• 1 Post By BillyGoat

Lesson learned.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Lesson learned.

So I finally took out my Gmade Sawback and the Toyota Landcruiser (cheap rig for my son) for a little crawling at Rocky River. Perfect place for crawling lots of rocks and water. What I didn't notice was my son driving the Sawback into deep water cause I was driving the Yota since he wanted to try out the JEEP, mind you I have waterproof electronics but I didn't think about the receiver which is NOT waterproof. So as I fish the Sawback out of the water with a branch and look it over at this time it's dead cause the receiver got water he takes the Toyota and does the same thing before I can react, he is ten years old I was so mad but didn't wanna say anything cause he is finally getting into crawling. So both cars are dead and in the sun drying thank god I caught him before he drove into the rapids with the Sawback cause I didn't feel like going for a swim. I took him racing at our track but could not get him to race so I'm hoping that he will like crawling cause he actually said it was fun. But next time I'm gonna have to be extra careful not to submerge any of the rigs.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Receivers are nice and simple to waterproof at least, I normally just give mine a coat of conformal coating, but you can always just throw it in a balloon and tie it off and hope for the best
Old 06-11-2017, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thanks for the advice Kingy1. I have some traxxas receiver boxes that are waterproof I will instal one on the cheap Yota. With the Sawback I will just rubber cement around the receiver box where the wires enter the box if this fails there is always shoe goo. Back in the 90's we used to use the ballon method with zip ties we would then use a silicone cover that hugged the receiver box since no waterproof electronics existed or where very expensive.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

haha

Good thing recievers aren't too expensive.

If there's even a hint of water, I won't go out with my trucks.

All I have is touring cars and short course trucks that are NOT waterproof by any stretch of the imagination and I don't have the time to tear them apart and dry everything off after every run.

I admire your bravery.
M03Racer likes this.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They might dry out and work again lol
Old 11-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Tech Rookie

I Steer Clear!
SUNNY & NICE YOU'LL MAKE IT TWICE!