Search

New Yeti Build using STRC/Castle/Savox parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Subscribed and can't wait to see more pics!
Old 02-18-2015, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

STRC is makes great quality products. IMO just as good as vanquish.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:53 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geooff
STRC is makes great quality products. IMO just as good as vanquish.
Awesome. I use STrc as my go to aluminum and only use different if they don't make the part I want but normally they have for all the brands I run so it makes it nice. They cover most of the popular kits on the market and are always adding new parts to keep up with the newest kits coming out.

My Yeti is coming along but are hobbyshop has a huge oval race this week with 250 entries or so most of my stuff is put away til after this weekend and then its time to finish up my build with the parts I have left and then work on ordering another round of parts as my racing season is running down for the winter.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:00 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

This week is one of the two or three weekends I have to work so after this weekend and then I go away for work next week for 3 days but by the weekend I will get the last few parts on my Yeti and get my next batch on order from STRC. Sorry it is taken awhile to get these last few pieces on but after this weekend and next week I only have one more weekend to work in March and then I should be back to normal and working weekly on my project.

Will get a pic or two of my Yeti next to my SCX10 just to show the difference between them.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

What do you use the motor and esc servo pinion?
Can you share more information.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was wondering how bright the gunmetal-anodized parts are. I'd prefer a shade or two darker, but at least they're not shiny silver. Then again, with shiny silver I don't have to worry about the color changing when the parts get dragged over rocks...but on the other hand I have their green parts on my Wraith and it has only a couple small nicks, because the parts are well-shielded by the tall tires.

Not sure if I'll go with gunmetal or black. I wish STRC offered blue parts to match the Yeti's paint scheme, then I'd know exactly which color to get.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
I was wondering how bright the gunmetal-anodized parts are. I'd prefer a shade or two darker, but at least they're not shiny silver. Then again, with shiny silver I don't have to worry about the color changing when the parts get dragged over rocks...but on the other hand I have their green parts on my Wraith and it has only a couple small nicks, because the parts are well-shielded by the tall tires.

Not sure if I'll go with gunmetal or black. I wish STRC offered blue parts to match the Yeti's paint scheme, then I'd know exactly which color to get.
I don't think the gun metal is really shiney. I will sy I don't like scratching anything as i'm kinda anal like that. I guess that is why my Yeti and SCX10 won't get ran much if at all but my new Teluride will be my all around fun truck.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:01 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Here is my other project. This one will get ran and won't be a total show type truck. Have to say its not finished yet but the little I ran it I can say this thing is awesome for trails and lite crawling. Plus its different.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

I like the blue beadlocks.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:32 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I like the blue beadlocks.
Thank you. I'm doing up anote set using the J Concepts Scorpio and then the Gun Metal STRC rings. Soon as.are.next shop order goes in I should have them. Will post when I get them.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

What does the green dot on the Trencher SC tires signify? I've only ever seen yellow dots on my Pro-Line tires.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:53 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

What does the green dot on the Trencher SC tires signify? I've only ever seen yellow dots on my Pro-Line tires.
The green is a M3 compound which is soft. The yellow is M2 which is a little harder compound.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:08 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Today I had my Telluride on a real trail crawler course setup at a small RC club setup. It was an amazing place and next time I go I will get pictures. I crawler for 30 minutes straight. Motor did get hot this time but nothing a fan won't cure so no big deal. Overall the Telluride turned a lot of heads of how well it crawled and I was super pleased with how it performed.

Main change will be making some softer inserts for my tires instead of the molded ones. My Trencher X's did great but a better insert will just make them that much better. Add a fan. Otherwise I'm going to just run it and enjoy how much fun this truck is. Only thing I want which I'm not sure I can get is more steering throw but if that is the only thing I can live with that as I don't compete and never will.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
The green is a M3 compound which is soft. The yellow is M2 which is a little harder compound.
Ah, I didn't even know the Trencher SCs were available in anything other than M2. Interesting.

Originally Posted by wyd
Today I had my Telluride on a real trail crawler course setup at a small RC club setup. It was an amazing place and next time I go I will get pictures. I crawler for 30 minutes straight. Motor did get hot this time but nothing a fan won't cure so no big deal. Overall the Telluride turned a lot of heads of how well it crawled and I was super pleased with how it performed.
Yeah, it really is a sadly underrated vehicle. Yes, it needs some modding to work as a crawler, but since when did that become a bad thing? It seems like half the crawler threads on the internet are about someone welding their own frame, which is is WAY more effort for the amount of gain.

Dunno if you've gotten the MIP X-CVDs for the Stampede 4x4 yet, but the extra weight down low makes a big difference for side-hilling.

Originally Posted by wyd
Main change will be making some softer inserts for my tires instead of the molded ones. My Trencher X's did great but a better insert will just make them that much better. Add a fan. Otherwise I'm going to just run it and enjoy how much fun this truck is. Only thing I want which I'm not sure I can get is more steering throw but if that is the only thing I can live with that as I don't compete and never will.
I use HPI Blitz soft open-cell foams, without the extra inner half-ring of foam. They work great.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Ah, I didn't even know the Trencher SCs were available in anything other than M2. Interesting.

Yeah, it really is a sadly underrated vehicle. Yes, it needs some modding to work as a crawler, but since when did that become a bad thing? It seems like half the crawler threads on the internet are about someone welding their own frame, which is is WAY more effort for the amount of gain.

Dunno if you've gotten the MIP X-CVDs for the Stampede 4x4 yet, but the extra weight down low makes a big difference for side-hilling.

I use HPI Blitz soft open-cell foams, without the extra inner half-ring of foam. They work great.
In will check out the MIP X CVD setup for sure and the HPI inserts is at least another great option to keep in mind. Thanks for the heads up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.