Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Upgrades for Honcho? >

Upgrades for Honcho?

Upgrades for Honcho?

Old 10-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Upgrades for Honcho?

Hello Im new to RC and new to scaling. Im going to buy the Axial SCX 10 honcho and was wondering what are some essential upgrades that would be best/cheapest to start with? If you could post some links to the items so I know where to go. I already have the upgraded drive shaft picked out, as I have heard the stock ones break easy. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default Upgrades

The stock servo is Ok but would be good to replace with a high torque Savox or Hitec etc...with BEC. Replace the plastic links is not a bad idea and get some aluminum CHubs and Knuckles. They are petty good out of the box and nothing i mentioned is necessary right away but good upgrades to consider. Have fun with it!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

If you haven't been to www.rccrawler.com you should go there. If you fork up $20 to join you have access to the classifieds where you can find some great deals too
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Great! Thanks for the input. I will have to check the parts out. Been checking out the forum site you suggested, its awesome! I'll have to wait to get the elite membership until I get the money, but it definitely get on that.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

rccrawler is definitely worth the 20 bucks. if you get aluminum knuckles, get the high clearance ones,then get a set of cvds. you'll end up with great steering that way.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoshCoomes
Hello Im new to RC and new to scaling. Im going to buy the Axial SCX 10 honcho and was wondering what are some essential upgrades that would be best/cheapest to start with? If you could post some links to the items so I know where to go. I already have the upgraded drive shaft picked out, as I have heard the stock ones break easy. Thanks in advance.
the newer wb8 drive shafts that come on the newer axial rigs are better than the older style. but if you want to up grade get mip shafts, id ditch the stock rip saw tires in favor for some pit bull rock beasts (yes they are the same company that makes the 1.1 tires) and like the others said rccrawler.com is a good place to look for help and parts. if you dont wana toss up the 20 bucks all you have to do is make 30 meaningful posts in 30 days and you get the access to the classified section. if you want to mail order your parts i recommend rpphobby.com they have reasonable priced parts and some are cheaper than most on line retailers and have real fast shipping also and they are a pleasure to deal with
Old 10-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Any other good sites to find upgrades?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Get a set of 2.2s, I'll never go back. Plus get a winch and a savox or hitec servo
Old 11-04-2012, 06:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoshCoomes
Any other good sites to find upgrades?
check out rpphobby.com cheep prices and super fast shipping they have almost everything u can want