Wiki Posts
Search

Novak goat $#!T

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KniteWulfe
The bec you have is the right one. You can change it's settings with a castle link. It should have instructions on how to connect it. You just solder the wires to the battery connector on the esc side. Then plug the bec into the power/batt slot on the rx. Are you using 2 batteries or 1 with a y-cable? Just pull both of the red wires from the esc connectors and plug them into the rx on the channels you want to use for throttle. No y harness. Then plug the servos into the channels you want to use for steering. Use the radio to blend the channels and you won't need any y cables.

That's just one of a few ways you could do it.

A novak dig unit could be helpful too but isn't really necessary with your radio.
I do not know how to blend with my radio it is an Ko-propo EX-10 Helios I did find a way to turn the back wheels but when I hit the button it turns left and stays there if I hit it one more time it wil center itself. any help.
This is the bec that I have.
Attached Thumbnails Novak goat $#!T-d_56.jpg  
Old 05-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

That is just a pic of the BEC mine is new in the Bag
Old 05-01-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In post 31 you said you had an airtronics 8 channel and post 33 you said you could blend them. I'm not familiar with your radio so I can't help you there. Some radios you can hook up to a computer and blend channels that way.

You hooked it up to a 2 position channel, that's why it didn't work. You need a channel with full control.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

In post 31 you said you had an airtronics 8 channel and post 33 you said you could blend them. I'm not familiar with your radio so I can't help you there. Some radios you can hook up to a computer and blend channels that way.

You hooked it up to a 2 position channel, that's why it didn't work. You need a channel with full control.
The aritronics RDS8000 that I have is to hard for me, I do not understand all the buttons and gizmos it has so I put my Ko-propo thats what I did LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Ok guys I got the crawler to work just fine thanks to all who put input on my matter. Now I have one LIL problem and I can not fined the fix for it, My steering servos are both on one channel with a why harness I was thinking that when I connect them into one channel they would both turn left but one is turnning left the other to the right it is crabbing any input would help me very much
thanks, Guy's
Old 05-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

There's a module you can get to reverse the signal, can't think of what it's called right now.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

There's a module you can get to reverse the signal, can't think of what it's called right now.
I was told I can use this. What you think? Y-Harness Servo Reverser
Attached Thumbnails Novak goat $#!T-55ad_1.jpg  
Old 05-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Yep that's what I was thinking of. It should work for what you need, though you would still be better off with a dedicated channel. I've never used one myself.