R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Crawler Room (https://www.rctech.net/forum/crawler-room-151/)
-   -   I finally pulled the trigger TRX-6 !! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/crawler-room/1093165-i-finally-pulled-trigger-trx-6-a.html)

jeanethics 12-09-2021 07:57 PM

I finally pulled the trigger TRX-6 !!

I turned it on for about 5 minutes. This thing is awesome..
i gotta shop for parts..

fyrstormer 12-13-2021 09:42 AM

You finally pulled the trigger...and the truck started moving forward? 😋 That's what it's supposed to do, anyway.

I recommend Samix black-powdercoated brass portal gearbox housings for all 6 wheels (extra weight down low), a front overdrive diff gear (it really helps with the TRX-6's very long chassis), and whatever steel center driveshafts you can find. You might need to cut one shorter to fit the tiny space between the 2nd and 3rd axles.

Also, the TRX-6 has trouble climbing over sharp obstacles like curbs because its chassis is so long. Rebuilding the 2nd-axle differential with Tamiya Anti-Wear Grease (insanely thick and sticky silicone grease) gives it a very strong limited-slip action and helps with that problem without needing to lock the diffs constantly. (I believe the point of having locking diffs is to be able to leave them unlocked most of the time, and only lock them when you get into the really hairy stuff. curbs don't count as "really hairy stuff".) The 1st and 3rd axle diffs don't need to be rebuilt with super-sticky grease, just the 2nd axle diff.

jeanethics 12-19-2021 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by fyrstormer (Post 15853580)
You finally pulled the trigger...and the truck started moving forward? 😋 That's what it's supposed to do, anyway.

I recommend Samix black-powdercoated brass portal gearbox housings for all 6 wheels (extra weight down low), a front overdrive diff gear (it really helps with the TRX-6's very long chassis), and whatever steel center driveshafts you can find. You might need to cut one shorter to fit the tiny space between the 2nd and 3rd axles.

Also, the TRX-6 has trouble climbing over sharp obstacles like curbs because its chassis is so long. Rebuilding the 2nd-axle differential with Tamiya Anti-Wear Grease (insanely thick and sticky silicone grease) gives it a very strong limited-slip action and helps with that problem without needing to lock the diffs constantly. (I believe the point of having locking diffs is to be able to leave them unlocked most of the time, and only lock them when you get into the really hairy stuff. curbs don't count as "really hairy stuff".) The 1st and 3rd axle diffs don't need to be rebuilt with super-sticky grease, just the 2nd axle diff.

Lol.. trigger pulled Forward action!!

fyrstormer Thank you, will order the housings ASAP.. Thank you for the tips.

I’ve been working so much haven’t had time to play. The little drive I have had with it makes me like it a lot. I have it bone stock.
going to start adding stuff to it now. See what I can get shipped!!!

xfbaap 02-18-2022 04:43 PM

Awesome crawler! I love my trx6, probably my favourite crawler of all time 🤘