Like Tree50Likes

Axial RBX10 Ryft!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I will check them axle housing out.

Started breaking rod ends. Bought some AE RC8B3E rear camber link ends. Had to mod them a bit to fit, have them mounted and hope to try them out today sometime. Will report back if they last better than the stock ones,
.AJ. likes this.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

I’ve broken a couple of the bent ones on the front links, I just replaced them with straight ones and they have been ok since
Big_Show likes this.
Old 05-23-2021, 02:09 AM
Tech Regular

I did that also, but then started breaking the straight ones. A friend broke the bent one, changed to a strait and broke the new straight one with in 10min without a bad crash. The RC8B3E is made out of better plastic in my opinion, race grade vs RTR grade. Have not got to take my Ryft out since I changed the rod ends.
Old 05-23-2021, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Big_Show
I did that also, but then started breaking the straight ones. A friend broke the bent one, changed to a strait and broke the new straight one with in 10min without a bad crash. The RC8B3E is made out of better plastic in my opinion, race grade vs RTR grade. Have not got to take my Ryft out since I changed the rod ends.
Good to know. What is part number of AE rod ends you're using? Thx.
Old 05-23-2021, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Team Associated 81399 RC8B3 Rod Ends 4 mm. To make the rods short enough I had to cut the rod end down where the rod threads in. I cut like 1/4 off. I had to buy 3 sets to do the whole Ryft. 2 in each pack are of set, I put them on the lower front rods to gain a little ground clearance. Other 2 offset ends I put on rear rods at the top of the rear axle housing.
mosquito likes this.
Old 05-27-2021, 02:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Fitted the 2 speed kit to my truck, I left out the shift fork guide rod as recommended to me and the shift works like silk

Ive spent ages setting the end points on the servo and even checked with my temp gun to make it doesn’t fight the end points and overheats, fingers crossed it lasts longer than 10 mins
Big_Show and mosquito like this.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

You use the balls out of the stock ryft arm ends.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

For what?
Old 05-31-2021, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

For the RC8B3E rod ends. Just use the balls out of the stock Ryft rod ends.
Old 06-07-2021, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Who is making hop ups for the Ryft?
I know of Treal and Vitavon and looks like some random Chinese ebay companies but not sure who else. Even Axial hasn't really released any.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Got a treal servo saver (no one else has any in stock) and it looks good but the splines need to be very closely machined and either they messed that up or anodized the splines. It is almost impossible to get it on a servo. Would not recommend this servo saver.

I know its not easy to anodize something like this but they could have inserted a servo spline when anodizing to preserve the threads.

It came assembled but screwed down so tightly had to use pliers to unscrew. Because aluminum on aluminum is bad for servo savers, going to put very thin plastic between the surfaces to help.

Last edited by mosquito; 06-08-2021 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry, double post
Old 06-17-2021, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Fitted a set of SSD beadlocks, along with some Proline dual stage foams

Big_Show likes this.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Have had mine for 2 days and love every minute. Starting to build a crawler track in backyard.

.AJ. and Big_Show like this.
Old 06-26-2021, 08:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What's everyone's thoughts on Shock Oils now that you've had your rig for a bit?

I want to rebuild these ones on this Ryft I picked up and looking for some thoughts from your use.

Not many hills in my area, but there are some. So I wont be on them too much. More Bashing, rocking, and some lower speed crawling and trail running, some river bed stuff maybe as the Damns that failed due to the Ignorance of my States Attorney General here in Michigan last year has opened up a lot of riverbed area that used to be bigger rivers and lakes just a few miles west of me. Had I been just 10 miles west of my current home, it likely would have been washed away last year when the dam failed.

Anyways, lots of new riverbed to play in now.

Who used the vanquish Yeti XL Sway bar for their Ryft? How long of a piece of 3m Piano wire did you need to make the new cross bar?
I found Sway Bar Bushing I can print on Thingiverse for the rack mounts on the rig, just need to know how long to cut my wire so when the Vanquish Swaybar shows up i can install it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.