NewB for crawling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 08:36 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default NewB for crawling

Race 1/10 buggy. 6yr old wants a crawler. Looking at the axial wraith 1.9. Better than destroying my old X-ray xb4. We liked the wraith at first because it could cruise and climb... Hoping someone can help me make a decision I’ve got a bunch of Lipos, speedos, and 17.5 and 13.5t motors. Any help appreciated!
Old 11-15-2020, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

I would get him a scx10 II kit ...he can work on it,can choose whatever body he wants, its cheap and a decent crawler .
Lipos are good ...17.5T/13.5T motors not so much !
For crawling you better start with a 27T brushed and a crawler ESC for low speed control. A Holmes hobbies 27T trailmaster on 2s and a HW 1080 is like 60 bucks...peanuts. Have fun you two
Old 12-21-2020, 09:25 AM
Tech Rookie

If you are like me and looking at budget rigs, I am liking the RGT 136100v2 or the EX86010 for 1/10 scale right now. Both can be had RTR for like $75, seem tough enough and are a little slower than some others (which is good for my kids). From what I can tell, they seem to have pretty good parts support and all the reviews I have looked at make it look like a good fit for us. It's on my list to purchase when we have the money (kids are getting 1/24's axials for Christmas).

We have some 1/24 scalers and some WPL's so far and I am impressed with the RGT's the most. Really solid rigs from what I can see.

I will add that I am fairly new to this and definitely not an expert, but I do pride myself on finding the best deals for the best value.