Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Team Kwik IB4200WC Practice Packs

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hi Nick, just wanted to know how many of these packs you have left?

Also how long before cells start loosing their match or integrity prior to being soldered together?
Old 04-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kwik
I went ahead and cut some of the prices, I would really like to see these cells in good homes =)

Nick
YGPM
Old 05-06-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This may not be the right place for this question, but it's fitting.

What does the run time mean and what do the voltages mean? Sorry, but the whole battery thing still confuses me....
Old 05-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I will give this a shot, cesspool...

The run time is the amount of time that it takes to discharge that particular cell for a given amount of amperage. Some matchers are using a 30 amp discharge rate, others use (more typically) 35 amps. There are some cell matchers that are looking at going to a 40 amp rate... The run time is the average voltage of that cell over the time that it takes to discharge that cell. So, for instance the pack listed with cells that read "Run Time: 433-438, Voltage: 1.223-1.229" the cells that make up that pack are between 433 - 438 seconds with average voltages of 1.223 volts to 1.229 volts during that 433 - 438 seconds of discharge time period.

For reference, 300 seconds is the time for a normal race (5 minutes). So, noticing that the average cells are all overshooting that 5 minutes by almost 1.5 times, means that the voltage will have a higher voltage toward the end of the race.

Some people are always looking for the highest voltage packs, especially in on-road and oval, where racing stock motors on a very low resistance surface will really show the differences. However, for club racing, the highest voltage packs aren't always needed (although, are very nice to have), fresh rip (sticks) will still shine nicely. So, even if you can't afford the best packs, at least getting fresh matched sticks will go a long way.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

how much you think postage for 2 packs (12 cells) to Australia?

thanks man
Old 05-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GymBeam
how much you think postage for 2 packs (12 cells) to Australia?

thanks man
Hi Gym,

As per my post at the top of this thread we have moved these packs (along with many more) over to the website for ordering. You should be able to place items in your cart and begin the checkout process to view the available shipping services and pricing for your country.

Take care,
Nick