Wiki Posts
Search

Breaking News Thunder Valley RC Track

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Breaking News Thunder Valley RC Track

Coming this spring 2011 From one of the most prestigious motocross tracks in the country a new off road 8th scale track. This facility holds a national motocross
every year, and was the recent site of the Motocross of Nations, the most important motocross race of the year. Thunder Valley has decided to build a RC track
and is planning on having it ready for the 2011 season. It is located on C470 and I70 right down from Bandimere speedway. With a track and promoter as reputable as this
getting involved they only know one way to do things. BIG! Stay tuned for
more info to come.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Great news, this is close to the house. Hopefully it'll be open regularly and not just for race events.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by motosb
Coming this spring 2011 From one of the most prestigious motocross tracks in the country a new off road 8th scale track. This facility holds a national motocross
every year, and was the recent site of the Motocross of Nations, the most important motocross race of the year. Thunder Valley has decided to build a RC track
and is planning on having it ready for the 2011 season. It is located on C470 and I70 right down from Bandimere speedway. With a track and promoter as reputable as this
more info to come.
keep us informed
Old 02-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

wow this would be awsome to have a good track close. Looking foward to hearing more about it. Keep us posted.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Great News!!!

Looking forward to what they have in store I'm sure it will be great
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by motosb
more info to come.
This would be fantastic! We have some great tracks in the area and am glad to hear we might have another. I am gladto run at any and all the tracks here in Colorado. This might just be a special year--I am getting stoked. I hope Spring comes soon (and stays) here for the Denver area!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

kool! i could do some mx'in between heats. plut its like 10 min from my house.

Thanks to all who helped get this off the ground! I still plan on hitting longmont/springs/burlington, etc.. but this will be super convienent for after work practice...

the best part of this arrangement seems to be that noise will NOT be an issue, and that lakewood owns the property/track (from what i know) so the track should have some life-span to it which is the best thing that can happen for racers and bashers alike.

guess i'll start breaking in some motors..
Old 02-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

This may be a dumb question but 1/8th scale nitro or electric?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by W1KK3D
This may be a dumb question but 1/8th scale nitro or electric?
Both.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

I drove by Thunder Valley today just to check it out. What an MX track! This would be an ideal location for a RC track. I think you can get to this track easily from anywhere in the metro area. I hope this one happens!!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

I have spoken to a few people that I trust and they both say its coming.

I dont know, but I heard this was the premier track for MX with holding the biggest race in the state...

If they put in 50% of the effort they do in MX - we will have a big time track up here. Plus its not far from the job site....... Practice that wont tear up yo chit.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, that MX track is the most insane I have ever seen! So huge and with crazy elevation changes. We would be stoked to have a RC track on this site.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Just wondering what classes will be ran here. I don't have a buggy or a truggy but if they run monster trucks I will set up my e revo to race

Thanks
Bigdog
Old 03-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigdog5332
Just wondering what classes will be ran here. I don't have a buggy or a truggy but if they run monster trucks I will set up my e revo to race

Thanks
Bigdog
Well, since the track is not built yet it is hard to say. Most likely this will be an 8th scale track--so buggy and truggy would be my guess. I have not seen a monster truck class here in CO. Maybe in club racing in Longmont on Sunday.

Sometimes they will run 10th scales and an 8th scale track but again you will have better luck with that class on Sunday in Longmont. I hope this helps . . .
Old 03-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

I believe they will run everything if enough people show up. But I have been in Co for almost 6 years and I have only seen 2 MT races here....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.