Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Colorado Springs - RC Mania - Off-road track

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 04:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi

We made some good progress today, special thanks to Gary McKinney and Todd Brown. Some more tractor work is required tomorrow and then we can begin building the jumps and laying the tubes. We also got some free clay to make the track more wear resistant. Please consider coming out tomorrow to help. We will probably need help next weekend as well.

Thanks,

Gary Thompson
Old 11-27-2015, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello

Track work is cancelled this weekend 28 and 29 November due to the cold and snow. Let's shoot for next weekend 05 and / or 06 December.

Thanks,

Gary
Old 12-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

We got most of the track design finished. We still need to water and pack down everything but the track is drivable.

Here's a video of some test laps.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

New layout looks awesome. I stopped by on Saturday to see the progress. You guys got a lot done on Sunday it looks like. Wish I could have been a part of it. Surgery scheduled for this Thursday. Hopefully I will be able to be back at the track in a month or so. Thanks you all the hard work everyone.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Jetset, Hope your surgery goes well.

Here's another video of the cars running on the track from some different angles. We also have a shot of Gary's 1/5 scale on the new oval we made.

We're also going to make a small scale track.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello,

The track rebuild is going well, we made some more good progress last weekend. Thanks to the few who came out to help. All tractor work is complete, but we still need to water it, compact the jumps, and tie down the tubes. After this, we plan to work on a large oval in northeast of the main track and a mini track southeast of the main track. We will most likely skip this Saturday the 12th due to cold and snow but are planning to continue Sunday. We can always use an extra hand, so please stop by. See videos above for the layout and the first test drives!

Thanks,

Gary
Old 12-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Initiate

And yes, that's me crashing my summit (e-revo) in the video above
Old 01-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Here's another shot of my Kraton taking a hotlap.

The track is really loose, we need moisture bad. The small track may need to be carpeted in order for the smaller cars to get any traction. If anybody knows of a way we could access some outdoor carpet, that would be great.

+ YouTube Video
Old 02-14-2016, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

I didn't get to look at the track this weekend but I saw it earlier in the week. There was a lot of mud in the parking lot.

Since I haven't done any RC in a while I made up a crash compilation from 2015. Enjoy!

+ YouTube Video
Old 02-15-2016, 08:13 AM
Tech Initiate

There's still quite a bit of snow on the track, about half covered. It might be barely drivable if your car is waterproof and has oversized tires.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

The parking lot is dry.

+ YouTube Video
Old 03-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Tech Initiate

--TRACK CLOSING 02 APRIL 2016--

Hi

I've just received word that the church and Tutt blvd are both expanding and our track is in the way. We have exactly one month to remove the track. I'll try to convince them to let us move it to another part of their property instead of closing it. I'll keep you informed.

Gary
Old 03-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello,

I heard back from the church, they will not let us relocate the track on their property. I posted a closing sign over the info sign. We've got all of the stakes pulled and the tubes collected near the drivers stand. The wooden deck has been claimed by one of the founding members, but the tubes are up for grabs if anyone wants them. There are also some 1/18th scale track materials under the pit table such as bricks, carpet, and edging, all free for the taking. If no one wants these things, then we will get a roll off dumpster and throw everything away in a couple of weeks.

Gary
Old 03-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's too bad the track won't be able to stay. I'm glad I got to try it out a few times though. Thanks for the updates!
Old 03-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey again,

I've contacted the colorado springs and el paso county departments of land use, parks & recreation, and sports to request that they build an RC track. i cited the facebook page with 245 followers and gave the examples of the 2 government sponsored BMX tracks in the area in hopes that they would see the similarity.

I encourage you to do the same. Email these guys and make a plea
[email protected]
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]

Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.