Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High Desert Raceplace News Notes and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Been working on the pit area now getting ready to start on the MERC track later today. The Supercross track is being extended with a crossover. We are going to roll and pack it soon.

Thanks for the tip Cory. That is a pretty nice track and it's huge. My track is only going to be 40' x 85'. I have the tillers, roller, and packer so I can change jumps whenever I need to but I still may do something similar so I can change the track layout each race. Great idea!

Don't forget to sign in to http://mercracingleague.com and register for club membership. A few of us have had the registration email going to the spam or bulk mail folders, so be sure to check it. If you lose the registration email, send a message to the administrator on the forum.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 101racing
Hey are you guys sure this track is closed the web site was updated 5-30 and it said they are racing?
Yeah it's dead.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just in case anyone is still subscribed to the thread we are reaching out:

We at R.R.C.P are deeply saddened to announce the passing of one of the founding members of R.R.C.P. and a close friend to so many. Frank Shaw passed away, Sunday August 5th and will be forever missed. In honor of Frank and his dedication to the City of Rifle and the sport of RC racing, we are continuing with this weekend’s race as a fundraiser for the Shaw family. We are asking everyone to spread the word and attend the race this Saturday August 11th as well as a candlelight vigil being held Friday, August 10th at 8pm at the R.R.C.P. track, located at 1221 E. Centennial Parkway in Rifle. Additional information on the Frank Shaw Memorial Race will be posted soon. Please check RCtech.com and the R.R.C.P. Facebook page for additional details.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zZ Hop
Just in case anyone is still subscribed to the thread we are reaching out:

We at R.R.C.P are deeply saddened to announce the passing of one of the founding members of R.R.C.P. and a close friend to so many. Frank Shaw passed away, Sunday August 5th and will be forever missed. In honor of Frank and his dedication to the City of Rifle and the sport of RC racing, we are continuing with this weekend’s race as a fundraiser for the Shaw family. We are asking everyone to spread the word and attend the race this Saturday August 11th as well as a candlelight vigil being held Friday, August 10th at 8pm at the R.R.C.P. track, located at 1221 E. Centennial Parkway in Rifle. Additional information on the Frank Shaw Memorial Race will be posted soon. Please check RCtech.com and the R.R.C.P. Facebook page for additional details.
Can you send me a PM with mailing Info so I can make a donation. Can't make race I have other commitments this weekend.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dirt Works
Can you send me a PM with mailing Info so I can make a donation. Can't make race I have other commitments this weekend.
I will soon as I have more information. Thank you so much!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

My apologies; I had answered a few PMs before I had all the info. Please see below:

Frankie Ray Shaw
4/7/1971 ~ 8/5/2012

Frankie Ray Shaw, 41, of Rifle passed away August 5, 2012.

He was born in DuQuoin, IL on April 7, 1971. Frankie graduated from Rifle High School. He was married to Leslie Janine (Benton) Shaw, from Wilmington, NC.

Frankie was employed by the City of Rifle Public Works Department as a Superintendant. He was a proud Marine Corps veteran and a positive influence within his community. He was responsible for the building of a city bicycle park for the local children and a Remote control "RC" park that has been enjoyed by many.

Frankie is survived by his wife Leslie, daughter Jordan, son Kyle, and grandson Maddox.

He is also survived by his parents Loren & Lois Polley of DeBeque; siblings Kimberly Woolever of Gillette, WY; Cindy Forney of Corvalis, OR; William "Paul" Knapp of Silverthorne, CO; Gregory Knapp of Los Angeles, CA; Terry Knapp of San Diego, CA; Deanna Forney of Grand Junction, CO; Chad Scholebo of Gillette, WY; and many other aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and relatives.

A Celebration of Life will be held Friday, August 10, 10:00 am at Rocky Mountain Baptist Church in Rifle.

In lieu of flowers the family suggests donations to Rifle Remote Control Park, c/o Brad Church, 1305 East 17th Street, Rifle, CO 81650.

Online condolences at RifleFuneralHome.com