Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'll try to join you guys Sunday, but right now, the wife is still pretty sick and I started coming down with something this evening. Good times ahead.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Exclamation

Due to the way the weather looks for sunday, and the lack of room at jim's place if we have to work inside because of rain, we are moving the barrier workshop to one of my empty units. we will have much more area to work in if it rains.

the address is 6260 w. 52nd ave, unit 106. it is located 2 blocks east of Marshall st. (between wadsworth and sheridan) on 52nd ave. the facility is called Clear Creek Valley Business Park. if you have and questions on how to get there, please call me @ 303.564.6677

we will also need anyone that has a portable table saw, buzz saw, saw horses and/ or caorless drill, to bring them along. there is alot of cutting and screwing (insert pun here) that needs to be done, and the more tools we have the better off we will be.

also if you have and 2 1/2 inch wood screws we will be needing those as well. there is a home depot and a lowes right down the street at 52nd and wads if we need to go buy more stuff, so don't worry.

we will be making new outer barriers, and also some more inner barriers, as well as possibly painting the new boards. so if you have a paint brush, you might want to throw that in as well. there is alot of work to be done, and this activity is part of being in the club so you are expected to help. we need a good turnout from the members in order to make the day as short as possible.

again if you have any questions, please call me 303.564.6677
Old 03-27-2008, 03:59 PM
MCD
Tech Initiate

Syndrome, I have plans to build a 9'5"by16' track for mini z's in my basement the project is on hold for now, looking for a good price on the interlocking rubber floor mats that the cars run on.racing looks fun and good wheel time!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MCD
Syndrome, I have plans to build a 9'5"by16' track for mini z's in my basement the project is on hold for now, looking for a good price on the interlocking rubber floor mats that the cars run on.racing looks fun and good wheel time!
Oh cool, glad I'm not the only one! The RCP tiles are the standard, but they're terribly expensive. I see a lot of people run on the "budget" tiles that Atomicmods.com sells. I'm almost certain they're the same tiles available at getrung.com, as the picture they use is exactly the same. I actually already had some of those for my home gym, and the back side appears to be perfect for a little racing.

The car just showed up, and it's OMG tiny. I mean, palm of your hand kind of stuff. I'm going to build it up now. I'll let you guys know how things progress, especially with the little track.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:19 PM
d
Tech Initiate

syndrome go to yahoo abc dtm 1/24 car is real cool and speaker box carpet works great for a basement track
Old 03-28-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1
Hey just a quick CLUB related question. When we meet on the 30th
should we bring screw gun's and drill bit's? And does someone have access to a table saw to rip the pieces of plywood prior to the 30th?
Thanks for the quick response, see you Sunday
Old 03-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

WOOD AND HINGES HAVE ARIVED
Old 03-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Exclamation LOOK!!

Spectacular news!!! The insurance is finalized. We have negotiated a deal to cover all racers that show up. ROAR membership is no longer needed to race with the club.!!

This reduction in race costs should help grow the club in so many ways, it's not even funny.

All the boring tedius stuff for getting the summer series off the ground seems to be done. Now it's just a matter of finalizing series plans, special events, entry fees and such.

With input from other members, I've created a first draft of some ideas that could help to gain interest and excitement in the club. We'll talk about many of these issues at the track build to get a feel for the pros and cons of each recommendation before it is taken before the board of directors.

Be part of something special, and come race with us!!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

there will be more to follow about the costs associated with being a club member and racing costs. we will be talking about this on sunday.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Steve and Mario you have a PM with some questions I had since I wont be in Denver tomorrow for the meeting/discussion.

~Tyler
Old 03-30-2008, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

check your pm for response.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am very sad to tell everyone that Sal's wife, Carol, passed away on Thursday, March 27th. go to marcar.org
Sal sorry to here about carol best of wishs
Old 03-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by al dente
check your pm for response.
Thanks for the response, I replied. I guess everything will probably turn out better than it was initially sounding.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MIKE HINDS
I am very sad to tell everyone that Sal's wife, Carol, passed away on Thursday, March 27th. go to marcar.org
Sal sorry to here about carol best of wishs
Sorry to hear about the loss Sal. My thoughts and wishes are with you and your family.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sad news about Sal's wife. Ditto what Mike said; please e-mail Sal when you get a chance.

Many thanks to those who gave up an entire day to work on the track today. I think we made huge progress. Boards improved, additional boards made, timing loop and sugar barrel fabricated and all the new boards painted.

We may still need another partial day of finish work on the track next sat, so if you were unable to make it today, please try and show up next sat. Same location. Mario/Art will post or e-mail times before Sat.

The following was proposed and approved by the members that showed today: 1) lower yearly club dues to $50 for the year. 2) Summer race fees: $15 non members for each car, $10 members for each car; novice is $5 flat rate regardless of member status. 3) Roar membership is no longer required to show up and race.

The other benefits of membership is auto entry into any series races ($25 flat rate to join series for all non members), participation in season long raffle, and other benefits to be defined.

The only classes that will run each week are 19T rubber, 1/10 gas, and novice. Any other classes will need a minimum of 6 cars to form a heat.

Gas mains will be the following lengths: A: 20 min. B: 15 min, C-Z mains: 10 min. I hope you are not in the Z main.

Breaks: We will NOT take hour long breaks like we did with carpet races. The races will be run back to back with a maximum of 15 minutes between rounds. With rain a possibility every day, we need to get the races in pronto.

Sign up sheets for the following committees will be available on tthe first race day: sponsorship (swag), advertising, carpet facility locator. 2 people minimum are required for each committee.

Daily race director sign up sheets will also be posted on the 20th. 2 people each day will be required to run the races. Once you have signed up, you are exempt for the remainder of the season. Members who help each week in other ways (concessions, raffle, etc) are exempt from running the races.

The series will be a "Reedy race style" with best 5 out of 9 races seeding to be eligible for the final race. The final series race held on the last race day of the season will take the top 10 qualifiers in each class (19t, and gas 1/10 only) and they will run a triple A mains style race (one hour gas main) to determine the series winner. All other classes and racers will also run this day as a regular race day for these entries.

Practice sessions will separate gas and electric cars and will run in intervals (10 min, 15 min) to reduce breakage. Time intervals will be set based on turnout of each class.

Rain outs will be e-mailed to the entire group by a 6 AM or earlier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.