Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:04 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdbachus
Great idea! I was suprised that they were not aware of the MHIC race. They would probably want to make sure that we only race on Sundays during the winter so we are not stealing there summer Sunday racers. We do this already..but they would want to know.
Yeh the hobby town folks asked me last week where I was racing at, I had the MHIC shirt on and mentioned the race. They had no idea. (or so they claimed at the counter).

I know Hobbytown doesn't directly support CORRC, but we definitely need to be making inroads with local and area hobby stores. That's where our customer base will come from most easily.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
Yeh the hobby town folks asked me last week where I was racing at, I had the MHIC shirt on and mentioned the race. They had no idea. (or so they claimed at the counter).

I know Hobbytown doesn't directly support CORRC, but we definitely need to be making inroads with local and area hobby stores. That's where our customer base will come from most easily.
I know i said i wasn't going to post anymore and this post isnt directed to clegg (i'm just using his quote) but i had to.
Hobbytown did have knowledge of our race and all of our racing for that matter,but choose not to support our track in any way. I know for a fact that people have went in their to inquire about carpet onroad and where told their is no carpet track in the denver area, but of coarse they mentioned their outdoor racing. Hobbytown is a waste of time.
As for the entry classes ,that is the hardest thing to start at our club. We only get 1 or 2 guys at a time so some of the veteran racers buy cars so these guys have people to race with , then the new people get tired of getting beat so they quit (look what happend to the the F1 guys). Also i think price needs to be lowerd in order to get new people , people can race at hobbytown for $10 we charge $20, i can see that keeping some people from racing with us.
ok im done ,back to not posting
Old 05-02-2012, 03:18 PM

Huh, that's really too bad. For those who are going to race at Hobbytown, maybe you need to get banners to put on your pit table sayin "Want to race in CO's largest indoor onroad track? ask me about CORRC in Lakewood!"
Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The same Hobbytown that shut the doors to their carpet track and left racers out in the cold?

Yeah, they get zero of my dollars or support.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
ok im done ,back to not posting
Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
Huh, that's really too bad. For those who are going to race at Hobbytown, maybe you need to get banners to put on your pit table sayin "Want to race in CO's largest indoor onroad track? ask me about CORRC in Lakewood!"
It is too bad , cause we support their track in the summer but get no support in return.
now im back to not posting lol
Old 05-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

By the way Ryan, Donny used the option top pod and battery braces on his nationals car. It looks like the battery brace has extra mounting positions, and the top pod brace puts the shock ball stud further forward by nearly a cm (judging from photos). Interesting.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM

Ryan, I stop posting too, sometimes multiple times in one day

Why the posting hiatus?
Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
That's fantastic, tell me more.
I would say more but I wouldn't want to post something about actual R/C cars or being excited about R/C in this forum, it may distract from all the other stuff here.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:55 PM
S&B
Tech Adept

I don't get why we wouldn't take advantage of some free exposure.

Like I said, that's where I found out about the club. Sorry to flame up the forum, just trying to help out.

As usual, I'll leave the discussion feeling a bit more ignorant and a bit less enthusiastic.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:07 PM

Scott, that's more or less how I feel most times I post an idea or comment on an idea here.

While there is obvious bad blood, or what ever between HT and CORRC. Our members who want to race there can be excellent be ambassadors for the club to recruit new members there. Even if Hobbytown themselves doesn't support us, as Scott said, free advertisement via our members who want to race there (Ben, Scott, Paul, and who else?)

The pettiness of R/C often leads to tracks and clubs closing shop... it hurts everyone. Use Hobbytown's events to push our club, doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. Sounds cheap and if we do it right could net us a nice increase in turnout come fall or even some week nights.

Offer discounts for racers who find out about us via those races... say their first few races are $10/race?

Discount races a tad over the summer? (really it doesn't cost the club any more money to have someone race, so getting $10 over the summer, is better than getting $0.) Most people who are racing already have key's and don't pay per race anyway.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Joe. Love the new sig.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All of the above ideas are good i think. I know when i've walked into colpar or both hobbytowns there are no signs or flyers about the track. If we have some, i'll post them. I can also post to the Grocery store bbs walls, and the lakewood community paper. How about listing tues night as "novice" night, similar to mhor on wed? Using tues as a reduced rate, run the F1 class, and other noob classes It seems at montana, the family involvement drives the club there. I know we definately are not family friendly at times. I found alot of tracks back in the day on Car-actions track directory. We should be on it. Alot of people dont read Rc tech,,,,,which is probably good for us.

Frank
Old 05-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ill even post flyers at work. telephone poles, nursing homes.... day cares
Old 05-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

We have a couple of factors working against us right now...

1) The weather has got warmer and people are starting to spend time outside and not doing RC in some cases.
2) After the big race we always see a bunch of members disappear for a few weeks. This time is no exception.
3) Outdoor racing is starting at Hobbytown and some members enjoy racing over there.
4) hobby town gives out hobby bucks...and let's face it people care about stuff like that. Spending 80 bucks in tires gets eased when you win three bucks.

I would suggest the newer members go back and read some of the things we have tried in the past...getting new people in here is tough. I am not sure speakers or beta rites are going to help that. We are not selling a product that can be bought on an impulse. Working with local hobby shops can help...but Hobbytown does not want people to come to our track in the summer, they want people in their parking lot. I get it but advertising over there will probably not generate any new racers. I think it is worth a try, but don't be surprised if it does not yield anything.

The main issue as I see it is that this track and it's members are for racing and racers. It is really not designed for the novices or anything other then racing. So if you want to cater to newer less experienced racers then you have to make novice type classes more accessible or you have to focus on making it the best racing track around with the highest level of competition. Without a hobby shop this track is simply a track...supported and operated by and for racers. No racers means no track...

I am personally open to every good idea you guys can come up with...so keep the ideas coming.

There are plenty of racers in town and you have to appeal to them. You are not going to get someone over from great clips to come in and get the bug and drop two grand on equipment. That marketing model simply won't work or at least has not so far. If you have an idea go and try it, you really do not permission. We as club have to take the responsibility and go out and sell our product. Great racing, great racers, great track!

If you like onroad racing and you want to get better then you have no choice but to run at CORRC, anything else simply won't stack up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.