Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grumpybrat
Here is what I found for UF1...
Yes, what you posted is what is currently on the web .. and yet does not reflect changes in the works. When I get an F1 kit, I will be picking up a 25.5 non-short stack w/12.3mm rotor (normal). I have heard that the reason to use non-short stack and smaller rotors was to have some synergy with the VTA/USGT motors (whichever one of those classes runs 25.5).
Old 10-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Is there a meeting to decide on F1 and VTA Thursday night?
Old 10-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grumpybrat
Is there a meeting to decide on F1 and VTA Thursday night?
Russ, I still think the timing of the regular club meetings is still TBD since most of the guys were out last week and haven't been able to nail down a time. I was hoping we were still shooting for the weekends since that gives the guys who travel a but further (Fort Collins and Colorado Springs) a better chance of being around for them. But VTA and F1 isn't something we need to wait to discuss there necessarily.

I can't speak for F1, but VTA rules should be wrapped up already. The big push to run VTA is in part to help support the guys coming over from HobbyTown to run with us. Since they already have a VTA series going locally using US VTA Rules we will just align with them and follow the same rules with the exception of not requiring the driver figure to be present.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I am waiting for the new TOP F1 kits to arrive before I start racing that class again, but my input is that for this season we should stick with the 21.5 rule that has been in place for a long time (and is used by ETS in one of the largest F1 series in the world, albeit with a handout motor). ROAR has no approved 25.5 motors, that I am aware of, which means we can't just rely on a ROAR approval list, and then the rules being used in the Midwest are too tech-intensive for us to reliably follow. Additionally, the rules are so restrictive that you are tied to only a couple of motor options, which I personally don't think is great for the class.

We can always change in the future when the 25.5 thing is a little more concrete and stable, but right now I would be worried that there is still too much debate to merit going all in.

As Nate mentioned I think the VTA discussion is more concrete, as that class has a fairly stable set of rules that have been around for awhile. I think the only exception (in addition to the driver figure item that Nate mentioned) is that we will likely not enforce the battery mAh rule. I think there could be some discussion about allowing other 25.5 motors, but we would once again fall into the same trap as the F1 discussion - there is no ROAR approved 25.5 list.

I know I am planning on racing this Sunday the 18th - if others are planning on attending we can try to have this discussion then?

Last edited by LloydLoar; 10-13-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

How do you guys feel about mod 12 10.5 blinky for MHIC ?

Eliminate 13.5 so only 2 classes

Some talk about it on Carpet thread
Old 10-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
I am waiting for the new TOP F1 kits to arrive before I start racing that class again, but my input is that for this season we should stick with the 21.5 rule that has been in place for a long time (and is used by ETS in one of the largest F1 series in the world, albeit with a handout motor). ROAR has no approved 25.5 motors, that I am aware of, which means we can't just rely on a ROAR approval list, and then the rules being used in the Midwest are too tech-intensive for us to reliably follow. Additionally, the rules are so restrictive that you are tied to only a couple of motor options, which I personally don't think is great for the class.

We can always change in the future when the 25.5 thing is a little more concrete and stable, but right now I would be worried that there is still too much debate to merit going all in.

As Nate mentioned I think the VTA discussion is more concrete, as that class has a fairly stable set of rules that have been around for awhile. I think the only exception (in addition to the driver figure item that Nate mentioned) is that we will likely not enforce the battery mAh rule. I think there could be some discussion about allowing other 25.5 motors, but we would once again fall into the same trap as the F1 discussion - there is no ROAR approved 25.5 list.

I know I am planning on racing this Sunday the 18th - if others are planning on attending we can try to have this discussion then?
Forgot to say that yes, I am aware that Brad Palmer says there will be ROAR rules updated to accommodate F1 with 25.5. Don't get angry with me if I say that I am not holding my breath for that to happen quickly.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
How do you guys feel about mod 12 10.5 blinky for MHIC ?

Eliminate 13.5 so only 2 classes

Some talk about it on Carpet thread
I would run 10.5 blinky if we offered it, but tangential to the discussion of us offering the class at MHIC, I will admit that I have some issues with the 'mod' class being blinky (unless it is a faster wind than 10.5.) I personally feel that the 'mod' class should be grip limited to put more focus on driver skill rather than horsepower, and that just isn't the case with 10.5 blinky 1/12. 10.5 blinky sedan is getting close, but still not enough (for me personally.)

I am well aware that my viewpoint really doesn't match that of most folks racing in the US, though, so I guess I will start working on 10.5 blinky
Old 10-13-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

hey guys, my fall schedule is just about over. i will not be there sunday, as my son has 2 lacrosse games (last of the season, thank god). I will be there thursday night, and plan on racing. We can talk about this stuff thursday. I also am planning on going to the track tonight, is anyone else gonna be there?
Old 10-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

working tonight until 9, I will be there Thursday and Sunday.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have to travel for family issues and will not be able to be back at the track until Thursday of next week.

My proxy votes are:

Keep with the rules for vta - 25.5 novak, 5000 mah battery.

For F1- lets do whatever the rules at MHIC will be.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would suggest we discuss this in a more accessible forum than Thursday night racing where many people won't/can't be present. Or at least offer up a bit more warning that two days in advance. I know a few people have thrown around ideas like club meetings, google hangout, etc...

As a club I believe we need to attempt to come up with a more inclusive way to make decisions than to pick random days when a few people at the track making decisions that could affect others.

I don't see the immediate need to rush to have a conversation on either of these (F1 or VTA) right now anyway. VTA is already using already moving forward using USVTA rules and F1 can continue to run as it has been for the last couple years. I think the 25.5 F1 conversation is a great idea moving forward, but even if we do that, it should be rolled out with enough warning in advance to allow for everyone affected to go buy new motors.

So again, I will support Chris in having club meetings at regular cadence to discuss club matters. I still think Sundays are better for people who have to drive further and the additional time would allow for us to fit in racing and meeting on the same day. I think fitting this in with our regular Thursday night racing schedule could be difficult.

Can we just pick a day and make this happen? First or Last Sunday of every month? 2nd Thursday? Just throwing out random days as I think the commitment to this moving forward is more important than the decided day we settle on. Bottom line, we just need to have a solid expectation of when these things are happening so interested parties have the opportunity to participate.

Originally Posted by al dente
hey guys, my fall schedule is just about over. i will not be there sunday, as my son has 2 lacrosse games (last of the season, thank god). I will be there thursday night, and plan on racing. We can talk about this stuff thursday. I also am planning on going to the track tonight, is anyone else gonna be there?
Old 10-13-2015, 01:12 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am impressed and encouraged by the civil discourse here lately! I went to find a funny image of "Civil Discourse" to post here, but it seems its so rare everywhere that images of such a rare beast is hard to find

I have nothing to add on the F1 (yet) or VTA topics as I don't run either class, but sympathize with the pain it is picking rules that cause members to change hardware. But it happens... I also agree with regular club meetings, this has been something that's been needed for years. It would be great to have club decision-making more inclusive where it makes sense.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't make it down on Thursday, but will most likely be there Sunday (hoping to get 1/12 going again!) .. I do think you need to give people a little more notice so they can attempt to make it down for a club meeting. The goal after all is to get the most attendance possible and that would most likely be on a Sunday, maybe an hour or so before racing starts 10am ~ 10:30am? .. Just throwing that our there.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

What classes y'all run and how much does it cost to race? Where are y'all located. Could I run my 1/12 4wd touring car in a class, or do I have to buy something else ?
Old 10-13-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drs92
What classes y'all run and how much does it cost to race? Where are y'all located. Could I run my 1/12 4wd touring car in a class, or do I have to buy something else ?
Our popular classes currently are; F1, TC 17.5, TC 13.5, WTG-R (WGT with rubber tires), and 17.5 12th I believe.

Are you looking at moving to CO or visiting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.