Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 07:53 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Last night was brutal... the grove is pretty evil right now from the constant spraying of the track last weekend by Max and Chris. Tacky and gummy in the grove, icy outside of the 1/12 line, fuzzy, ick. It wasn't helped by the fact Denver is a humid rain forest right now (60+ % humidity at the track last night). A good vacuuming would probably help clean up the issue a bit.

Also... I am just putting this out there... this entire tire debacle is a PITA. I was running IIC Jacos last night to avoid spending cash on semi glued, 1 night of running, new gravity rubber.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It did feel like we spread out the groove last night by the end, but it's definitely a hot mess. Creating a ton of traction in a 1/12 groove makes for the worst possible track conditions imaginable.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Apparent track issues aside...

I just want to say THANKS to everyone for helping out last night! Joey, Joe, Bob, Mario, and the others. Had a great time, felt good to be driving again after so long!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:24 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Out of the box, your Xray looked damn good. It handled the odd grip issues we had last night better than most other cars it seemed. Great to have you in the club!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

get those wgt, otherwise known as zambonies, on the track. i'm planning on giving my zambonie a bit of love when we open up horsham in the fall just to help build a sane groove.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by MikeyP
Apparent track issues aside...

I just want to say THANKS to everyone for helping out last night! Joey, Joe, Bob, Mario, and the others. Had a great time, felt good to be driving again after so long!
Great job last night, your car looked really good and 10 years of rust got knocked off pretty quick. If everybody could be that competitive in RC racing their first time out, this would be a much bigger hobby!

Originally Posted by hanulec
get those wgt, otherwise known as zambonies, on the track. i'm planning on giving my zambonie a bit of love when we open up horsham in the fall just to help build a sane groove.
Unfortunately the groove last night was so sticky the cars were doing weird things. It was like driving on fly paper. And it was a narrow groove (1/12) so the touring cars would cross in and out of it and go from ridiculously high grip to green carpet all in the same corner. And the tires would glaze/fuzz and become nearly impossible to drive. It's all stuff that will work itself out, new rug always has its quirks, but last night definitely was a struggle. Plus like Joe said, it's super warm and humid right now which is unusual for Denver.

I think stock 1/12 is the best way to pull the sticky out of the track, but I imagine those cars would become difficult to drive in under a minute.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The track conditions at the start of the day were hideous. TC's were doing odd things I've never really dealt with before. But by the end of the night the groove had definitely spread out a bit and conditions changed. My car was stuck to the track even with Gravity tires on. I actually had to start adding steering back in as the rear was extremely stuck.

So don't fret 5280 diehards it's getting better. Kyle, Adam, & I stuck around and ran a few packs and had the funniest time of the night. Adam was even pleased before leaving, of course he was running the new Jaco's which made his car feel amazing.

Kyle and I will be down early on Thursday and we'll vacuum to the track before most get there for practice.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys!

Does anyone know where I can buy battery strapping tape in town? Would Mhor or a Hobbytown have it?
Old 07-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
So don't fret 5280 diehards it's getting better. Kyle, Adam, & I stuck around and ran a few packs and had the funniest time of the night. Adam was even pleased before leaving, of course he was running the new Jaco's which made his car feel amazing.
The new Jacos (non-Snowbirds edition) were fantastic.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ahahahahahahaha suckers

(I told you we made a mod 12th groove)

Also, we didn't constantly spray, so don't try to pin it on us. We sprayed twice. Once on Friday mid-day, once on Saturday morning. Both times we sprayed maybe 10 squirts for the first five feet of the straight, that's it.

Everyone else could have come out and run and helped create a bigger groove, but nobody else was there (other than Tim and his kids on Saturday for a couple of hours.) As such, yeah, you are going to end up with a mod 12th groove when that is all that was being run.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks guys!

Does anyone know where I can buy battery strapping tape in town? Would Mhor or a Hobbytown have it?
Mike, not sure if Hobbytown carries much for on-road RC anymore. They would be your best bet in Denver thou. If you can't find any today let me know, i'll be stopping by the ePlex tonight to pick up some parts for Sid, i can buy you some battery tape and bring it down Thursday.

As others mentioned great job last night, you had Joey sweating. Looks like you'll be in the mix for the top very soon with some more practice. You should think about going to IIC this year or next year for sure. Snowbirds is another big race worth going to, it's held in Orlando FL the last week of Jan.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Lord

The Hudy battery tape is expensive, but it's the best. And it's narrow so it works everywhere.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I know the Hudy stuff is good, just wanted to try and get some before Thursday (without spending a killing on overnight shipping).

Brent, would you mind? I'll pay you Thursday night. I won't be able to make it to a Hobbytown tonight anyways and would have had to go tomorrow before practice.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Hmmm.... Definitely thinking about it
Attached Thumbnails 5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)-capture.png  
Old 07-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Hmmm.... Definitely thinking about it
IIC is fantastic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.