Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Im flaming........sorry......Why are there so many douchebags in our hobby????? >

Im flaming........sorry......Why are there so many douchebags in our hobby?????

Im flaming........sorry......Why are there so many douchebags in our hobby?????

Old 06-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Well, racing will do that.

The thing that's wrong with our hobby is that there's no room any more for the people who just want to go out an run their cars. Everything is race, race, race, and the people who do go out just to have fun are yelled at and called all sorts of names. When you get an attitude like that from someone why would you stay in the hobby?

have you ever raced onroad tc cars ? talk about a-holes i have gotten in a verbal fight but i knew you wasnt, gone to get in my face or anything though.

but i though about it and thats , not good for the sport if a kid sees that .

offroad is usally more relexing espially during a club race, however when theres a money race and usually, not that much money that you win i have seen two guys agrueing over who, crashed who at a truggy race that was a pro b- main race lol.

and these are grown men and im 25 and he just have to laugh at that and just say grow up . and there toy cars.

but i like offroad scene so much better , thats why i quit doing onroad.

so if somebody yells at you , the drivers stand or during turnmashalling dont pay attention to them.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Tech Champion

Actually they're called rail fans.

I guess if you see it every day it's gets a little old.

Train guys may be weird, but they're harmless. The problem with RC racing is there are too many a-holes! It only takes 1 a-hole to make 10 people leave the hobby for good.

I guess thats all a UK/USA thing, they're called train spotters here.

I just think it's a bit odd to be sitting around all day looking at train numbers in all weather conditions, but hey, each to their own

+1... There are a lot of a-holes in r/c, who think they know it all and deserve the win every time. I just stay away from those types and enjoy my own racing
Old 06-21-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
have you ever raced onroad tc cars ?
I only race on road. I've tried off road, it's just not for me. I will say that off road doesn't have nearly as many problems as on road.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
I guess thats all a UK/USA thing, they're called train spotters here.
As Winston Churchill once said, the British and the Americans, 2 great peoples separated by a common language.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

have you ever raced onroad tc cars ?
When I had a TC3 I raced it a couple of times. I had both good and bad experiences, with the bad turning me away.

I went to the race Saturday at Modesto R/C and it seemed like they were actually having fun and not being super competitive like in TC. Now I can't wait to get my new off road vehicle and start racing.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by CloneTrooperMat View Post
When I had a TC3 I raced it a couple of times. I had both good and bad experiences, with the bad turning me away.

I went to the race Saturday at Modesto R/C and it seemed like they were actually having fun and not being super competitive like in TC. Now I can't wait to get my new off road vehicle and start racing.

well i know when i raced on road it got to competitive in tc, this was about 3 years ago or so.
in the stock class and there was way too much cheating.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

well i know when i raced on road it got to competitive in tc, this was about 3 years ago or so.
in the stock class and there was way too much cheating.
I raced in the Rookie class and it was ridiculous.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Sad..I got accused of cheating in the stock class because I won 95% of the time I ran that class, my cars were always fast but I NEVER cheated, in fact guys that pointed the fingers at me I'd trade them motors and I would still beat them..that was one of the "things" that POed me, guys would point the fingers but never quite understood just how much time I put into my cars, motors and batterys..I have never wanted to win by cheating, I've seen guys put 19 wind arms into stock cans but they are easy to catch..on road is about prep. and your set up/tires..it's real easy to point the finger but you had better have real proof, I was (most of the time) faster down the straight than most but it was because I had more corner speed than most of the other guys. and I practiced 3 to 5 times a week for 6+ hours each time.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:12 PM
ekd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The only thing DBs hate more than being beaten by a credit card, is being beaten by actual skill and proper prep.

Keep a smile for 'em! It's easy...just remember that the mediocre are fundamentally incapable of comprehending anything higher. A pity, really... but, what else can you do?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Angry

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Sad..I got accused of cheating in the stock class because I won 95% of the time I ran that class, my cars were always fast but I NEVER cheated, in fact guys that pointed the fingers at me I'd trade them motors and I would still beat them..that was one of the "things" that POed me, guys would point the fingers but never quite understood just how much time I put into my cars, motors and batterys..I have never wanted to win by cheating, I've seen guys put 19 wind arms into stock cans but they are easy to catch..on road is about prep. and your set up/tires..it's real easy to point the finger but you had better have real proof, I was (most of the time) faster down the straight than most but it was because I had more corner speed than most of the other guys. and I practiced 3 to 5 times a week for 6+ hours each time.

well when i did race onroad in, the sportsman tc class i won quite a few races not sure if i was called a cheater or not lol.

when i moved up to the pro class, i wasnt bad but the sponser drivers dint help being at a club race .

now yes i know that setups help, a lot for onroad but i know theres little secrets in a stock class at least thats the way it used to be.

in offroad its kind of hard to cheat like that , inless your talking about a pro guy being allowed to race in a sportsman class at a club race
Old 06-22-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Champion

As Winston Churchill once said, the British and the Americans, 2 great peoples separated by a common language.

lol, true

Back to the topic, (well kind of!)

A good club survives not only because of the facility, but mostly because of the people that race there.

Club racing should have a partially relaxed atmosphere to it, racing is racing yes, but first you need to learn how to race

Imo, in the current economic climate, "bad" clubs will not survive long - It's very easy to race somewhere else if you don't like a particular club.