Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
I hate my neighbor!!! Vent thread!!! >

I hate my neighbor!!! Vent thread!!!

I hate my neighbor!!! Vent thread!!!

Old 04-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ekd View Post
Country?? Wait til you are subjected to mexican "ranch". It makes Polka sound complex and diverse... and has more accordion.

You will be begging for country.
ROFLAMFAO!!!!!!!

Dammit you hit it on the head!! I don't think they heard that Polka-based, Mariachi music!!! Try hearing a Guns and Roses version....
Old 04-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Maybe "your" music Sucks..at least to him....I mean if you were blasting country..I'd be pounding on your door to....
+2...................................... ......
Old 04-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Maybe the guy is a crack pot only wanting to cause you trouble, maybe he is over reacting, I dont know. However as a basic rule of thumb I feel you are free to do what you want in your house UNTIL it in fringes on others rights to do the same thing. IF indeed your music is keeping him from watching and enjoying his TV then he has a legitimate gripe.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

My neighbor complains about my sons guitar volume sometimes and his house is over 100ft away!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:25 PM
ekd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
ROFLAMFAO!!!!!!!

Dammit you hit it on the head!! I don't think they heard that Polka-based, Mariachi music!!! Try hearing a Guns and Roses version....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Q83I0Nyvc

You haven't lived until you have heard this stuff on cheap DJ gear, turned up until a full 1/3 of the waveform is clipped off...

Last edited by ekd; 04-10-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

If i were you, i would check if there were any laws he could sue/take legal action for and if not, then listen to Basshunter as loud as you want
Old 04-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If he can actually hear the music then rickroll him. He will give in before you
Old 04-11-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fas1 View Post
Making a false report is not cool..and you can get into a whole bunch of trouble in doing so, You guys are sure quick to "state" your rights and seem to forget that "the other guy" has rights also..I would think that you guys could come to some agreement on the volume..crank it up and go over to his house and see just how loud it is in his house..
Dude or should I say Mr. we are just havin' a little fun with this. It's not a "rights" thing, just having a laugh. Main thing is git off your high horse and have a laugh at this crazy play house we'er in.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Wow, man, I wonder if your neighbor made a thread about you somewhere. That first post sounds pretty darn rude. Blast your tunes, but be respectful. The guy is in another house. Maybe you could go over there and see if it's that loud, or if he's just being a douche nozzle.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Suspended

Um, I know I am new here and not wanting to ruffle any feathers but I saw this topic and couldn't help myself.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it odd that I should have to turn up my tv so as to override the neighbors stereo?

So just because you bought a superdupersoundsystem you think it's right for your neighbors to have to share in your listening enjoyment?
Did you think about investing some of that money and insulating your home better so as to not be rude to your neighbors?
Are you so deaf that you have to play it so loud that a neighbor can hear it next door?
Have you ever heard of this invention called headphones?
Or have you ever considered that your local noise ordinance was passed because people didn't have enough sense when to turn it down at night, and that your own actions could be the reason why they pass a new one making it illegal to play anything loud enough it can be heard outside your own house?

It seems that ever-increasingly I keep hearing of instances in which people feel as if their own actions or behavior, regardless of how it may affect others, are seemingly overlooked by them. Or more specifically act self-righteous about a behavior that is not only unsavory but un-neighborly and un-civil.
They think nothing of allowing their kids to run screaming through the store.
They insult store clerks demanding something totally odd, or special treatment, under the auspices that the customer is always right.
They knowingly cut someone off in traffic, and then have the nerve to fly the finger when someone honks.
They show up to work stinking to high heaven because they prefer not to bathe regularly or use deoderant.

When are we as a society going to start acting more human, more adult, more civil, and start thinking of others before taking on actions that might effect others around us?

Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
WHAT THE HECK!?

It's 12:30 in the afternoon and I'm trying to clean my house....

So to help get motivated I turn the stereo on and yeah... OK it's loud. But what the heck!? It's afternoon!?

My **** neighbor just came beating on my door complaining that he can't hear his TV!?

Ummm... I guess you should turn it up then dude!?

Every time I try to enjoy this Home Theatre system I spent a boatload of money (As in nicely loaded new car money) on this guy comes over complaining for some freaking reason or another!?

Should I turn it down or tell him to turn his TV up... It's not like he's trying to sleep or something!? He just can't hear his poor TV!? Is that seriously MY problem?

We have no sound ordinance untill 10PM... So he has no LEGAL recourse... But I'm just trying to find out if I'm in the wrong for wanting to enjoy a little loud music every once in awhile in my own **** house!?

Opinions!?
Old 04-11-2010, 01:05 PM
ekd
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DettaSCT View Post
Um, I know I am new here and not wanting to ruffle any feathers but I saw this topic and couldn't help myself.

When are we as a society going to start acting more human, more adult, more civil, and start thinking of others before taking on actions that might effect others around us?
You are in the chat room... the gloves are off, ruffle away! And, welcome aboard!

This society, 50 years ago, was much more civil. I was there, and have seen the decline first hand. Until it stops raising it's young to be the center of the universe, and stops injecting self esteem into people who deserve none (at least yet), the old "divide and conquer" strategy will continue to serve those intent on control.

I watched as civil rights were finally given to all Americans.. we were then a nation that could take deserved pride in our strength and potential.

Then, I watched as "Special Rights" were formed and given to people who didn't realize (or sometimes care) that accepting them would be the beginning of the end.

To answer your question... Not until the sheep realize they are sheep. And not until they can lift their heads from the grass, and see that being convinced that they are special (when there is no proof), is usually a sign that they are being prepped for the next phase of their self centered lives...

Mutton anyone?
Old 04-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ekd View Post
You are in the chat room... the gloves are off, ruffle away! And, welcome aboard!

This society, 50 years ago, was much more civil. I was there, and have seen the decline first hand. Until it stops raising it's young to be the center of the universe, and stops injecting self esteem into people who deserve none (at least yet), the old "divide and conquer" strategy will continue to serve those intent on control.

I watched as civil rights were finally given to all Americans.. we were then a nation that could take deserved pride in our strength and potential.

Then, I watched as "Special Rights" were formed and given to people who didn't realize (or sometimes care) that accepting them would be the beginning of the end.

To answer your question... Not until the sheep realize they are sheep. And not until they can lift their heads from the grass, and see that being convinced that they are special (when there is no proof), is usually a sign that they are being prepped for the next phase of their self centered lives...

Mutton anyone?

TY for the welcome.

To answer your question, it sounds more like anarchy.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:49 PM
ekd
Tech Elite

TY for the welcome.

To answer your question, it sounds more like anarchy.
Precisely. Every man for himself. Including the shepherds.

Republics deteriorate into Democracies, then into anarchy when the average voter decides that his vote is meant to be used only to further his own individual needs.

The only ways to interrupt this are revolution, or inserting dictatorship.

Sound familiar?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it odd that I should have to turn up my tv so as to override the neighbors stereo?

So just because you bought a superdupersoundsystem you think it's right for your neighbors to have to share in your listening enjoyment?
Did you think about investing some of that money and insulating your home better so as to not be rude to your neighbors?
Are you so deaf that you have to play it so loud that a neighbor can hear it next door?
Have you ever heard of this invention called headphones?
Or have you ever considered that your local noise ordinance was passed because people didn't have enough sense when to turn it down at night, and that your own actions could be the reason why they pass a new one making it illegal to play anything loud enough it can be heard outside your own house?

It seems that ever-increasingly I keep hearing of instances in which people feel as if their own actions or behavior, regardless of how it may affect others, are seemingly overlooked by them. Or more specifically act self-righteous about a behavior that is not only unsavory but un-neighborly and un-civil.
They think nothing of allowing their kids to run screaming through the store.
They insult store clerks demanding something totally odd, or special treatment, under the auspices that the customer is always right.
They knowingly cut someone off in traffic, and then have the nerve to fly the finger when someone honks.
They show up to work stinking to high heaven because they prefer not to bathe regularly or use deoderant.

Oh I love this....

I bet that this is coming from a person who has a Dodge Ram with a glasspack, or no cat for an exhaust, flying down the neighborhood, giving everyone severe hearing damage!!

Why... cause it sounds cool....

I understand where you getting at with this but if you asking for everyone to respect one another, then there is some things you too will have to sacrifice for the greater good.

And some people will never relinquish that particular freedom.

So the wheels on the bus goes round and round......
Old 04-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
Oh I love this....

I bet that this is coming from a person who has a Dodge Ram with a glasspack, or no cat for an exhaust, flying down the neighborhood, giving everyone severe hearing damage!!

Why... cause it sounds cool....

I understand where you getting at with this but if you asking for everyone to respect one another, then there is some things you too will have to sacrifice for the greater good.

And some people will never relinquish that particular freedom.

So the wheels on the bus goes round and round......
sorry you don't like the great sounds off motors. My friend had no cat on his F250 stacked! I can hear it a mile a way. Not joking. But all I can say don't like the sound don't listin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.