Old 12-29-2018, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just ate the worlds best ribeye!!!
Dave_S likes this.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:38 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

Someone brought up and posted about politics let the thread vanishing be the warning to all next persons brings up politics it will be a permanent banned no questions asked .
VoltageDrop likes this.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Oh, so ms pacman jokes are ok lol
st_dragn_wagen likes this.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I want to say something about this, but I'm not gonna.

In other news........................
55Guy likes this.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Someone brought up and posted about politics let the thread vanishing be the warning to all next persons brings up politics it will be a permanent banned no questions asked .
against by better judgment im calling you out on this. the closest thing to a political post that was made was by me (i think) where i bitched about cops harassing super car owners, and said something about i don't even remember... i think i was bitching about crooked red light camera's. which was about as political as submarines are to the space program.

unless it wasn't that post by me that i can't remember, in which case i withdraw my protest

here's something else to think about. sense no one seems to know where the line is drawn and the line seems to fluctuate (ie, sometimes cussing is tolerated, sometimes not. frankly the moding around here seems to depend on who sees it and what mood they happen to be in) anyway what im getting at is just delete the post and shoot the user a PM, tell'm they were over the line and how. then they know where the line is. if they cross it again, they're gone and the thread is un-effected
saying no political content of any kind is nothing but gray area. it's frustrating
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.

Last edited by st_dragn_wagen; 12-29-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

^Man may have a point....
Old 12-30-2018, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In Marcos' defense,

I was here when the political posts were allowed. And we used to make some really harsh posts. It got to the point where a seemingly innocuous post would turn into an all out flame war. This forum is to discuss radio controlled car racing, not to voice your far whatever direction opinions you have. The moderators decided a while ago to ban all political talk, so no one can be accused of bias. I support that decision since it gets out of hand too easily.

Any post, thread or forum can be deleted at any time, and no one needs to give a reason. That's life on this board.

I'd like to think my posts were on the good side of the line. Was I wrong Marcos?
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VoltageDrop View Post
Just ate the worlds best ribeye!!!
Dave_S and VoltageDrop like this.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
In Marcos' defense,

I was here when the political posts were allowed. And we used to make some really harsh posts. It got to the point where a seemingly innocuous post would turn into an all out flame war. This forum is to discuss radio controlled car racing, not to voice your far whatever direction opinions you have. The moderators decided a while ago to ban all political talk, so no one can be accused of bias. I support that decision since it gets out of hand too easily.

Any post, thread or forum can be deleted at any time, and no one needs to give a reason. That's life on this board.

I'd like to think my posts were on the good side of the line. Was I wrong Marcos?
political stuff dealing with party affiliations, who's elected or should be, immigration policies, trade, anything racial, things of that nature that are blatantly political. that's clearly in the black. im not questioning that. im questioning where the black fades to gray, and where the gray area ends. for example, police are government employee's (i mean hell our taxes pay there salaries) can we not talk about there job and what they do? if we can, how deep can we get into it? to take it one step further, where would the military fall? it's another government job. those jobs are just as, or more political as what the police are doing. both positions use guns. can we talk about guns? (it is after all a political hotbed) so if there's a cop or a serviceman on the forum can they discuss there job? and where does the known corrupt camera fall into that?(the damn thing was on the evening news for Christ sake) a camera on a pole knowingly screwing people, it's a corrupt form of law enforcement, but it is law enforcement. the BS ticket you get from that is the same as BS tickets those super car owners are getting from police officers. it's a fine for "breaking" the law.

the language side of it. i remember hearing about someone getting a temp ban for posting i think it was a UFC video with an F bomb in it. yet in the V3.0 thread i called cities "shitholes". even said it several times about several cities. that seemed to be ok. "WTF" seems to be the table, is that not a form of dropping the F bomb?
does context play into it? where is the line? seriously asking because iv thought about starting a music thread. post up what you're listening to, new albums you bought, new bands you've found, things like that. i never started the thread because if we got into posting videos (which i know we would) i didn't know if it would skate because of lyrical content (and some video content). iv never been on an RC forum that didn't allow a music thread, but i question it here because i don't know where the line is

iv opened a can of worms. now im really wondering about the gun thing. are guns on the spectrum? where are they? can we talk about gun ownership? sport shooting? hunting? pictures? pictures of the 10 point buck they got over the weekend ok? im in CA, what if i just happened to mention i was out of ammo, went to buy some, had to pass a background check and didn't because the address on my ID doesn't match the address of the last gun i registered, so now im screwed because i have to pay $20 to have another background check run and that may take 3 to 10 days? is that to political? is the entire thread of calm collected respectful discussion going to be deleted over it?

im not trying to be a jerk here. im seriously questioning this. the fact that iv been posting on this forum for about a year and still have no clean cut view of boundaries baffles the hell out of me. and when threads disappear entirely and you're afraid to start new content it's frustrating
Sir 51D3WAYS and slick2500 like this.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

These days I just try and error on the side of caution when posting. I don't mind the rules.

stinks to have some content disappear, but it is what it is.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree with st_dragn_wagen point that it's a gray line that isn't well defined
Old 12-30-2018, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Its almost new years eve!!
Old 12-30-2018, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just watched “Bourne Legacy”. Hadn’t seen it in awhile. Spent today running MiniZ practice on and off. Still trying to get a good bit of rubber on the smooth side on the RCP track. So far 5 cars have run, all are still running much slower average times.

I had been planning to try to run the New Year’s Day race at Windy City. We were supposed to get out of work about an hour early Saturday, if I could get there for practice, I’d race. But as usual didn’t happen. So no point in try to race Tuesday.

Now looking for movie to watch. Debating on either the recent Predators movie or Jurassic Kingdom.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

I couldn't make it all the way through the new predator movie.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service