Like Tree20Likes

Overgeared Racing 2017/18 Winter Season - Vancouver Indoor Onroad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V-point
Round TWO is now recorded in the history books, but you can relive all the excitement as you ponder the current points standings on RC Points Manager. Here's the link:
Dare I look? I must, I must!
For any racer, just hover your mouse over the blue points to see where the points were awarded, and where they were missed. Even at this early stage, you can get a glimpse of what's to come with this year's points system. It is tough to get ahead, and even tougher to stay there. In some cases there is more than half-a-dozen hungry drivers constantly nipping at the leader's heels. In fact, the biggest lead is in Big Block Scale Spec, where Justin Gilkison's lightning pace through eight grueling heats has given him an incredible lead -- of FIVE whole points!
Throughout almost every class, we see fast guys lower down in the standings due to brutally punishing DNFs, mostly during the qualifying heats. Worse yet is when an entire heat is missed. Is this system about preparedness? Speed? Luck? Consistency? Strategy? Or all of the above? Can drivers adapt? Will they? To find out, you need to be there for Round THREE this Saturday, Dec 16.
Cheers,

-Doug
Race 2 points for Formula 1 is not there.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eevul
Race 2 points for Formula 1 is not there.
Only three cars ran, as far as I know. "Minimum 4 Cars for the Class to run… "
Old 12-15-2017, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default Dec 16th -- Racing!

Just a reminder that tomorrow is Round Three in our points series. Not only that, but with the Holiday Season upon us and Victoria’s WCISCS race in early January, the next OGR race day is not for a whole 28 days. That’s like, longer than three months in 1/10th-scale time! (even longer if you race 1/12th-scale!!)

So with that in mind, bring out ALL your cars and really get your racing fix in! Doors open at 6:00. Don’t forget to claim your cash rebate if you’re there by 6:30 and help with setup.

Cheers!
Old 12-17-2017, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default Dec 16th Club race results

Final club race for this year. Thanks to all that had showed up and had fun racing with us. Attached are the results. Enjoy. We shall continue in the new year. Jan 13th 2018.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (57.8 KB, 47 views)
Round2.txt (60.1 KB, 61 views)
Round3.txt (60.0 KB, 54 views)
Round4.txt (46.3 KB, 82 views)
Old 12-20-2017, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Round THREE Points

Points from Round THREE have now been collected, counted, added, weighed, tabulated, enumerated, assayed, reconciled, certified, and finally, submitted, to RC Points Manager. All I can say is "Wow." There's been a couple big shakeups.

Starting in Novice, Chris J. was back to score big with a first place finish. For their first run in this year's point series, Tai and Lee presented quite well. Tai's car and driving are both improving and Lee installed some Orca power in between rounds, which propelled him to the TQ position. Gary and Billy might be feeling pretty good about their sizable lead right now, but I wonder if they have factored in the eventual Throw-Outs? Now there's something to think about....

1/12th Stock, with a field of five. Good racing all around, but of note was Mr. Dinter, who struggled to make it across the line to finish Q3 with a wounded car, but he did manage it and was rewarded with that all-important finishing point. That puts him just 2 points behind series leader Kyle Chura, and 3 points ahead of Shawn F.W. No pressure, right guys?

Now, I would like to take a few minutes of your time to describe exactly what went on in the Euro-Truck class. I would like to take the time, but I can't. Because with all the bumping and banging, rubbing and brake-checking, clockwise, counter-clockwise, forward/reverse, dot-jumping (or not) and drag-racing starts, I...have...NO IDEA... what went on. All I can tell you is that Stephen Y., usually seen wheeling nitro cars, brought in a brand new truck complete with a spiffy new paint-job, and he took first place in the A-main. At the end of it all, the series points computer says JT is out front by 7 points - a HUGE advantage. I reckon there's some out thar whatsa planning a little pruning party maybe, huh?

Touring Mod is running well. The points spread is pretty even over the regular runners. Logan, who missed Round ONE, needs to keep making podium finishes, and when the Throw-Out rounds come, the others will have their work cut out for them in order to challenge succesfully.

Which takes us to Touring Stock. Keith increases his lead with another perfect 13-point day. But the next 8 spots are all within 10 points, so there are no foregone conclusions that can be made. With fields of 17 to 20 cars so far, a DNF or missed round can drop you 8 or 9 positions, easily. Of course, with a good finish, you can leap-frog ahead that many positions as well. Too much fun!

Big News in Big Block (Scale Spec): A no-show by Justin G. has punted him rather unceremoniously from first place to seventh. The new king is Jason L., but there are 6 drivers within 4 points of him. One of those 6 is the aforementioned Justin, who will surely want his crown-designate position back, and soon. Another "wrench" in the mix was precipitated by Tiny. Not known as a regular in the Big Block series, I suspect he was perhaps shaking the dust off his scale-spec before the Victoria WCICS race. On the other hand, maybe he's planning to make a run for the class championship, late start be damned. His TQ run and first place finish shook up the running order, as did Ken Ho with his first points race this year in BBSS which netted him a 3rd place podium finish . And where did Dave Lima get all that speed from this week? His car was on fire and netted him a second place finish and 10 points to put him in 2nd spot. Like I said - "Wow".

Well, that's more or less the way I see things right now. Round FOUR won't take place for a few weeks, but when it does, it may well be EPIC, so make sure you mark Jan 13th on your calendar. See y'all then!

Oh yeah, here's the link to the points: Oh, man -- I gotta check this out for myself!
Cheers,
chrisman likes this.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What's a good class to start with for someone that is new to on road but not new to racing?
Old 12-21-2017, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by faqcya
What's a good class to start with for someone that is new to on road but not new to racing?
Scale Spec 21.5 is a good all arounder

We could start you in the Novice class until you feel comfortable to run in the SS class.

From there, you can run any of the touring classes with just a few changes.

Start off with a decent touring car and you're set.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Racing on Saturday!

Doors open Saturday, Jan 13 at 6:00am.

We're going to be a little short-crewed tomorrow, so please come as early as you can and help us with setup. Much appreciated.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default JAN 13TH CLUB RACE RESULTS

Hi everyone, it's good to see everyone again in the new year. Hope everyone had a great start of the new year. We see some new faces at the track checking out the scene. All spectators are always well come. Spread the words as we also have loaners to try out. Just need to let us know ahead of time.
Next race is Jan 27th. Now the results from yesterday.
Attached Files
Round1.txt (57.9 KB, 48 views)
Round2.txt (65.8 KB, 43 views)
Round3.txt (65.6 KB, 63 views)
Round4.txt (48.2 KB, 109 views)
Old 01-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Videos from Jan 13.

Sorry I forgot to start recording for the Novice and 1/12 heat.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5wiDeOykVCDEHZ
Old 01-23-2018, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Cool

Link to the OGR club racing schedule please

To lazy to look at all these Pages
Old 01-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bambikilr
Link to the OGR club racing schedule please

To lazy to look at all these Pages
literally on page 1 of this thread.

Overgeared Racing 2017/18 Winter Season - Vancouver Indoor Onroad

Old 01-24-2018, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Cole & I won't be there this weekend... should be there on the 3rd
Old 01-24-2018, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default Points Updated !

Hey Everyone --

Points from Round Four have now been added to RC Points Manager. Click on the Here! Click HERE. This link! link to see what's happening.

As for the Round Four points analysis, all's I can say is, it really hurts when you break your car in the warm up laps. I can now, but when I saw what it did to my points count, I was all like, , you know what I mean?

Question: Anybody else notice how Melvin has quietly worked his way up into the top 5 in Big Block Scale Spec and TC Stock ? Apparently, he's figured something out... for now... well done, Mr. Chan, well done indeed.

So, broken cars aside, let's move on, shall we? Next race is Round Five and it gets underway THIS WEEKEND! Saturday, to be exact. Bring out all dem cars and let's going racing!

Last edited by V-point; 01-24-2018 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Didn't like the colours
Old 01-27-2018, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Anybody know about BC CANADA, Im going there and need advice on things to do and area to stay! im at the beginning of trip planning. Might also bring my nitro and brushless on the trip!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.