Wiki Posts
Search

Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pcar951
Big thanks to Matt, Cal and Ken for putting on a stellar event! I'm proud that CARCAR is my home club, I really appreciate our exec for going above and beyond. Thanks also to all the sponsors that helped make it possible.

Had a blast with the casual atmosphere and great racing!
Exactly...Thanks to the guys for putting this event on...good times!
Old 10-26-2015, 06:16 AM
Dez
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Thank you for a well organized, fun race. It was scheduled well. Great atmosphere.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I made it down on Saturday to see a few races with the young dude. Looked like it was a ton of fun! Many happy faces. Great job to the exec and organizers
Old 10-26-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Thanks to all at CARCAR, for putting on a great event. It was a fantastic weekend. Great people, great racing and great fun (even though I need more speed and less suck...).
Old 10-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default ATS

Such a good weekend of racing. Thanks for the hard work to put the event on.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ATS Race Report!

Wow! What a weekend! (gonna post in 2 parts so I can include the pictures!)

So many people to thank:

1. First I would like to thank Nascar President Patrick and Carcar President Matt for continuing this small provincial race series between the two largest RC clubs in Alberta. The focus of this series would be to have fun, keep rules to a minimum, save budget conscious racers some money with less travel and create a friendly provincial rivalry.

2. Our sponsors:
- Great Hobbies
- Team Associated/Reedy
- Gravity RC
- G-Force
- Boca Bearings
- Tuning Haus
- PM Hobbycraft
- Team Trinity
- Viper RC
- ARC
- Xpert RC
- Anwalt International

Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-8x4-banner-ats.jpg

3. Carcar Exec team: Matt, Cal and Ken. Without their behind-the-scenes help there would be no race in Calgary.

4. All the Carcar club members who stepped up to Race Announce and handle all the little things that needed to be done.

5. Joe D. for helping us tremendously getting traction compound, 12th scale / USGT tires and also bringing a lot of the door prizes down for us.

6. Jim Chapman for the awesome track layout. Personally one of the most fun track I’ve ever raced on.

7. The racers. I think we had a super turnout with an all Alberta crowd. We even had Steve from Grande Prairie coming down to race with us!

We had 124 entries across six classes:

- 11 Reedy TC modified
- 44 G-Force TC stock
- 22 Boca Bearing 12th Scale
- 20 Great Hobbies Tamiya Mini
- 10 Tuning Haus F1
- 17 Alberta Spec Class

Heats were full and the competition was intense. Many people took advantage of the open tire rule and ran the Sorex 28's, but some didn't (6 year old Jaco Blues are still A Main competitive!!!). Some people used their old D3.5s or brand new D4 short stack motors, but many didn't. It felt like a third of the TC Stock field were running an Awesomatix where 4 of them made the 8 car A Main. We provided a scale everyone could check their own weight but we didn't do any tech and no one called anyone out and most importantly everyone still had fun!

Prizes were also even more awesome this year. Many comments on the great choices of door prizes available and the draw for a free body in every class for the participants in each class was really cool. I think 4 of the winners of each body actually won that class! Weird. Just remember in the finals in Edmonton in April 2016, if you participated in one class at both races, you’re in the draw for a brand new chassis for that class! It’s nice to win a little trophy for TQ, 1st, 2nd or 3rd but you just need to come out, have fun and have a chance to win a chassis!

Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-glass-trophies.jpg

This year we didn't have any special awards but in the spirit the Most Improved Driver Award, I would have to single out both 10 year old Cole from Edmonton and 11 year old Carter from Calgary. Cole has come a long way and won an awesome Mini C Main with the crowd cheering him on. You can see it in his driving concentrating on his lines and trying at the same time to do his best getting out of the way of faster drivers. Carter also has improved tremendously winning the TC stock B Main from start to finish fending of at least 5 different drivers on his back bumper at various times throughout the race. Great race to watch as evident by the applause at the end of the race. I think both of these racers are this hobby's future ambassadors in Edmonton and Calgary.

A MAIN RACE REPORTS:
(Planning to submit this to our sponsors)

Round 1 of the Alberta Touring Series was held in Calgary, Alberta on October 24-25, 2015. The CARCAR club hosted a great event with 124 entries across 6 classes.

In the Reedy TC Modified Class it was an exciting battle between TQ Wayne Mah (Awesomatix) and Pete Toszer (Associated). Wayne ran into early trouble in the opening laps but recovered to have a back and forth battle with Pete the later part of the race. It would come down to the last lap with Wayne edging Pete to the line by a few car lengths. Matt Wilfort (Associated) would have a battle of his own to hold of his challenger to come in 3rd.

Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-ats-2015-tc-mod.jpeg
Old 10-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default ATS Race Report (Part 2)

In the G-Force RC Stock Class with 44 entries, Wayne Mah (Awesomatix) took his TQ into the main and lead from start to finish with Ryan Berry (Awesomatix) in 2nd and Jim Chapman (XRay) in 3rd.

Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-ats-2015-tc-stock.jpeg

In the Boca Bearing 12th Scale Stock 13.5 Class, TQ Peter Toszer (Associated) dominated with a lead from start to finish for the win. A very tight battle for 2nd among 4 cars saw Ivan Chan hold off Jim Chapman by a few car lengths to round out the top 3.

Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-ats-2015-12th-scale-stock.jpeg

In the Great Hobbies Tamiya Mini Class, TQ Walter "Mini King" Slany recovered from early trouble and drove his way thru traffic effortlessly to take the win. Matt Wilfort and Ivan Chan rounded out the top 3.

Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-ats-2015-tamiya-mini.jpeg

In the Tuning Haus F1 Class, TQ Ivan Chan had a sizeable lead after the first corner and with steady driving would take the win. Cal Freeman pushed hard but settled for second and Walter Slany held off a hard charging challenger for 3rd.

Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-ats-2015-f1.jpeg

In the Gravity RC 21.5 Alberta Spec Class, TQ Cal Freeman (top privateer driving an Awesomatix) would have his hands full with a strong field. It would come down to one mistake and a body tuck that would allow Erwin Leong to pass and hold on for the win. Cal Freeman would come in 2nd with Shane Eaton taking 3rd.

Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-ats-2015-alberta-spec-scale.jpeg

Until April 2016 at the Edmonton leg of the ATS……. See you all at the track!

Ivan
Old 10-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

When someone has a moment, can they post the pdf race results?
Old 10-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Here are the summary of the results. The individual race results should be coming soon.

Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-ats-1.jpg
Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-ats-2.jpg
Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-ats-3.jpg
Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-ats-4.jpg
Alberta Touring Series Round 1 Calgary Carcar October 23-25 2015-ats-5.jpg

Ivan
Old 10-28-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Race Report on RED RC.
http://www.redrc.net/2015/10/alberta...0Car%20News%29
Old 10-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Less Edited version of the race report on RcNews.
http://www.rcnews.net/2015/10/29/alb...orseshoe-club/
Old 10-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I believe the correct name of the Calgary club is Calgary Alberta Radio Control Auto Racers.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Sorry to all of the CARCAR guys if I got the name wrong, I just took it from Google..

Old 03-26-2016, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

BUMP !!!!