Wiki Posts
Search

RC Drift Nationals 2005

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RC Drift Nationals 2005

On August 24th 2005, www.boytoys.ca hosted the first even open competition in R/C drifting. It was also now been named as RC Drift Nationals 2005 where Adam Scott from Oakville had won after a series of passes based on point merits, speed, finesse and control of his electric drifting Tamiya TL01. There were 25 racers in total and we hope that this particular type or R/C competition can grow. We want to see more R/C drifters next year..

More details of this race is available at http://www.rcdriftnation.com . This website is also dedicated to a new R/C trend learning from the real tuner car scene - replicated in radio control model car racing.

For the past weeks after this RC Drift Nationals, a weekly drift meet is held on Sunday at BOYTOYS car parking lot and many R/C racers, bashers, now participated in their own drift ladder and grudge matches.

This RC Drift Competition now set stone for many other events to follow, however this event will become keep as the national race in RC Drifting - hence RC Drift Nationals.

On behalf of RC Drift Nationals and all racers, we would like to thank you sponsors like borgfeldt canada, booster juice and little scientist for their prizes.

----
Moderators - this piece of news is not to advertise but to announce for the record that such an event happened and we have crowned Adam Scott as national champion. we are hoping this new R/C drift scene will grow bigger. RCDriftNation.com is a drifter-managed website.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by boytoys
On August 24th 2005, www.boytoys.ca hosted the first even open competition in R/C drifting. It was also now been named as RC Drift Nationals 2005 where Adam Scott from Oakville had won...

First off, Adam great racing.

Second. Do I read this as you held the race the called it the nationals?

Third. Not that any one is drifting out here, but how do you call it a national event when there is no national organization.

Don Johnston

Calagary ( So I can't spell Calgary )

Last edited by smirk; 09-26-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

National is a funny word in R/C... I have attended many "Western Canadian Nationals" which is completely not possible... but the name was there. I guess you can call any event a national when anyone is allowed to attend...

I do like drifting in real cars, and R/C is alot of fun too... keep it up!