Kelowna Dirt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Double ds on the back impacts on the front
Old 12-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi All, new to the site and relatively new to off-road RC. Last Xmas I got a HPI Blitz that I have been bashing around on stock during the summer. This winter I decided to upgrade it a bit and have gotten a Castle 3800kv SCT combo to throw in it and hopefully getting the HPI steering assembly upgrade and a Savox 1258TG later this month.

I would very much like to get some more information on the off-road club in Kelowna, but there doesn't seem to be any webpage or facebook for it.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 7DeadlySins
Hi All, new to the site and relatively new to off-road RC. Last Xmas I got a HPI Blitz that I have been bashing around on stock during the summer. This winter I decided to upgrade it a bit and have gotten a Castle 3800kv SCT combo to throw in it and hopefully getting the HPI steering assembly upgrade and a Savox 1258TG later this month.

I would very much like to get some more information on the off-road club in Kelowna, but there doesn't seem to be any webpage or facebook for it.
Hi, for now this is the best place to get info for racing offraod in Kelowna. I started a Facebook page but there was a small conflict when the onraod guys named their club the same as my offraod deal, which was not a big deal at all, i just abandoned the Facebook page and had never gotten around to building a new one for my new name. This would be the best place for information on the upcoming season. You could also check out the local hobby stores, ABC hobby and Okanagan hobby and crafts, they will also have info as the season gets closer. Stay tuned as its gonna be a huge year with our first off road trophy race in a few years!! We will also have a schedule up by march sometime. For any information on onroad carpet racing check out the KRC Racing page in the same section here!! As for you Blitz we usually have a few guys running 2wd SC but i will be honest it is a class i will trying to phase out this year. But we always find a place weather the 2wd sc guys run with the 2ws stadiums like we did last year. It just doesn't make sense to run a class with 2 or 3 trucks in it that adds 45+minutes to the day. But I will always find a place for whoever comes out! Hope to see out there and stay tuned for more details!!!
Old 01-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Merse
Hi, for now this is the best place to get info for racing offraod in Kelowna. I started a Facebook page but there was a small conflict when the onraod guys named their club the same as my offraod deal, which was not a big deal at all, i just abandoned the Facebook page and had never gotten around to building a new one for my new name. This would be the best place for information on the upcoming season. You could also check out the local hobby stores, ABC hobby and Okanagan hobby and crafts, they will also have info as the season gets closer. Stay tuned as its gonna be a huge year with our first off road trophy race in a few years!! We will also have a schedule up by march sometime. For any information on onroad carpet racing check out the KRC Racing page in the same section here!! As for you Blitz we usually have a few guys running 2wd SC but i will be honest it is a class i will trying to phase out this year. But we always find a place weather the 2wd sc guys run with the 2ws stadiums like we did last year. It just doesn't make sense to run a class with 2 or 3 trucks in it that adds 45+minutes to the day. But I will always find a place for whoever comes out! Hope to see out there and stay tuned for more details!!!
Phasing out is the wrong term to use im sure like he said he will try and fit whatever u bring
Old 01-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Tech Rookie

I understand, if there are not many people using that style of vehicle then its tough to organize.

Out of curiosity, what are the classes that will be running? Also, is the course only available for use on race days?
Old 01-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

We run 2wd buggy 4wd buggy 2wd stadium truck 2wd sc 4wd sc and 1/8 EBuggy. We usualy have 2 heats of 2wd buggy and 2 heats of 4wd sc and novice. Yes the track will be available on other days for practice, which is why instead of a membership ship fee there will be a manditory $5 track access fee for all racers, which will give u access to the track during the week and also for insurance reasons.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

I have been trying to drum up interest in a large scale gas racing club in the Okanagan, you know Zenoah powered stuff.

Is it possible you are already running such a series?

If not do you know of anybody else doing such a thing?

I would appreciate any info you could provide, thanks in advance...........
Old 01-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Where our electric track is we cannot run gas anymore, but if you could find a place for it, I'm sure there would be interest
Old 02-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Decision decision

Hey guys I'm doing a little survey. I'm not sure if I should get a 4wd buggy or an 1/8th scale what do we think is gonna be more popular.

I need to get back into a class with Merse to keep him on his game, gonna be one of those two.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gman313
Hey guys I'm doing a little survey. I'm not sure if I should get a 4wd buggy or an 1/8th scale what do we think is gonna be more popular.

I need to get back into a class with Merse to keep him on his game, gonna be one of those two.
Well imo I think you should get both! hahahaha But really they are such awesome classes its really tough to pick one over the other. but if you got the money to spend then get a 1/8th buggy they take a beating and don't break as often as the 4wd buggy. But on the other hand 4wd buggys are so fast and fun to drive so your call in the end.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will second souk, get both. Lol. But if you can only get one then I think it should be an 1/8th scale. You already have your 4x4, truck and 2wd buggy to run so you need something to rip on the other track.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Ditch the 4x4 sc, for sure and get both 4x4 buggies. Just my opinion....
Old 02-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

I guess I'm getting both, don't tell the wife lol
Old 02-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

I guess I'm getting both, don't tell the wife lol
I never tell mine
Old 02-09-2015, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What if she reads rctech

Lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.