Like Tree24Likes

KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmikeyk
I think we should start a Facebook page strictly for offroad guys. Create and Post a pre season maintenance schedule. Plenty of work to do out there. I know of 4 people who will be joining the club this year with rigs built waiting for the track to dry.. They will help too. We just need some organization... The reason I say make a new Facebook page is because the existing one is mostly on road. We need one that is just offroad. I can make one if people agree with this..?
Hey man. Brief history on the KRC facebook page. It was created years ago by Aaron G to promote rc racing in the kelowna area. At the time he made it there wasn't even onroad racing in kelowna. A few years ago when KRC became an actual club that page became the clubs page. KRC it's self only has a couple members that only race on road, most do both. If that facebook page seems like a Onroad only page it's because that is the current season running.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BPRacing
Hey man. Brief history on the KRC facebook page. It was created years ago by Aaron G to promote rc racing in the kelowna area. At the time he made it there wasn't even onroad racing in kelowna. A few years ago when KRC became an actual club that page became the clubs page. KRC it's self only has a couple members that only race on road, most do both. If that facebook page seems like a Onroad only page it's because that is the current season running.
Then howcome nobody has takin the initiative to find out who's interested in racing this year, and start getting some people together to get maintenance done.. Gonna wait till its race season and then be in a panic to work on drivers stand and get track ready?
Old 02-24-2016, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

I think we should start a Facebook page strictly for offroad guys. Create and Post a pre season maintenance schedule. Plenty of work to do out there. I know of 4 people who will be joining the club this year with rigs built waiting for the track to dry.. They will help too. We just need some organization... The reason I say make a new Facebook page is because the existing one is mostly on road. We need one that is just offroad. I can make one if people agree with this..?

That is great newso of more members!! Darren is working on the maintenance schedule, he is our head of maintenance. There will be a meeting about off road in the first week or two of march, just getting a few things worked out. Anyone that wants to be on this next email before the meeting please contact me at my email account aria_erick@Hotmail. Com
Old 02-24-2016, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Creating a separate facebook page for offroad is a terrible idea. Many key members have been working very hard to bring together the two sides to RC in Kelowna and they have been doing an excellent job. Why work against this now? Offroad and onroad both share equipment, a bank account, goals and executives - therefor it only makes sense to keep things all together.

Then howcome nobody has takin the initiative to find out who's interested in racing this year, and start getting some people together to get maintenance done.. Gonna wait till its race season and then be in a panic to work on drivers stand and get track ready?
Dude, no offense, but you have a total of 5 posts and no one seems to know who you are. You have no idea what has taken place behind the scenes the last few years and no idea about just how much work Earl, Steve, Greg, Aaron, Darren, Greg and others have put in over the last few seasons to reorganize and restructure the club and keep both offroad and onroad running.

They have asked a few times for people to step up and commit to doing some maintenance, organizing, fund raising, etc and it took awhile but that is starting to happen now.

If you want to see the season happen then give the guys your contact info and show up to help when it's needed. If you want to see changes happen within the club, then buy a membership, attend the meetings and put forward your ideas and participate in votes on other ideas.

Saying "then howcome nobody has takin the initiative" is simply insulting to everyone that has already put in 100x more time and effort than you.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Luke,

I love this hobby. Family commitment has not allowed me to race but I would love our group to continue on together and have a great season. I can't be the guy in charge but bet your a$$ I'll be helping with maintenance.

I also consider everyone in the club past or present a friend and I look forward to bumping rubber in the OK heat!

Let's stay together and have some fun
Old 02-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by lpittman
Creating a separate facebook page for offroad is a terrible idea. Many key members have been working very hard to bring together the two sides to RC in Kelowna and they have been doing an excellent job. Why work against this now? Offroad and onroad both share equipment, a bank account, goals and executives - therefor it only makes sense to keep things all together.

Dude, no offense, but you have a total of 5 posts and no one seems to know who you are. You have no idea what has taken place behind the scenes the last few years and no idea about just how much work Earl, Steve, Greg, Aaron, Darren, Greg and others have put in over the last few seasons to reorganize and restructure the club and keep both offroad and onroad running.

They have asked a few times for people to step up and commit to doing some maintenance, organizing, fund raising, etc and it took awhile but that is starting to happen now.

If you want to see the season happen then give the guys your contact info and show up to help when it's needed. If you want to see changes happen within the club, then buy a membership, attend the meetings and put forward your ideas and participate in votes on other ideas.

Saying "then howcome nobody has takin the initiative" is simply insulting to everyone that has already put in 100x more time and effort than you.
Don't get me wrong I wasn't trying to piss everyone off. I've asked a few questions on the Facebook page and never had any response.. That's why I suggested an offroad page. There's a few guys including myself with cash for memberships and more then ready to get out and help with the track.. There just hasn't been any guidance.. I went to take a look at the track on Monday and saw the bulletin about Rctech.. So came here to see what's up.. However appearantly I went about it the wrong way and pissed everyone off lol! My bad!
Old 02-24-2016, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

That's the fun part of posting on the Internet I guess. I usually Read what I type 2 or 3 times before I post it and still come off as an asshole so don't beat yourself up. Guys are starting to step up which is good to see. It may seem so simple but all the club needs is a few more members and for anyone who wants to race to come out and put in work. Also keep in mind that any guy you see running the computer, grabbing a shovel or anything for that matter is doing it to help the club. No one benifiets personally from anything they do in fact usually they lose out on playing with their Rc's as they are trying to make something for everyone else. These guys all work full time jobs, have wife's, girlfriends, kids, other hobbies. sadly the guys that are doing everything are already maxed out and have asked for help numerous times.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default no hame done

Don't get me wrong I wasn't trying to piss everyone off. I've asked a few questions on the Facebook page and never had any response.. That's why I suggested an offroad page. There's a few guys including myself with cash for memberships and more then ready to get out and help with the track.. There just hasn't been any guidance.. I went to take a look at the track on Monday and saw the bulletin about Rctech.. So came here to see what's up.. However appearantly I went about it the wrong way and pissed everyone off lol! My bad!
now that that is cleared up.

Bigmikeyk - the Kelowna group is a great bunch of guys, good mix of experience, talent and attitude. you are getting in with a great group.

As stated, with the onraod season being in full swing, you won't see a lot of interest until around now for offroad. Usually there is a break for a few weeks to do all the pre-season prep between indoor and outdoor.

Again, welcome.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

There has been some great dialog here in the past week or so!

It really shows that there is momentum building as we approach spring. This is a good thing, some people have been motivated to step it up a bit and volunteer for some positions, thanks guys, and concerns have been expressed. Everything that has been said can only be taken as a good thing, it is with input, good or bad, that we as a club can grow.

With this being said, stay tuned, as Aaron has said, we will be having another meeting to get everything worked out with the up coming off road season. This meeting will determine how we will be going forward, so please make the time to show up and contribute to the growth of the club! Memberships will be for sale at the meeting, so be prepared to become a member. Funding from memberships goes a long ways towards the start up costs of each season, and to help with repairs and improvements to the facilities and equipment.

Although I will not be racing this off road season, I am truly excited to see KRC Racing put on another successful race program, including the second annual Electric Buggy Shoot Out . I might even be persuaded to help out/RD that.........
Old 02-24-2016, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
There has been some great dialog here in the past week or so!

It really shows that there is momentum building as we approach spring. This is a good thing, some people have been motivated to step it up a bit and volunteer for some positions, thanks guys, and concerns have been expressed. Everything that has been said can only be taken as a good thing, it is with input, good or bad, that we as a club can grow.

With this being said, stay tuned, as Aaron has said, we will be having another meeting to get everything worked out with the up coming off road season. This meeting will determine how we will be going forward, so please make the time to show up and contribute to the growth of the club! Memberships will be for sale at the meeting, so be prepared to become a member. Funding from memberships goes a long ways towards the start up costs of each season, and to help with repairs and improvements to the facilities and equipment.

Although I will not be racing this off road season, I am truly excited to see KRC Racing put on another successful race program, including the second annual Electric Buggy Shoot Out . I might even be persuaded to help out/RD that.........

Hey brother! Come run an 1/8 race I miss racing with you. Just one so I can beat you one last time

Old 02-25-2016, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lpittman

Now now everyone. Try to get along. Jeez. This RC hobby/sport thing already drums up enough drama. Everyone always gets so worked up about these little toy cars. Myself included sometimes.

I am willing to donate some coin if need be.and also would donate labour and essential carpentry tools to help re-build the drivers stand

Look in your archives and find out who did the last major re-build and re-location of staircase and repairs to railings. this repair was meagerly budgeted (all materials and labour was donated )

I would like to see the season go in Kelowna . This is where my RC roots started, And I would hate to see it not go

Count me in for at least 2-3 races and keep me posted on a drivers stand build day
Old 02-25-2016, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by BPRacing
That's the fun part of posting on the Internet I guess. I usually Read what I type 2 or 3 times before I post it and still come off as an asshole so don't beat yourself up. Guys are starting to step up which is good to see. It may seem so simple but all the club needs is a few more members and for anyone who wants to race to come out and put in work. Also keep in mind that any guy you see running the computer, grabbing a shovel or anything for that matter is doing it to help the club. No one benifiets personally from anything they do in fact usually they lose out on playing with their Rc's as they are trying to make something for everyone else. These guys all work full time jobs, have wife's, girlfriends, kids, other hobbies. sadly the guys that are doing everything are already maxed out and have asked for help numerous times.

Haha. You called yourself an A hole.

I can agree with that. Lmao.

Oh and for Big Mike. Hey as that other guy stated. You only have a few posts on here . Welcome to the world of RC Forums. It's a dog eat dog world in here. Don't let them get to you. And don't post anything stupid when your drunk. No takesies backsies.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Default Gooosefraaabaah Folks!

Jesus you guys.

Luke 5 posts or 3000 posts, you have a new guy looking for information of when and where to race. The biggest single problem the "club" has is lack of members is it really that smart to blast the guy like that?

Big Mike - I am sorry. ROCK Racing, Sun City Racing and rc guys from the past have never been like that and never will. If you want to race please come out and have fun. There are some of us ol dogs still out there focused on keeping things about the racing and fun rather club politics. I hope to see you out there.

Grain of Salt - Everyone needs to CHILL the F out! This is supposed to be fun folks. There is too much focus on what has been said, and the accuracy of the information. There are too many attacks and offenses being taken. If I can still find time to come out and play after all the personal attacks my way I am sure everyone else can find a way to chill out and find the fun again.

We need to focus on how to get new members involved to help ease the burden on the few. I personally know about 6 potential racers past, present and future that want to play, but find there is too much BS going on they don't want to try.

Between hobby stores, box stores and the like there are tons of rc cars out there in Kelowna. Last I measured it would be in the 1000s. We only need 1% of those to come out play to make a difference.

If I could be assured my input would be welcomed I would take a more substantial role in helping to organize, call races, track maintenance and recruit new members like i have done in the past. However as long as this swill of negative attitudes, (that seems to be spreading like a cancer) continues I can't afford to put my time into it.

Rule #1 of the old ROCK Racing Agreement was to have fun and promote fun in others. When rule 1 isn't followed the rest just doesn't really matter.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan Boundy
Jesus you guys.

Luke 5 posts or 3000 posts, you have a new guy looking for information of when and where to race. The biggest single problem the "club" has is lack of members is it really that smart to blast the guy like that?

Big Mike - I am sorry. ROCK Racing, Sun City Racing and rc guys from the past have never been like that and never will. If you want to race please come out and have fun. There are some of us ol dogs still out there focused on keeping things about the racing and fun rather club politics. I hope to see you out there.

Grain of Salt - Everyone needs to CHILL the F out! This is supposed to be fun folks. There is too much focus on what has been said, and the accuracy of the information. There are too many attacks and offenses being taken. If I can still find time to come out and play after all the personal attacks my way I am sure everyone else can find a way to chill out and find the fun again.

We need to focus on how to get new members involved to help ease the burden on the few. I personally know about 6 potential racers past, present and future that want to play, but find there is too much BS going on they don't want to try.

Between hobby stores, box stores and the like there are tons of rc cars out there in Kelowna. Last I measured it would be in the 1000s. We only need 1% of those to come out play to make a difference.

If I could be assured my input would be welcomed I would take a more substantial role in helping to organize, call races, track maintenance and recruit new members like i have done in the past. However as long as this swill of negative attitudes, (that seems to be spreading like a cancer) continues I can't afford to put my time into it.

Rule #1 of the old ROCK Racing Agreement was to have fun and promote fun in others. When rule 1 isn't followed the rest just doesn't really matter.
Well said Dan. I couldn't agree with you more on most of what you have posted here. Time for everyone to get over the past and work together. However the worst thing people can do is come on here and post something then in real life not follow what they post. Things are actually looking like they could fall into place and a season is looking promising.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

KRC is racing tomorrow!! Green Bay rec. center, 1449 Green Bay Rd. Doors open at 8am, please be there early to help with track set up, see you all tomorrow!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.