Search

2014 Ready to Run Raceway (RRR) Summer Challenge Aug 9-10 Race & Enduro

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Yes, the Spec-R held out real well after the first initial problems (the lower knuckle screw seemed to be too short and the hole was stripped which didn't help). Finishing second from dead last was awesome. Great job on the setup Tad.

As for Nitro, well learning to tune an engine sucks. Nevermind the clutch and the rest of the car setup. Thanks John for your support and helping us getting that engine to run for the short time. Unfortunately, that engine won't run anymore so I'll be shopping for another motor for next year.

Props to my teammates (Last Minute Racers) for keeping it fun. It was a blast.

Also, great job to RRR for the great weekend of memories. We shall return next year for electric. Nitro at this point will be questionable .
Old 08-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks to the RRR Club for putting on the Summer Challenge and Enduro, 100% fun, friendly and relaxed.

Never have I had SO MUCH track time in two days.

Thanks to everybody that participated both days and thanks to Eddie and Stephen for the invite to Vancouver.

Tell a friend about this race for next year! This past weekend was definitely a blast!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Huge thanks to John, Kelly, Mario, Eddie, and the rest of the RRR crew for hosting a fantastic event. I really liked the two-events-in-one format. The Enduro was epic! Props to all those that donated cars/motors/engines to the cause!

Big thanks to Go Go Hobbies for their sponsorship of the event and thanks to KJ for calling a LOT of races all weekend!

See ya next year,
Blake
Old 08-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That was amazing! My mini worked great and my $90 Sakura went 3 hours non-stop.

Let's do this again next week
Old 08-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Loved reading all the write ups on the race . I was a little worried if the enduro would get off the ground and it ended up being super cool and a ton of fun .
What a blessing being a part of this hobby and being with my great friends . I wanted to thank everyone for the donations towards the walk for Muscular dystrophy .
Some you guys really bucked up and I can't thank you enough .

I had mentioned the walk to John and the guys and if they wanted to join me and they were so nice and turned the race into a little bit of a fundraiser . To everyone out there you guys are best . Enjoy this great hobby .
Old 08-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

For those wanting to join us in the walk or donate, Here's our team: http://muscle.akaraisin.com/pledge/T...d=10&tid=78948

Still waiting for Eddie and the other guys to sign up LOL, I can't be a one man team.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have registared for the walk ...don't forget they feed you after the walk
Old 08-21-2014, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Race Report

Well, here goes. Please excuse the lack of WGT, Mini, and SS, the racing was fun and hilarious, but I did not record video, and barely remembered the following:

Saturday held 70 entries in 3 rounds of qualifying and single mains.
Sunday held 20 drivers in a 3 hour Touring Stock race, and 3 hour Nitro Touring race.

Qualifying:

Touring Stock – Strong early TQ, JJ Chen had a technical problem in round 3, allowing Ken Chan and Nospoom S. to out-qualify him.

Touring Mod – Keith Yu also set early TQ pace in Round 1, but would have difficulties preventing him from finishing in remaining rounds.

Touring Nitro – Fierce competition would mean TQ reset in each round, with KJ Jones taking the final TQ, as Blake Bell would flame out before the end of the 5 minute heat.

Mains:

Touring Stock - A train of cars in the first lap with quick passing by JJ and Nospoom before the end of the first lap would seal the finishing positions. Nospoom would challenge JJ through most of the infield, but never having a chance to pass for the win. Alex Pate would have a lucky break, as Ken Chan gets caught up in lap traffic.

Touring Modified - Blake spins on lap 3, allowing Keith to pass for the lead and run until the end. Having caused a small pileup, Blake would regain 2nd position within a few laps but still too far back to challenge for the lead. Owen held back 4th spot to secure this podium finish.

Touring Nitro – KJ Jones dominates. Tone to Tone, he led every single 122 laps. Known for his fast pitstops, Stephen Yoshida would be top mechanic for this race, never letting KJ slip from the top of the leaderboard. Blake Bell caught up in the final minutes of the race, only to finish 2.4 seconds behind KJ. Ken Chan would hold out third.

Enduro Race:
The 6 teams participating in this event would be named:
-Team Serpent RRR
-Team Rednecks
-Team Super Boom
-Sidney Geriatrics
-Team Short Bus
-Last Minute Racers

Touring Stock Enduro:

Most teams got away with 2 sets of tires for the Touring Stock Enduro. The Last Minute Racers finished soldering in a new motor with 30 seconds until race time. During the race they would break twice, resulting in hard work and fast laps to make it back to 2nd position. Team Serpent RRR had relatively no issues, running 3rd at the beginning and chipping away at the leaders to eventually overtake 1st. Team Rednecks would have an early pitstop at the beginning of the race to fix a broken C –hub. Luckily for them, every team had an issue that would allow Team Rednecks to keep their position.

Touring Nitro Enduro:

Predicted to produce many more laps than Touring Stock, Touring Nitro would have a gratuitous amount of pitstops, with at least two tire changes to make the 3 hour event. Team Serpent RRR would be in the pits at lap 3, with a broken rear arm and hub. Team Short Bus would run away from the rest of the cars, until driver changes caused their paces to slow down. Team Rednecks and Sidney Geriatrics would stay 1st and 2nd until the last 30 minutes, when the Geriatrics fall asleep at the transmitter, and can no longer continue to race due to a blown engine. Team Rednecks keep pushing, as Team Serpent RRR has been steadily advancing towards the top spot, and overtaken Team SuperBoom(wrenching in the pits).

Perhaps the highlight of an enduro is teamwork, and Team SuperBoom was definitely able to showcase this. Mario Heczko would play the part of mechanic, while his three team members yelled obscenities and criticism of his competence in repairs while using a compressor to cool the car down for repairs. In the end the Rednecks engine too, would begin failing. Team Serpent RRR, after having missed 30 minutes of the race, would overtake 1st and cruise to victory. Team SuperBoom would manage to repair their car, and also finish the race.