Search

Summer On-Road Racing in Western Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dougmartin
Kamloops would be interested in something like this.

Here's a pic of our permanent site

Looks like a really nice track !!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

cool I knew for sure some one from edmonton would be in

so we have doug marting
Joe from edmonton.
I,from victoira.
I'm quite sure we'll have someone from Vmar (I will send chuck a message)

I have a quite a few diffent Idea how we can pull this off. Like I said I'm willing to work on it but can't do it alone. if I could get everyone that willing to start planing this send me a pm with there email so that we can start to colabrate( big word for me )
Old 09-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey jjmudd, I guess you ordered a hyperdrive also. same weekend.

Sorry guy's off topic.

Back to our regular scedule progaming.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cyrrus
cool I knew for sure some one from edmonton would be in

so we have doug marting
Joe from edmonton.
I,from victoira.
I'm quite sure we'll have someone from Vmar (I will send chuck a message)

I have a quite a few diffent Idea how we can pull this off. Like I said I'm willing to work on it but can't do it alone. if I could get everyone that willing to start planing this send me a pm with there email so that we can start to colabrate( big word for me )
We'd certainly be interested in collaborating on it! Count us in for the discussions.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am definately on-board for a summer series although at this time I can't see Calgary hosting a "big" outdoor on-road event this coming year. What I can do is help organize or help out by giving ideas or suggestions. Something that I was thinking about is this; 3 races: 1 in the west(B.C.) that most of the B.C. crowd will attend and maybe some guys from Alberta. Then one race in Alberta....the Edmonton CAI race that most of the Alberta guys would attend and some of the B.C. guys might make it out. Then we could possibly do a final race in Kamloops since it is kind of in the middle.....best 2 out of three count??? The only thing would be how to schedule the races. This might be an answer to having a Western Canadian Asphalt Championship.
Just a thought but it might work.
Let me know what you guys think. The IRROC race this past summer was great.....maybe that could be the B.C. race or maybe VMAR. Edmonton has a great facility so that one is a no-brainer for Alberta. Kamloops is just a great middle ground location and their track looks great!
Thanks....Dwayne Flodell
Old 09-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

Kamloops usually holds their big Fall Classic on-road race in Sept. (which is this weekend). If Kamloops was to hold the 3rd leg we could do it in part with this race. We like to have it after the WCORCS races are over as we also are part of that series too. Just another idea.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey doug how did it go this weekend. I hated that I had to work this past weekend. would of been nice to meet you face to face. How did the island guys do.

oh the main reason by chance do you know when the WCORCS series dates for 06 yet, problably not. By chance do you know when. that what I can figure out some dates and ideas. lots brewing in the head( or that might just be steam )

and for the other guys that intersted in make this a reallity could I get some email address sent to my pm that way we could discuss this better than letting all the cat out of the bag.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I think a series would be great. i think if you add'd some of the TCS class's to the series you would get alot more newbies entering the race's ,alot of people still start with tamiya kits like the mini and tl01 it would give them a place to race on level ground plus its fun to run a mini around so it makes a nice fun class for regular racers and i think will draw more people to all the races. plus i dont think would take up much more time at an event.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Totally agree. Has been tried and tested at a club back home in Aus. The created a TT-01 class. Has become almost bigger than stock and thats a huge class. They sell more TT-01 parts and hopups than any other manufacturer. They also found there was little difference between a TT-01 with full mods and a stock std TT-01 as far as lap times go, so they had a rule for Tamiya Bodies/tyres/esc and motors and the rest was up to everyone. Id think a more open class like TCS stock following all the TCS stock rules would be perfect, plus you would have ALOT more TCS legal cars to compete in one of the most fun RC races in the world. Anyone who has done the TCS loves it
Old 09-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Snopro....where were you at the CAI!!!???!!! I needed to buy stuff!!! lol
Old 09-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

I ended up stuck here. other people backed out at the last minute and i wasnt fully prepaired to go myself on that short of notice. I will be back next year and i am not missing a race this winter . after such a slow summer i am ready to race .
Old 09-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guy's I really want to make this a reality.

I have a ruff draft. If whom that want to make this a reality.
If I could get some email
That way we could get this ball rolling. I know it a bit away till next summer. This way we could maybe make a commitee.
When you send me a pm could you please state from which club you represent.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Edmonton outdoor on-road Club Racing

Sorry to interupt this thread about the western canada series. But I am new in Edmonton, and am having trouble finding information on outdoor onroad club racing. The n.a.s.c.a.r. web site is chalk full of information on their indoor carpet racing, but the only information I can find on asphalt club racing in Edmonton, is the page referencing last years CAI at a track near Thorncliff school.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Keep talking on there thread, they run both the carpet and ashpalt track . They will help you out and make sure you know the dates . Edmontons club is a great bunch of guys and you will have a great time with them .
Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default CAI

Hey all, Check out the CAI web site. Its now up and running.