Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WCORCS final !! Quesnel RD fourm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

It seems like the Impound Rule was made before DSSS systems were available. (dsm being the more popular but Nomadio and a few others are out there.)

If it is the Rule to Impound ALL the radios then they should ALL be impounded.

But I think that this should be one of the Topics the Reps address at the meeting and maybe update the rule for next year.

P.S. The DSSS systems scan the frequencies and lock into an unused channel. That is different than someone using a frequency that they figure no-one else is using.

Not to mention the receivers need to be Bound to the transmitter.

Quote from spektrums site.
---------------------------------
Direct Sequencing Spread Spectrum or DSSS generates a wide signal on a single frequency, and information is encoded with its own Globally Unique Identification number (called GUID) such that the receiver only recognizes the information from its specific transmitter. And with over 4.2 billion available GUID codes, it is virtually impossible for a receiver to be controlled by anything other than its mating transmitter.
----------------------------------
Old 08-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

Hey all

A radio is a radio whether it's DSM or 75mhz

The rule book states that there will be a RADIO IMPOUND at the final.....If that's what it says I think we do it.....If you would like to change it for next year I see no problem.......why change the rule now.....JMO
Old 08-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

yup, impound them all. the dsm people shouldn't have the added bonus of using their radios when nobody else can. no offense but it sounds like at least it is a fair rule for all involved.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Tech Initiate

agreed, I run DSM, and I have no problem with the impound, just like other impounds, you have to ask to use your radio in the pit....I think it should be kept for next year also. If you are too lazy to go ask too use your radio, then why bother racing....every major RC race has impounds, DSM or not. IMO, keep this rule. maybe instate it for all WCORCS races.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi guys Michael here:

I got more new pics of the track from today, we are almost finished the track just a few more bumps and a couple jumps. A lil more staking down the black O pipe and we are done. We will be ready to race tomorow. Hope to see you all at the final the track is gonna be fast.

here's our clubs website link:
http://www.freewebs.com/dustkickers/

thx guys see you soon
Old 08-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

I RUN DSM. IMPOUND THEM ALL AND ASK FOR PERMISSION.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Clockwise or CCW?
Old 08-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Gary:

Direction is Clockwise.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Trevor Buzak
M/T pt. 3274460
1/8 scale pt. 9235246

CH. 72 / synth.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok the track looks wicked, now the big question....how the heck do we get there? how about some directions! A map would be nice since I am competely unfamiliar with the area, as I'm sure many others are as well.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dougmartin2
Hey all

A radio is a radio whether it's DSM or 75mhz

The rule book states that there will be a RADIO IMPOUND at the final.....If that's what it says I think we do it.....If you would like to change it for next year I see no problem.......why change the rule now.....JMO
As I stated. If it is the rule this year then it should be that way.

However a 75mhz is not the same as a 2.4ghz dsss system. The DSSS systems (not just the DSM but the NOMADIO and others to come) Do not just have the ability to transmit but they have the ability to receive on board telemetry from whatever sensors you may want to hook up to your vehicle. You may want to examine this data between rounds. I am just thinking about the future.

If the only reason for the impound is to help prevent interference then why impound a radio that is designed to do just that?

just some food for thought.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Ok the track looks wicked, now the big question....how the heck do we get there? how about some directions! A map would be nice since I am competely unfamiliar with the area, as I'm sure many others are as well.

Me too. It's been 7 years since I've been there(Quesnel).

Contact #'s as well....So I can call and whine when I get lost.

I'll be up there Thurs evening...Let's party....
Old 08-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by Wintermute
As I stated. If it is the rule this year then it should be that way.

However a 75mhz is not the same as a 2.4ghz dsss system. The DSSS systems (not just the DSM but the NOMADIO and others to come) Do not just have the ability to transmit but they have the ability to receive on board telemetry from whatever sensors you may want to hook up to your vehicle. You may want to examine this data between rounds. I am just thinking about the future.

If the only reason for the impound is to help prevent interference then why impound a radio that is designed to do just that?

just some food for thought.
I know 75mhz is not the same as 2.4ghz but a radio impound is for all radio's....and that's my point.....who cares if it's 2.4 or 75,72....it's an impound and all racers must use it at the final.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

I don't have any problem with the impound. I'm happy either way. However, I agree with wintermute. These radios eliminate the problem. Why impound them? Something to discuss for next year.

I just got home from a freinds on the westside. It looks like Kelowna is on fire again. Hopefully they get it out quicker this time.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Will the impound be completely enclosed and watched at all times? Also, who is responsible for any damage/theft that may occur to any radio equipment?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.