Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Grande Prairie Model Racers Association >

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Old 05-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was thinking yesterday and I think we should move the start of the races to 3:30 or 4:00. It seems that this would work much better, most people dont show up until 1:00 or later anyway, so this way people wouldnt have to get out to the track as soon as they get up. I could definately see the attendance increases, and the preparedness of racers increasing. What do you guys think?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:34 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

Depending on how many classes we race and how many qualifiers and heats, this could end very late in the evening. I think that we should start at 1pm and if you don't show up on time but still want to race, you forfeit any practice time or qualifying time you would have had.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking be try it

Maybe we should try a later start date. For Myself i like to eat around noon. Then head off to the track, therefore a like 2:00pm start or later is pretty cool for me. I work till 3:00pm on Sat anyway, so what ever you guys want.
later
Old 05-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Psych!

Yeah, if we psych everyone out by saying that the racing starts at noon, we might get something going by 1:00. Hahaha!
Old 05-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Last Saturday

Last Saturday was not a lost cause. My family and I had fun, and it was a good practice round of faux racing for me to kinda help figure things out (I've never raced, officially, before). In fact, I've never even seen a real R/C race before, never mind drive in one! Hahaha! Complete green horn! My only reference has been what I've been reading since last fall in every R/C magazine I can get my hands on. It's been an education.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Well I doubt that we will be running an 1/8th scale buggy class, since Vocat isn't racing 1/8th this year, Chad and Corcum dont show up very often and I dont think they even know about this race (anyone know their Email addresses?). So that leaves me and Rob racing 1/8th, but since me and Rob can also run MT (I've got something up my sleeve ) that will pretty much be the biggest class. I figure we can most likely get done around 8:00 pm at the latest if this is the way things go.

This weekend I'm bringing the white board and the megaphone so that organization is actually possible.

Anyone know Peter Kindl's Email?
Old 05-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default Grande Prairie RC Action

I got a couple of the pages of the web site back up, in a basic form. I pretty much had to start from scratch again after the crash.

Brad, have you figured out how to upload a "news" page to your web space yet? If you have, then I can link to it, otherwise, keep me posted regarding this Saturday and I'll try to post it on the news page that I have incorportated on the GrandePrairieRCAction.net server for the time being.

Things are starting to move in the patch again, so I might be getting busy soon, which will leave me less time to spend on hobbies. It would be good to get a news page worked out sometime soon.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default Internet Connections

Does anyone have any idea how many of us are on dial up? If there are a few who are still on dial up, I can build the site to accomodate them so that the pages do not take so long to load.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default www.GrandePrairieRCAction.net

I've got the "Rides", "Videos", and "Links" sections back on again. The site is starting to look pretty good again... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my site structure this time around will be a bit more crash proof than the last attempt.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Yes Gregg please post on the site that we will be racing this weekend at 4:00pm.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default OK

Done.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Default The gods must be angry!

Who pee'd off the rain gods? I'de like to know so that I can beat that person up!

The forcast looks like thunderstorms for this afternoon, folks! I'm not sure how much racing we're going to do in the middle of a thunderstorm!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rain holds off long enough to have a couple of races.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default May 14 Races

Well, the rain clouds loomed above, but they were nice to us this afternoon... Thanks to all who came out and had fun!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default whats going on guys

so was there any races or what what a mix up loloh well i got my time on the track any way loltalk to ya all later
Old 05-15-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default Racing

We raced monster truck, and had an informal 1/8th scale buggy race. There were 5 monster truck racers.

There wasn't really enough people with experience to make the race a go, so I volunteered to run the race. It was my first time, and I did make a few mistakes (like not starting the timer after saying "go" on one occasion).

Also, my wife was given the task of counting laps. Counting laps was not an issue, but due to innexperience no one knew to take note of who crossed the finish line first at the end of the race to determine who won! Hahaha! When I looked at the lap counts and saw that there were three racers with the same number of laps and asked the question, "who won?", it became evident that it is necessary to watch the finish line on the last lap and take note of the order the cars/trucks cross.

It was good practice, and a fun time, but I'm not sure that us innexperienced people were able to keep track of things accurately enough to fairly count the race for points. If I'm asked to do this again I will know exactly what needs to be done, and things will go more smoothly.

I'm looking to find a checkered flag to start the races until we have a starting gate so that everyone will start at the same time. We had some coordination problems with people getting twitchy on the throttle and taking off a bit before they were supposed to, with just a simple verbal "ready, set, go" starting method.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.