Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Grande Prairie Model Racers Association >

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grande Prairie Model Racers Association

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Am I wrong, or do we have water hookup right over by the concrete barriers in the parking lot? That would mean we would only have to pay a water bill to the city and hook into it?
Old 09-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gracefull
When it comes time for power at the track let me know,I was a electrition in a previous life... and still have a few favours to call in..
Cool man! Thanks for the offer!!! We will definitely take you up on that when the time comes!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DiscoDan
Am I wrong, or do we have water hookup right over by the concrete barriers in the parking lot? That would mean we would only have to pay a water bill to the city and hook into it?
There is water, gas, electricity, and phone available there... We just need to have the water and electricity piped over to inside the fence to a small "services shed".
Old 09-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

I think most members would gladly pay higher membership dues to have water available for the track, and powered pits.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadHacker
We tried three times to have the "Poker" race... there were very very few supporters... so we dropped it.
Well we didn't really give them much of a chance, nor were they really even organized at all. Next year I'm sure we will have at least one.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Just so you all know... I updated the photo package for the September 24th races on the web site...
Old 09-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Here's some photos of the trophy winners!
Attached Thumbnails Grande Prairie Model Racers Association-2006-gpmra-race-season-1_10th-winners.jpg   Grande Prairie Model Racers Association-2006-gpmra-race-season-mt-winners.jpg   Grande Prairie Model Racers Association-2006-gpmra-race-season-umt-winners.jpg   Grande Prairie Model Racers Association-2006-gpmra-race-season-buggy-winners.jpg  
Old 09-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Here's the group photo with all the trucks lined up...

And a shot of some of the guys (and girls) after the race...

LOL... why do you suppose Dean is holding a glass of water and looking at the flames on Jay's shirt???
Attached Thumbnails Grande Prairie Model Racers Association-2006-gmpra-race-season-group-photo-sept-24th-race.jpg   Grande Prairie Model Racers Association-sept-24th-some-group-after-races.jpg  

Last edited by MadHacker; 09-26-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

lmao Gregg.

So T4 racers who ran on carpet last year... what kind of setup changes should I be looking at doing? I'm assuming the jumps will be smallish and a guy can lower his truck and run stiffer suspension. Any recomendations?
I'm in the middle of going over the T4. I am swapping to the F.T. graphite chassis and some in-line axles, as well as robbing the Airtronics servo from my Revo for steering. I see now that one of my cvd axles has a wobble haha nothing a couple pairs of vice grips won't fix!

Last edited by DiscoDan; 09-26-2006 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

No wonder I was having problems controlling my T4 the second half of the day... on the rr shock the piston came loose due to a broken e-clip... all fixed now. I also was able to straighten the cvd .
Old 09-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

lmao Gregg.

So T4 racers who ran on carpet last year... what kind of setup changes should I be looking at doing? I'm assuming the jumps will be smallish and a guy can lower his truck and run stiffer suspension. Any recomendations?
I'm in the middle of going over the T4. I am swapping to the F.T. graphite chassis and some in-line axles, as well as robbing the Airtronics servo from my Revo for steering. I see now that one of my cvd axles has a wobble haha nothing a couple pairs of vice grips won't fix!
I lowered mine & ran red springs with 50wt oil, worked great for our track.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:46 AM
DG
Tech Master

Another thing we might try next year is a "NOVICE" day. A day for drivers that have never raced before. Regular club racers could be "FLIPPERS" , tuners and general helpers for the novices. We could have door prizes ( an RTR Package, tires.) Maybe get the paper to promote the day for us? It could attract a lot of new members and racers as well as helpers too.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:50 AM
DG
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MadHacker
One goal that we have is to host a major race series at our track in GP... such as CORCS! (the Canadian Off Road Championship Series) This series draws a lot of racers from all over (in the hundreds)!
When we are setting the up the rules for next year we should maybe consider using the CORCS standards for vehicles and tracks!!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:52 AM
DG
Tech Master

I think most members would gladly pay higher membership dues to have water available for the track, and powered pits.
I agree
Old 09-26-2006, 10:57 AM
DG
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Well we didn't really give them much of a chance, nor were they really even organized at all. Next year I'm sure we will have at least one.
In some ways that is what FSJ had on the 17th. We put an entry fee and a sponser put up a car. The club got the fee and the sponser got the publicity

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 151 votes, 1.58 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.