Wiki Posts
Search

Winnipeg Indoor On-Road Carpet Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by damage
17.5 blinky (non-boost) 12th scale is very big in parts of the U.S. and can lead to some super tight racing. Some guys also run the super stock equivalent (13.5) motors. I would suggest hanging tight on the motor selection at the moment, there are about 4 or 5 guys who have 12th scale cars to run and we can determine what motor everyone agrees on. If we start and you need a motor, I'm sure I can borrow you something until you pick one up.
Thanks a lot, but I already placed the order for a 13.5T, if we decide to run 17.5t, i'll get another one....
Old 11-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

17.5 in 1-12 scale is pretty fast. And even better when there's more the two guys racing. If there's a full heat of 17.5 there fast enough. But 13.5 is a great speed as well. Although motors are a huge part of 1-12 scale tires make the biggest difference. Size and compounds. But saying that the track has a huge part in witch tires you run. There are alot of veteran 1-12 scale drivers at the track that will deff help out with that
Old 11-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Warren, I contacted you last spring but missed out on the racing . I'am definitly interested in racing this winter.Hav'nt raced in 15 years a bit rusty.

Impala67
Old 11-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool

Originally Posted by IMPALA67
Hi Warren, I contacted you last spring but missed out on the racing . I'am definitly interested in racing this winter.Hav'nt raced in 15 years a bit rusty.

Impala67
what and where did you used to race? 15 years ago..... that brings me back alight. I started "racing" when I was 14. (that was 18 years ago) ...... ahhh memories. So much has changed since then
Old 11-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Rookie

I raced 1/10 with a 10L and 1/12 with a 12L, Was usually at Whellies on Mcphillips. also ran a rc10 converted to onroad and a tamiya f-1. still have these except for the f-1.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Wow... memories!!! I raced at Wheelies also, I seem to recall those being EARLY mornings!!
Old 11-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default Track opening update

A number of folks have been asking when we are going to start the carpet season. I've got the location secured and have arranged insurance, however have not pulled the trigger as of yet.

We need to get a few things sorted out first..... Are folks willing to pay up front to race? We didn't go that route last year and it didn't work out too well. I'd need a two month minimum commitment from racers to go through all the efforts to get this setup and operational. Do you want to start in December or January?

If we get 15 racers this would be $100 per person per month, more racers would lower the price (30 racers would halve it). That would = $200 + $40 track fee up front. That would give 8 dedicated race days (Sundays) and 8 practice / race evenings (Fridays) and breaks down to $30 a week, pretty reasonable.

That's the scoop guys, this is designed to be a cost neutral endeavor.... cover the costs associated with running the facility and have as much fun as possible. More people the lower the price...... This will get us two solid months of racing. If people want to go longer we'll re-evaluate after the first two months to see where the interest is.

It's a big commitment and a boat load of work to get running.... but it is one of the funnest things you'll be doing when it's -30 degrees with 4 feet of snow outside.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by damage
A number of folks have been asking when we are going to start the carpet season. I've got the location secured and have arranged insurance, however have not pulled the trigger as of yet.

We need to get a few things sorted out first..... Are folks willing to pay up front to race? We didn't go that route last year and it didn't work out too well. I'd need a two month minimum commitment from racers to go through all the efforts to get this setup and operational. Do you want to start in December or January?

If we get 15 racers this would be $100 per person per month, more racers would lower the price (30 racers would halve it). That would = $200 + $40 track fee up front. That would give 8 dedicated race days (Sundays) and 8 practice / race evenings (Fridays) and breaks down to $30 a week, pretty reasonable.

That's the scoop guys, this is designed to be a cost neutral endeavor.... cover the costs associated with running the facility and have as much fun as possible. More people the lower the price...... This will get us two solid months of racing. If people want to go longer we'll re-evaluate after the first two months to see where the interest is.

It's a big commitment and a boat load of work to get running.... but it is one of the funnest things you'll be doing when it's -30 degrees with 4 feet of snow outside.

Warren. Count me in. I'll commit for the first 3 months. Preferably January start for me but I can make December work. Price is definitely very reasonable and I hope to see others sign up.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm in too, December start sounds good to me. I'll commit to 3 months for sure possibly 4. Just a heads up, Kelly will be making her debut in VTA this year!! Look out guys.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

I am in for VTA and 17.5
I can only show up on sundays
Old 11-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Rookie

you can count me in for three months no problem. Can't wait to practice.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Indoor racing

Hello I just want to know what types of classes will be running indoors and what the limits for the vehicles are. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Indoor racing

Warren, I will give it a go if the numbers are there, I will be lucky to make it out 2 Sundays a month and december is out as I am travelling at least one week already.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default Two weeks since last message

So December is upon us and it's been about two weeks since my last post. We are still hoping to get some on-road racing going in January and need to put a list together of who's interested / committed. Just to put things into perspective, roughly 19 people on my FACEBOOK group have seen may last post and either liked it, commented on it or PM'd me directly. That's a lot of people and if we could hammer down who is definitely in we could get the cost way way down..... for instance 19 people would roughly be $80 a month; that's 8 times at the track and breaks down to $10 a visit.... Winnipegers like the breakdown on $$$ , LOL. Post here or on our FACEBOOK Group....

Thanks Warren.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

January works fore me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.