Wiki Posts
Search

R.O.C.K. Crawlers Kelowna presents The Ultimate Off-Road Crawler Challenge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default R.O.C.K. Crawlers Kelowna presents The Ultimate Off-Road Crawler Challenge

Ultimate Off-Road Crawler Challenge (U.O.C.C.) May - Sept 2011 monthly crawl competitions
First one is MAY 15th @ Knox Mnt. 10am registration

2.2 & 1.9 Rock Crawl course (every comp date will have this event)
-uphill, rocky terrain, tennis ball gates, timed & scored, lowest score wins
-class seperations are 2.2 pro stock, 2.2 unlimited, 2.2 scale, 1.9 scale
-2.2 Pro Stock class regulations are: stock chassis & axles, but open to any 2.2 tires/rims, 10th scale lexan bodies, and electronics.
-2.2 Unlt. class regulations are: any 10th scale body/tube chassis, 2.2 tires/wheels and can use dig function and or rear steer.
-2.2 & 1.9 Scale class regulations are: must have parallel chassis frame rails and any 10th scale truck body. electronics and scale accessories are open to personal preferance.

Rock Racing Hill Climb course (every comp date will have this event)
-uphill chute, rock & dirt terrain, 1st single runs timed to match pairs and then 2x2 eliminations untill overall winner remains. start to finish line timed coarse and open to 2.2 & 1.9 rigs.

Tank Trap Hill Climb (optional if area can facilitate)
-uphill dirt, mud & water holes with mandatory obstacle gates and border tape to create an uphill trail like scenario throughout. start to finish line timed coarse and open to 2.2 & 1.9 scale rigs only. fastest single run wins.

Frame Twister (optional if area can facilitate)
-rock boulder obstacle course with 180degree turn to mud bog pit. start to finish line timed event and open to 2.2 & 1.9 scale rigs only. fastest single run wins.

So what I'm trying to promote with this annual competition series is that this is an Ultimate Off-road RC experience with our comp days full of fun events to participate in.
With the 2.2 comp crawlers being the ultimate adrenalin rush for capabilty and precision there is also a surgance of 2.2 & 1.9 scale creations being a newish aspect of the Off-Road Rc world. With Axials SCX10 being the staple scale-ish rig on the market, there are also tons of aftermarket kits and accesseries to make them more personalized and capable of more realistic rock and trail 4x4-ing. I wanted to incorperate these scale aspects into our crawl events and score them respectively. So build your trucks accordingly to what you want to participate in.

R.O.C.K. Crawlers Kelowna will host the 1st leg of the 2011 series (to get other clubs and volunteers familiar with the events itinerary) in Kelowna at Knox Mnt on May 15 and then other cities crawler clubs like Kamloops, Penticton & Vernon can secure a following month to host thier event and pic thier optional off-road scenarios.
Kelowna may 15th comp will have the Crawl Course, Rock Racing Hill Climb and Tank Trap scenarios that day!

Thanks to those already interested and ready to participate in getting the Crawl scene happening again! Be sure to spread the word to promote our favorite aspect of RC. CRAWLING

A few teasers from other like minded crawler clubs...
from Oregon, USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akJP5PJKIZ0
from Edmonton, AB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suXiXSd5Ayg
Axial Top Truck Challenge in Montana, USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyIolGKv0s

There will be a video camera at our MAY 15th event so I can make one of these teasers for our R.O.C.K. Racing website and youtube! So get those trucks looking tuff and be ready for some intense Off-Road action.
Post your interest or comments here or email me at [email protected]

Cheers, Cory
R.O.C.K. Racing's Crawler Director

Last edited by 66SICK; 04-12-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow if that dosn't make you want a crawler nothing will....
Old 03-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Default ROCK Crawling Future?

No kidding Cory, that is making me think about getting a crawler to join in the fun. Well done man. We will do what we can to promote this and get people out.

Great Job Cory
Old 04-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Looks good. I'm in for the crawl course. Can't wait to see how my crawler does against others.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Well Corey if you need help setting up the scale side of things let me know. I have 100 flags that we made a year ago for marking courses that should work pretty good.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

sounds awsome i just got a scx10 so i'm glad that there will be 1.9 scale events
Old 04-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks everyone, really looking forward to it, the comp is only a month away. YAY!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

To bad it falls on PRCC's season opener thats were I will be.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SavageCanadian
To bad it falls on PRCC's season opener thats were I will be.
So I guess that revokes your offer to help with the scale aspect then? SIJWTPYITF!

Last edited by 66SICK; 04-14-2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: added info
Old 04-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default FYI...

Anyone interested in joining me to get some video footage of our scale trail trucks in action? I found a killer rubicon trail that would be perfect for making a youtube or promo video for our crawler club.

Next Friday the 22nd is a holiday and I would like to get out for a couple hrs in the morning and gather some trail running jamboree style footage. The trail area is on the westside near Kal Tire on Westlake rd.

I'm bringing my 2 scaler Axial Honcho's. one has 2.2 TSL Swampers and the other wears 1.9 Rok Loks. Both will be challenged to dominate this trail. It's just technical enough to make them work for it and will look really knarly on video. I'm stoked

Who's interested...post up?

R.O.C.K. Crawlers Kelowna presents The Ultimate Off-Road Crawler Challenge-08_ax90018_wraith_action_03_709.jpgR.O.C.K. Crawlers Kelowna presents The Ultimate Off-Road Crawler Challenge-16_ax90018_wraith_action_11_709.jpg
Old 04-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

My crawler is good to go! You can count me in.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

had 2 others call me today to confirm their coming so should be a good time and hopefully we get a few more interested by Fri!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default summit?

hey there i know i cant compete with this vehicle.
but can anyone tell me of good spots to rock climb beside knox mt.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Bear Creek walking trails on Westside rd, Mission Creek Greenway on Sprinfield behind Canadian Tire, Chute Lake rd at the end of Lakeshore, to name a few cool places I've been and really man with a Summit you can go anywhere and everywhere. Kelowna has a million off-road hiking trails and scenic parks...grab a few battery packs and go exploring!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

I can bring my hilux leafer out for the 22nd.

Last edited by SavageCanadian; 04-20-2011 at 12:40 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.