Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
360 Raceway - *Permanent track* Carpet racing returns to the Fraser Valley (B.C.) >

360 Raceway - *Permanent track* Carpet racing returns to the Fraser Valley (B.C.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

360 Raceway - *Permanent track* Carpet racing returns to the Fraser Valley (B.C.)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
Man I miss this place.
Me too....
Old 10-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Me too +o
Old 10-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm not an on-road guy, but interested in hearing why it is no longer around? Anyone want to fill me in? Was it just not a viable business?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

real estate is extremely expensive, especially to permanently rent it and not just for half a day every week or two.

im sure theres more factors to it also.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brew99
I'm not an on-road guy, but interested in hearing why it is no longer around? Anyone want to fill me in? Was it just not a viable business?
Honestly, a few reasons.

Mostly location, It was close to where I live, but far from the masses. About an 1 hour give or take, I owned it BTW, not for profit but to simply cover expenses and give us all a place to run.. For the most part we did have a core group that were awesome ( John and Rob, who posted here being 2 of them) I opened it 2 days a week (Wed for Practice and Suday for practice or racing) The track was small by todays standards but I loved it as it challenged your skills.

I was approached by by a guy that had a larger warehouse in a more desirable location ( Surrey) I think we all thought it was a good move selling it and moving it to Surrey where it would be run more like a business. It was open muliple days but somehow lacked something in that location and a year later was shut down for good.

I tried my best with what I had and I think overall we pleased a lot of racers, It was not perfect but it was better then nothing.. ( what we have now for a perm track)

P.S. Thanks for bringing the thread back John, brings back a lot of good memories for me and my family.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

IMO in order to keep any kind of indoor track running and in the black, the core of diehard rc racers must double or triple. There are just not enough racers to support the dollars it costs.
Now if there was a way to dual purpose a a race facility......hmmm
Old 12-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default potential new location

There is a new GoKart track opening on production way in Langley. I talked to the owners a while back while they were looking for a location to run and they mentioned they would entertain the idea of an RC car track to supplement their operation
Old 12-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallE
There is a new GoKart track opening on production way in Langley. I talked to the owners a while back while they were looking for a location to run and they mentioned they would entertain the idea of an RC car track to supplement their operation
Sweet!

Please keep us all posted