2010 Nitro Challenge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 2010 Nitro Challenge

Hey everyone!

Just wondering who's all going to the Dirt Nitro Challenge this year? I'd also like to see people posting about past experiences at this race (or at the Nitro Pit) as it's my first time attending!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T493
Hey everyone!

Just wondering who's all going to the Dirt Nitro Challenge this year? I'd also like to see people posting about past experiences at this race (or at the Nitro Pit) as it's my first time attending!

Ryan,
I will fire you a PM tomorrow about a few details I wanted to discuss about this race (including bringing you a second 808 due to the first one being lost in the mail.....lol). I will keep you posted.
-Kane
Old 01-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kane-o
Ryan,
I will fire you a PM tomorrow about a few details I wanted to discuss about this race (including bringing you a second 808 due to the first one being lost in the mail.....lol). I will keep you posted.
-Kane
Ok, thanks Kane!!!

I'm looking forward to having a spare car for this race!

I've been pretty busy getting my 808 ready for the Nitro Challenge. I finally got around to ordering some Alu hop ups, the car looks great!!!! Just like the way Rocco builds the cars for the American team!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Check your Facebook Ryan!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

Good luck with this race Ryan!
When is it anyway?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maniac mechanic
Good luck with this race Ryan!
When is it anyway?
Thanks maniac!!!!

It's on Feb 17th to 21st in Wittmann AZ. I'm just running Pro Buggy at this race, I was going to do Pro Truck as well but I wanted to be able to focus on the buggy seeing as I am in the pro class!
Old 03-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

So how was this race Ryan? Go well for you? Have fun?
Old 03-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maniac mechanic
So how was this race Ryan? Go well for you? Have fun?
Sorry for the late reply Maniac. I've been really busy with school lately, gotta keep the marks up eh!!!! Anyways, I had a lot of fun at the Nitro Pit!! I met a lot of new people, and met up wit some old friends.

I didn't do too bad either. I qualified in the F main, which sucked, but I bumped up to the E-main and finished mid pack. If I would have had more than a 7 minute race, I could have bumped again, but whatever. Mid E-main in Pro Buggy isn't too bad!!! I was really hesitant to run my brand new 2010 808 in the mud, but luckily Ryan Lutz came over with some Kal Gard prep n shine before my run!!! He sprayed all the plastic parts, and it worked great! My car came off near clean, and that was after 15 minutes running in MUD, not wet dirt; im talking slime! I had a Novarossi rep from France help me with engine tuning! That was really cool, and he gave me some driving tips that paid off too! Too bad my clutch was not set up for the added weight from the mud. If it was, I might have made the bump to the D-main!

On a different note, I had a chance to really review the 2010 808. The bearings last longer than the old ones, but I still had a metal shield poop off the front pinion bearing. Probably due to the fact that some of the jumps were tough to land perfectly. The car was a lot more stable in sweepers, and in the bumps (due to the longer wheelbase) and changed directions slightly faster due to the better side to side weight balance!!! The new car felt really dialed out of the box, but I did make a few changes to the set-up as the weekend went on. Anyhow, the new 2010 808 updates worked really well, and are worth looking into!!!!!

The new 808 is available at the Canwest RC online store:

http://canwestrcshop.net/