Search

Hi-Performance Indoor Off Road Winter Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default First Time

I am planning on having my sc10 ready for the Feb. 20th race. Just wanted to know what class is bigger (better racing) Mod or Stock. Also what is the tire to use Front and Back please. What time do the doors open. Any help would be great.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mittlestead
I am planning on having my sc10 ready for the Feb. 20th race. Just wanted to know what class is bigger (better racing) Mod or Stock. Also what is the tire to use Front and Back please. What time do the doors open. Any help would be great.
Corr mod, and JC Goosebumps or Proline Calibers are the best there.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Qoute
01-12-2010, 08:26 AM #36
Taco 44
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We spoke with ThunderBird Show Park and we are able to get the building earlier so for the next race new time

Track open at 12:00 racing at 1:30 this should help
Old 02-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Are people running the same tire front and rear and what turn motor is the most popular for mod?
Old 02-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Most are running the same tires front and rear, I think goosebumps may pack less at this track but not positive if they are better than the calibers. It's so loose I would think a 10.5 would be lots in an SC10, probably even a 13.5. Most of the track was loose dirt and sand with a few swept off spots that were hard packed grey dirt of some type. (base)

Here's a short vid to get an idea what the track looks like.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Skunk; 02-09-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Gentlemen, congrats on a well run event. I hope the entire series is as successful as the last event was. It takes a big handfull of gut to put a series like this together. Hats off to Mike, Todd, Jonathon, and Kyle from Hi Performance for the effort. I'm sure all the racers really appreciate what you guys have done.
On behalf of "Team High Torque" a huge thank you to all the racers in attendance. You guys really made us "flatlanders" feel welcome. The level of competition and the sportsmanship displayed were top notch. Take a bow.
Special thanks to the Hi Performance crew. The hospitality and shuttle service would give a good limo service a run for the money !
Paul (dukk) thanks for the help, and of course for the ride back to the hotel. It was great to catch up with you again.

All the best gentleman.....
Anthony, Gord and Dan
Old 02-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

AFter being "away" from racing for about 2 years i gotta say....that was just awesome!! To go to the THUNDERBIRD show park and see so many people racing electric in various classes was just killer! Glad i decided to come back to racing!!!!!!! Cya on the next round!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dado
That track looks awesome!!! It is great to see more videos of different track layouts out there. I cant wait to lay down some fast laps this Sat. Look out all you 1/8 scalers Team DADO will be in the house full force for Round #3
Sound like fun Hey i sent you a PM
Old 02-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Funny Rims

I just opened the bag with the stock tires and rims for my sc10 and one side of the rim has a larger diameter that the other. Are these the rim/tire size people are using or arepeople using the T4 rim and tire sizes?
Old 02-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mittlestead
I just opened the bag with the stock tires and rims for my sc10 and one side of the rim has a larger diameter that the other. Are these the rim/tire size people are using or arepeople using the T4 rim and tire sizes?
Those tires that come in the box are the standard for ShortCourse trucks.Short course tires/rims are an odd size. Jconcepts rims with Calibers are the ticket.
I reccomend getting a set of Pro-line Calibers. These are the latest and greatest!!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lexxx
Those tires that come in the box are the standard for ShortCourse trucks.Short course tires/rims are an odd size. Jconcepts rims with Calibers are the ticket.
I reccomend getting a set of Pro-line Calibers. These are the latest and greatest!!
Where can i get these? What Local hobby shop?
Old 02-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

3.0 inch inner with a 2.2 inch outter bead is the standard SC tire and wheel dimensions. I know Go Go Hobbies on Austin in Coq. had some in stock. Mayby give Cam a call there.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have some short coarse tires and wheels at Race Tech Hobbies as well Mike and I also have TC 5 parts,SMC batts.XRAY parts and Hudy Tools...come by for a visit...Norm...
Old 02-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the invite ill come check out your shop on my day off.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by phattyphatty4x2
Gentlemen, congrats on a well run event. I hope the entire series is as successful as the last event was. It takes a big handfull of gut to put a series like this together. Hats off to Mike, Todd, Jonathon, and Kyle from Hi Performance for the effort. I'm sure all the racers really appreciate what you guys have done.
On behalf of "Team High Torque" a huge thank you to all the racers in attendance. You guys really made us "flatlanders" feel welcome. The level of competition and the sportsmanship displayed were top notch. Take a bow.
Special thanks to the Hi Performance crew. The hospitality and shuttle service would give a good limo service a run for the money !
Paul (dukk) thanks for the help, and of course for the ride back to the hotel. It was great to catch up with you again.

All the best gentleman.....
Anthony, Gord and Dan
Hey Dan,

It was no problem at all. Great seeing you guys! Too bad it was too cold to display my High Torque t-shirt..

Paul

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.