Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Edmonton WCICS Info (November 6, 7 and 8) >

Edmonton WCICS Info (November 6, 7 and 8)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Edmonton WCICS Info (November 6, 7 and 8)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Great tire price!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Great price for tires!!! How about pre-registration???

R
Old 10-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

while tables and chairs are supplied please remember to bring your power bars and extension cords as they are not supplied and you could be quite aways from a plug in.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Corwin or Mike,
I asked a couple of pages back, but didn't hear back.

do you guys have the hall to yourselves again all weekend, or split booking?
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How much tire wear do a set of Jaco blues go through in a race weekend at a WCICS event? Also, how much does the performance of the tire drop off as it is run more and more? Is there a huge difference between run 1 and run 5? This is probably a stupid question, but, I'm trying to do this weekend as cheaply as possible, so I wonder if it's possible to get away with one set of tires between stock TC and SS TC?
Old 10-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wheel, I ran all the WCICS races last year on one set of tires for both Stock and SS. I plan to do it again this year.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The first couple of runs might be a little slick so do at least one practice run with those tires. By the time the mains come around, they'll be great. They'll still be good for a few club races and/or practice days after that as well.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by adamge
Wheel, I ran all the WCICS races last year on one set of tires for both Stock and SS. I plan to do it again this year.
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
The first couple of runs might be a little slick so do at least one practice run with those tires. By the time the mains come around, they'll be great. They'll still be good for a few club races and/or practice days after that as well.
Really? Woohoo!! I should be good with one set then.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Really? Woohoo!! I should be good with one set then.
You get 1 set for the weekend and you can only use the tires provided. When I stripped a wheel in Lethbridge last year I had to buy a single tire for $10.

I'm still running some WCICS tires on my TC from the Calgary race. Must have 30 runs on them and there still sticking.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chongo
You get 1 set for the weekend and you can only use the tires provided. When I stripped a wheel in Lethbridge last year I had to buy a single tire for $10.

I'm still running some WCICS tires on my TC from the Calgary race. Must have 30 runs on them and there still sticking.
It's kinda like the energizer bunny. They just keep going. i do change mine a little less often then 30 runs but it's just for peace of mind.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
That is a good point. They definitely take a practice couple runs to come up to full traction. Also, at $30 and with the next WCICS race being in like January, it might be a smart move to buy a second set just so you have another set to race locally in the interim. I'm toying with that idea...
Old 10-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just be aware that if you do that you must run your SS in SS and your stock tires in stock. You can't buy another set just to throw them in your pit bag.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Oh, so if your running two touring classes then you need to buy two set of tires? You can only use set A in SS heats and set B in stock heats? Can't use A in SS and A in stock?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

yes you can run 2 classes with 1 set of tires...but...you can't as previously stated buy 2 set of tires and only run 1 set. The tires are marked for the specific class or classes they will be used in. So ( if you have 2 sets of tires ) if you run stock and your tires are labeled ss you will fail tech and visa versa. But if you have 1 set they would be labeled for ss and stock and be ok. I hope i'm not confusing you more!

Stu asked if we have the museum to ourself the answer is yes from Friday to Sunday around 5. That also means that it will be locked and alarmed overnight so you can leave your stuff there if you wish.
Mike
Old 10-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Oh, so if your running two touring classes then you need to buy two set of tires? You can only use set A in SS heats and set B in stock heats? Can't use A in SS and A in stock?
Brad, I find the tires have the best traction in the first few runs... between run 2 and run 8-12, depending on how hard you are on them.
Look for a wear line that eventually starts developing near the inside edge of the tire patch. The more obvious that line gets, the more the tire is thinning out and the tire patch will squirm more under load than it should. Because the wear is gradual, you might not notice that until you put on a new set of scrubbed tires for a direct comparison.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.