Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing >

Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.

Old 10-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I have 3 ilaps transponders for sale, $30 each.

John Kwong
[email protected]
403-714-5583
Old 10-20-2017, 04:10 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello Racers

Race day tomorrow. Doors at 10. Racing to start at 11:00 sharp. See Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway for directions.

Couple Items:

-There are some challenges that have been set from the Top 10 list. Should see some movement.
-I will have transponders at the track if you need one.
-We will have a new buddy racers out tomorrow trying rc out for the first time.
-Racers discount list spots are still available if you haven't got on the list yet.

What is everyone bringing out tomorrow? I will have 3 running 2wd. Anyone bringing out the short course tomorrow?

Aaron
Old 10-21-2017, 06:41 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hello Racers

Great day of racing today. Couple highlights:

-We had a full house of 37 entries spread over 3 classes. Lots of great racing on the track and lots of helping out in the pits.

-We had a new racer using the demo truck today and a returning racer from two weeks ago that "graduated" from the demo program. He did very well today and will be coming out regularly.

-Thanks for Mike Newhook and his company for the donation of cash for a proper port a potty and taking on the task of getting our timing system all calibrated. We should be picking up the new port a potty this week.

Overall a great day. See everyone next week.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 10-22-2017, 08:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for a fun day of racing guys. I think I’m getting this buggy thing figured out. Also, to the marshal that stomped on my car during the main, no sweat. It already needed a new wing and everything else is completely unharmed!
Old 10-23-2017, 06:54 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

A couple of questions for the racers:

1. Can some people recommend some tire choices that are working on the new surface to me? I would like to get a few recommendations from different brands so we can start to source out a tire buy for new racers and others. Please let me know the manufacturer, model, and if they are working on 2wd, 4wd, short course and on the front or rear.

2. Do any of the racers have a durable steering servo they would like to donate to the club demo truck? The one I donated was broken on the weekend. We would like to have the demo truck up and running soon again.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 10-23-2017, 07:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I ran Transistors and Positrons (front/rear, super soft compound, B6D) this weekend and thought they were a great combination.
rc pete likes this.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:51 AM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

Racing tomorrow. Doors open at 10:00, Racing at 11:00 sharp.

-Stay tuned for a couple of announcements this week with regards to the tire order and a new amenity outside for folks that like to drink alot of water at the track...
-Should see some good battles on the track and in the top 10 challenges.
-We are expecting some more new people this weekend so please lend a hand if you can to those that are new.

See you all out there.

Aaron
Old 11-01-2017, 03:28 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Ok Racers, Bulk Tire Order Time!

We will be placing an order for tires in the next few weeks. Please look at the options below and send me a PM or facebook message (Aaron Taylor or Trukz Calgary) with the product you want, the amount of product, the color of wheel you want, and what vehicle(s) you are putting the tires on. I will then respond back to you with the total cost and how to get me the cash. The last day to get in on the order and get me the cash will be Saturday November 18th. I can meet people on racedays or in the City over the next two weeks to take payment. Please note that this tire order is for Trukz Racer Discount List members only. Please sign up on the discount list before making your order.

Products:

Tires:
2wd/4wd Buggy Rear Tires - Proline Positron M4 Compound
2wd Buggy Front Tires - Proline Transistors M4 Compound
4wd Buggy Front Tires - Proline Positrons M4 Compound
Short Course Tires - Proline Positrons M4 Compound

Wheels:
2wd/4wd Buggy Rear Wheels- Proline Velocity Hex White or Yellow
2wd Buggy Front Wheels - Proline Velocity Hex White or Yellow
4wd Buggy Front Wheels - Proline Velocity Hex White or Yellow
Short Course Wheels - Proline Black Hex

This is a great opportunity for racers of all levels to get a deal on tires that we know work well on the track and are run by most of the local fast guys!

Let's get your orders in! If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks

Aaron

Last edited by mfd; 11-03-2017 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Added Short Course
Old 11-05-2017, 01:35 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

Quick recap of racing yesterday. Thanks to everyone who came out.

-We had a total of 30 entries over 3 classes. Short Course continues to pick up steam.
-We had 5 new racers out yesterday. That to Leo for joining us and for James and his family for joining us.
-The new to us porta-potty is set up and in use.
-Unfortunately we could not get our second heater up and running. It will be fixed and running if we need it next week. Having the second heater on would have eliminated the extra track work that was needed between Q1 and Q2.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 11-06-2017, 05:03 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

Quick note about the tire order. We are going to postpone the current order due to low subscription. Anyone who has given me cash for their tires will get it back.

We are looking at a new way of getting tire choice to the racers for a great price. Stay tuned over the next couple of weeks for details.

Sorry for having to postpone, but we think most racers will appreciate what we have in mind.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 11-12-2017, 04:42 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

Just a quick recap from racing yesterday.

-30 total entries across 3 classes. Great support for the new folks coming out.
-Stay tuned for the upcoming tire order. Details to come soon. We are going to try something different with our tire order.
-Don't forget to check out www.grumpysrcgarage.com. Discount list racers have a flat 15% discount on the site.

Thanks

Aaron

Last edited by mfd; 11-12-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:04 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

Racing tomorrow. Doors open at 10:00, Racing at 11:00 sharp.

-Should see some good battles on the track and in the top 10 challenges.

See you all out there.

Aaron
Old 11-30-2017, 07:15 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hello Racers

Race day this Saturday. Doors at 10. Racing to start at 11:00 sharp. See Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway for directions.

Couple Items:

-There are some challenges that have been set from the Top 10 list. Should see some movement.
-The dirt has been in great shape these last couple of weeks.

What is everyone bringing out?

Aaron
Old 12-02-2017, 01:54 PM
DJH
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the JC Dirt webs for short course? I know the positron seems to be the tire of choice.
Looking at the tread design, there seem to be some similarities.

Planning on being out to join you folks in January.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:06 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

Great race day today. We had 45 entries over 3 classes. 2 out of the 3 classes had C mains. Thanks for all of the support for dirt off road in Calgary. A couple notes:

-I want to recognize everyone who has taken part formally or informally in the Buddy program. We have got quite a few new racers through the program this year and they are sticking around. This in my opinion is the best way to get new racers in the hobby. I am getting more emails every week of new people looking to use the demo car. Great work!

-I also have transponders available still if anyone needs one. I haven't been to the track for a while, but can meet you in the City during the week if you need one. They are $46.

-Don't forget that discount list racers get $15 off at https://grumpysrcgarage.com. If you need your discount code let me know and I will share it with you. If you have paid to be on the racer discount list then you are in their system for the discount, you just need to get an account open with them and put in the code.

-As always, if you have any comments or concerns, please contact one of the exec.

Thanks

Aaron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.