Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 Canadian Winter Nationals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Just got back from the races very cool track. Got about 2 and a half hours of movie footage. Have to do some editing and see what it looks like I'll post up some highlinghts later.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Damn, I wish I could have been there! That track looks crazy!!!! Huge jumps! Can't wait to see the footage!
Old 02-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

I'd like to thank Del and the R.D. for putting a great race on. It was a hoot and for those who didn't show up
Old 02-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Rookie

1/8 scale A main first lap

Just wanted to add a thank you in here as well. You guys put on a really good show. I hope to see a repeat of it again in the future so I can be in it instead of watching.

Dell- bummer about bustin your buggy in the main you were kicking some butt there for awhile.

Last edited by MaxxRacer 149; 02-01-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dell and the boyz, you guys put out a great race. Was nice to get a bit of action during the winter season.

It was a fun weekend, too bad some of you out-of-towners couldn't make it.

Dell, I know you said this wasnt your style... but I think everyone should know how you were rewarded for the hard work you did to make this weekend happen. Sometime between late Sat and Sunday morning one of Dell's Rb .21's equiped with clutch, bell and motor mounts was taken from his pit area. Im just hoping it wasnt a racer who took it, since its a pretty low thing to do...
Old 02-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just got back - Loooonnnngggg weekend.

Huge kudos to Del and the RDRC for putting on this race...also to all the out of town guys (NASCAR, RCRE and Calgary guys Mike and Gary guys) who also put ina TON of work. Mike ran the computer all weekend "for fun" !!!

It was all worth it - the tarck was INSANE (in a good way) and the racing was both fun and fierce! It was almost a good to watch as to race... sometimes better!

Kevin and I shot 7 hours of footage... its gonna take a looooonnnnggg time to edit - but I will try my best to have a 3 or 4 min teaser up for this weekend with a bunch of highlights.

WE HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!

Delmo - that SUX about your engine... whoever did it better prey they don't get caught. Too bad you didn't win the CMB raffle...

Thanks to the sponsors for some truly great prizes:
Hobby Wholesale - body and gift certifiactes
Great Hobbies - gift certificates
GS - tires and clutch
HO Performance - sorry don't remember what the prizes were...
Hammond Racing - wheels, CMB raffle, Metallica tickets
Compass computer systems - 52x CD burner and disks

It was an awesome time... and thanks to Steve for having the most fun of anyone and pulling some INSANE airs in the A-main - we counted 16 landed HUGE airs in a row in the car on the way back!!! He was the only one doing them every lap... and it almost paid off (sorry Steve... maybe next time)

Thanks to Wayne for the 1st place for Hammond Racing

Thanks to Dennis for tuning my engine ... lord knows I couldn't figure it out... and it ran like a freakin missle after he tuned it.

Richard M - totally AWESOME in MT! That thing is amazingly dialed.

Too many more to mention ... the racing this weekend was really great.

Hammond racing 1,2 nice. he he he

Results to be posted int he next few minutes ... then to bed
Old 02-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Chris, I'm regretting helping you with your motor

Btw thanks for lending me parts
Old 02-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Winter Nationals Results

1/8 A Main

Qualifying order:
1 0 points Wayne Mah
2 0 points Chris Hammond
3 2 points (I think) Gary Fliegel
4 5 points Dennis Liew
5 8 points Steve Frechette
6 ? points Delmo
7 ? points John Hughes
8 Bump up Dick Liew

Results
51 25:04.27 Wayne Mah
50 25:06.28 Chris Hammond
49 25:08.51 Gary Fliegel
45 25:05.71 Dick Liew
44 22:02.19 Steve Frechette
39 19:51.12 Dennis Liew
26 21:19.05 Delmo
25 13:06.80 John Hughes

GT A main results (I don't have the qual order...)

46 25:19.19 Mark Hughes
45 25:11.90 Richard Mucha
44 25:15.12 Len Litke
42 25:32.19 Dan St Pierre
41 25:06.60 Dave Lengel
38 25:22.73 Chico
37 25:30.45 Joel Washburn
35 25:31.62 Sean Edzerza

MT A main results

48 25:30.28 Richard Mucha
44 25:08.90 Dan St Pierre
36 25:03.35 Mark Miller
DNF Adam Perrins
DNF Tony ANderson
DNF Darck McKenzie
DNS Darren McKenzie
DNS Shame Klemecki

Electric Truck

1 Mark Hughes
2 Bryan Jack
3 Dave Lengel
4 Len Litke
5 Dirk Wussow
Old 02-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Thanks Chris!

Thanks for the results.......

Old 02-02-2004, 03:52 AM
Company Representative

Most amazing weekend!! That was what the doc ordered up for cabin fever. A great time was had by all. Thanks to Del for getting this put together, and to everyone for coming out. Next year will even be better!!

A big thanks goes out to Buddha for runnin the show all weekend. He did a great job of keeping things rolling. Thanks to all of the racers for showing such good sportsmanship and having lots of fun.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I also would like to thank Del for the hard work and effort he put in to organize this event. I would also like to thank all the people that helped Del to get this show up and running. I would like to thank Roger for selling me his 7.5, what a blast...I certainly have a lot of learning to do!!! (don't follow Steve off the big hits untill I have a motor that is tuned properly...re: broken shock shaft!) Finally, I would like to thank Chris and Hammond Racing for keeping me running all weekend long with prototype parts, tires and miscelaneous odds and ends that a newbie to 1/8 buggy just doesn't have on hand!! I learned a lot from all the guys there and look forward to running with you all soon. Wayne Mah is starting to anoy me...not only does he win all the onroad stuff he dominates in offroad too and in the big air at the end of the event he pulls a back flip off and lands it perfectly on the first go at it!!! Someone must silence this young man...or get him a full factory ride!! Nice work Wayne.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Prolly wearing the thanx thing to death... but i'd also like to thank Dell for putting on an amazing show... Chris Hammond, The CMB has INSANE amounts of bottom end and ENDLESS top end... Dad (Go team Visa!)... and the rest of the Edmonton boys who werent afraid to take some huge air...

Overall, it was a great weekend...

Cheers!

Wayne
Old 02-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know its already been said, but I just have add in my 2cents
I big thanks to Delmo and everybody else (too many to name) that made this weekend possible and so awesome.
That was a very well organized race weekend.
A very special shout goes out to Gary Fliegel and Mark Hughes. If it wasn't for these guys I wouldn't have raced much this weekend, and won the Bmain electric. It doesn't help if you treat your car like a lawn dart.
Also I really have to thank Len Litke, who may have saved me from frying my speed control. Not bad for a guy from Edmonton. HaHaHa.
I owe these three guys big, and these guys are a couple of examples of the great ambassadors this hobby has.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Del and Red Deer club has put on one heck of a fine show this weekend. The track design was amazing with the "biggest air" jumps I've ever seen. It is hard to hold back on the throttle trigger and maintain some discipline. Del, (a pat on the back)thanks for a entertaining weekend.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Well, where do I start. First of all this would have never happened without many peoples help. I may have bit off more than I could chew and with out the help I would have lost huge and the race would have not gone so smooth.

Doug Stranchman- local farmer who's kid has a Maxx. This guy helped me set up and tear down. HUGE thanks.

Chris Hammond- Absolutely the most hardcore RC guy I've ever met, helped me from the start gettin the word out and basically doing everything Saturday morning. Hooked me up with raffles and saved the event. You got a lot on yur plate bro, thanks for your time.

Gary Fliegal- Without you I would not have been racin this weekend. Thanks for hookin me up with the main man.

Mike Evans (Budda)- I love you man, you kept your cool up there and did a A1 job. Can't imagine not havin you there.

RCRE- Other than busting a million of your transponders, I thank you a ton for letting me use your system. And thanks for comin down and tearin it up.

Steve Frechette- Obviously the greatest guy to have around the pits, helped with everything from scaffold to sign in. Kept us laughin all weekend and as usual and a pleasure to watch on the track. Thanks a bunch Steveo. (I had HAZMAT come and get your pillow).

Everyone- Without the hardcore guys and girls that are willing to drive through crappy weather to race, this thing would have been a flop. From John Hughs and Dick grabbin me lunch to someone I don't know volunteering to marshall for the 5th time. Sorry if I can't mention everyone but I really appreciate everyones help.

Thief- Thanks for being the only hiccup of the weekend, enjoy your new engine and watch out for Carma.

I did the math this mornin and by selling my Mettalica tickets (whaaaaa) I broke even by exactly $25 bucks.

So if everyone is interested I would like to try it again next year. I think eveyone can imagine how much bigger and better it will be.
Thanks again and we'll see ya all this spring.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.