Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree79Likes

Buy / Sell

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 3.59 average.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default 12L4 RTWin

Hey Guys,

Trying to part with my ASC RC12L4 car. Currently setup for Stock and dialed in.

Will sell basically ready to put on the track. Servo (Hitec 225MG), ESC (LRP Q2), battery and motor. Will also include a brand new shell. All this for $220

Can also include an MX3 radio and rx's to make it truely ready to Win...I mean run

PM for details, willing to take offers as well.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
If I needed another touring car, I would definitely buy one of the two. Jim and Greg’s second-hand stuff is top notch. I’ve purchased from them both before. You will not find better taken care of car and for a great price too!

Ivan
Ivan, you should really replace your TC (tractor car) with one of these fine machines. I'll eat my left shoe if you pick up one of these and don't gain a full lap.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc pete
TC (tractor car)
hehehehe!.....sorry Crush

Last edited by pcar951; 11-16-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Updated WTB list

Hi there,

Got an BL system now, but still need a 2.4 spektrum receiver and steering servo for my tamiya build (tb03d). If you have one or both to sell, drop me a note and it's a quick sale.

Thx
Steph
(in BC)
Old 11-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ivan, you should really replace your TC (tractor car) with one of these fine machines. I'll eat my left shoe if you pick up one of these and don't gain a full lap.
Ivan, buy one and sandbag!!! I want to see Pete eat his left shoe
Old 11-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Funny Pete. Funny. Wouldn’t mind seeing you eat leather though.

Next, you’ll tell me I need to go brushless and buy new batteries!

Currently looking for a WGT package deal though. Anyone?

Ivan
Old 11-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

When your batteries are half an inch thicker than they should be because they've swelled so bad, you do need new batteries. And this is not a joke. Continuing to charge batteries such as this is a very high risk thing. They won't explode but when they ignite (with these batteries there is no if, only a when), they will take out your electronics and possibly whoever is pitting beside you, including pit tables and maybe what is on them. Now if it happens on the track that they decide to let go, the racing will be put on hold indefinatley because the club, at this point, can not afford to replace the carpet that you burnt up.

What's better, a couple hundred bucks on some new cell's or everyone hating you because you took something away, and having to spend a whole lot more money replacing all of your electronics and the electronics, i.e. chargers and power supplies, of the people sitting beside you?

Just a thought Ivan, but one you should REALLY think about.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

As for the ½ inch swelling, now you’re exaggerating Scott. The case edges expanding a mm or two maybe. However, as someone I respect and frequently ask for information, your comments on Sunday during the lights set-up, I’ve already decided to not use the slightly swollen lipo in question. Over the summer, I did have a lipo swell up significantly after a severe T-bone that I asked for info how to get rid of it and Jeff Cohen posted how to. I discharged it using 1 amp which took many short sessions of hours to 1.0 volt per cell and I shorted them until no voltage resulted. I’ll do the same with the current lipo in question.

I may not appear to take good care of my equipment in general because I just don’t have time to take stuff apart and clean them religiously, but I do actually try to keep my electronic stuff in good shape…….ample power supply (35Amp) to charge at 1C (always), with lipo bag (always) and with a balancer. Does everyone do this?

Thanks again for the warning and I do take safety seriously after seeing Stu almost seriously get hurt with those nimh cells last year. I do suggest maybe one night some of the execs of the club go around and check on everyone’s equipment and see if there are in any safety violation. Just a suggestion.

Have a great day!

Ivan

Ps. Jim you got any batteries for sale?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

And Ivan, yes I was exagerating. And I really didn't mean for it to come across as a "slam Ivan" post. But it can be a serious thing if a LiPo battery does get the point of extreme swelling.

I know you do the best to look after the equipment you have with the time that you have. We just like telling you to rebuild those 8 position clickers you call differentials because it's fun.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
And Ivan, yes I was exagerating. And I really didn't mean for it to come across as a "slam Ivan" post. But it can be a serious thing if a LiPo battery does get the point of extreme swelling.

I know you do the best to look after the equipment you have with the time that you have. We just like telling you to rebuild those 8 position clickers you call differentials because it's fun.
Just think how far ahead he would be with new equipment... He seems to do quite well with 8 position clicker diffs...
Old 11-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Back to thread....

Current WTB list: 10r5 package deal

Thanks,

Ivan

Last edited by BoneCrusher; 11-17-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOLZ and here i thought this was a thread for selling stuff.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hprt
Just think how far ahead he would be with new equipment... He seems to do quite well with 8 position clicker diffs...
I know. I couldn't drive Ivan's car any faster than he could, and was pushing it around pretty good. My "eat left shoe" offer stands.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Ivan, buy Greg's car NOW! Or I'll buy if for you and charge you double!
Old 11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

Looking for Hudy 1/10 touring car setup station.
Anybody want to sell one????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 3.59 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.