Old 10-04-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Chris, yep I'm going to.

Everyone is going to be racing 19 turn this weekend. Should be fun

Dave
Old 10-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mmmmm yess Fresh motor for a good race.BRING IT!!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 08:19 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hey Chrisman I was in burnaby last sat and sunday,
saturday was clear and sunday was foggy morning in burnaby but surrey was raining the morning
Did you guy race later or noon the day?
Old 10-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hellooo......

Another good weekend of racin.Started a little late but it was good fun after all.19 turn...A main first 3 position,secured by 3 Tamiyas... 2 EVIL EvoIII ,1 EVOIIIS and EVoIII rules...followed by 1 TRF414M2.. Mr TRF (RCSPEEDO) driver.... TQ was topped by Korgae but car had problem followed by Speedy WhoopAss...has humungus!!...power..DANM!!!

Stk....was awesome too..Putnam power to the rescue..lol.
Jesse sure has lotta power...battery is another issue for run time..lol.Close racing with Frank..I think it's been a while for Franky there for some presured excitement...lol.
It was all lotta fun and close racing was good.

The Bill Chill is going to be a good race.Lotta EVIL Evos ready for actions. Foam tires are going to be outta stk soon...lol.You know what u need bring them.It'll be very competitive racing..can't wait till the day.

Hey RCSPEEDO,
Give me a shout...841-8868.Maybe get u outta that M2 of yours.Be on the EVIL sides...lol.We need to work out the time when we are setting up the track and pratice.I got that Friday off..

Who else is running F201?.......I'm debating on STK and Mod.I want competition....lol

I'm getting the Big Chill already....................
Old 10-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

OVA....I didn't race last weekend..But the other boys did.It was good fun too...Little bit foggy but all good racing that day.You missed another one just today.You should have show up for the 19 turn runs...nobody was running mod but big turn out on 19T and STK.

Call Overgeared for updated details on the coming up weekend.It maybe indoor but not set yet.You coming up for the Big Chill?
Old 10-05-2003, 08:44 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

why didn't I call you this morning I could have being there racing
Well I tell you what ...Give franky alttle more time to get his XXX-S working good and there will be door to door racing I'm coming up again and I'll be looking for you
Old 10-05-2003, 08:47 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

I like to come up to the big Chill but I want to race my XXXT in the gold cup race later Oct
Old 10-05-2003, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone else having problems with the front pinion gear spinning on the shaft on their EVO3's ??

and if so, any fixes?
Old 10-06-2003, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Korey,

You definitely should go to mod (GT1). It's open man! I believe Dan and Peter have signed up already. I can sign you up, confim this with me through email. We gotta get more EVOIII in GT1 and see who would run supreme in shaft!

I will be running GT1 and my F201.

Also, Dan and Peter will be staying at a hotel near the race. LMK so I can hook you up too, same as with you OVA (Franko). The rates there will be cheaper.

As for the track, it's carpet with a smooth layout., very nice to run on.

Hope to see you guys there!

Chrisman - I'll call you later this week.

Old 10-06-2003, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

just to confirm, yes, i will be coming up to race at the big chill.

but i am wondering how having heads up quals is going to work... isn't this kind of a cut throat form of qualifying i think that staggered start with qual points would be much better.

also, what about a 12th class. do you guys not run 12th..? if not i will just be running touring car.

by the way tristan, good luck with tamiya, tom wright is one of the coolest guys and you are lucky to have him support you.

peter
Old 10-06-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have to agree with Peter. Why not just use the staggered starting?

Colin
Old 10-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Peter,

I have signed up both you and Dan in GT1. No motor limit. Sorry, no 12th scale.

I have talked to Tom a few times and he is a nice guy, he was honest in our discussions and gave me advices. I am lucky to be supported by him.

As for the qualifying, we have ran this during the Sunday club race and everybody liked this. It is a heads - up but you are running against the clock and each other to get a good grid position. It's like the races are all mains, but you have a chance to move up to the grid on the next race if you do good for that race. It also makes it more competetive, you not only have to get a good fast line on the track but also have skill to pass cars in front of you. This will also make the race more entertaining and exciting to watch for the spectators.
As for a concern about hacking, there will be people assigned to watch out for this, and we did hand out penalties before when we had the Smackdown. Also, the commentating have been excellent in our races, informing both drivers and spectators on what is happening on the race.

Old 10-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

We where going to run it like the Tamiya races. On a points system. But some guys can only make it on sunday so we went to qualifying. But to make it more exciting for the spectators we are going to do it heads up. First round will be from the grid sheet. The second round will be reversed grid sheet. Then a resort. And we will do the same way again. Maybe going to a points system for qualifying. It might get the rocket round out of it. But it could only use 2 of the qualifying rounds to help out the guys that can only make it for sunday.

Dan and Peter, glad to hear you guys are coming up for the race.

Dave
Old 10-06-2003, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

rcspeedo: Is there a part store on site? Can we run Paragon? What kind of borders do you use for the track ie pipes or boards? Thanks
Old 10-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

No store but Overgeared and One Stop will be bring lots of parts with them. Any traction compound. 2 X 4s to serperate the straight from the infeild. And probably fire hose for the infeild. With a few boards where needed. And corner dots that make good jumps if you hit them right. Good for passing that guy that just won't move over.

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.