Wiki Posts
Search

2004 Canadian Asphalt Invitational

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2004 Asphalt Outlaw Nationals

I'm starting this thread in anticipation of John and I posting details as they become available. So far we have a very tentative date of August 20th - 22nd in Edmonton. Of course there will be Touring Electric and Nitro... with other potential classes TBD. When Doug was out East (or talking to someone out there) the guys expressed a lot of interest in coming out for a big race here (after they saw pics of the track.) This date is 2 weeks after the "Nationals" out East (also a non-offical race) - but apparently they still want to come out here.

This will be a NON-ROAR event. Exactly what rules (if any HA HA) are TBD - one thing is for sure they will be very simple so that we spend more time racing and less time teching.

This will be HUGE... we are hoping to get folks from all over Canada and the NW USA like we did for the Roar Nationals. We WILL NOT be having spec motors and tires. We'll be capping entries (likely at 150.)

... more details to follow once we get started on planning. Just wanted to get the ideas flowing and have plenty of advanced notice for out-of-towners. We'll be trying to get the plans done ASAP and get entry forms out East and down to the USA soon. We're also going to be putting together a case to try and convince some of the factory teams to send their drivers...
Old 09-12-2003, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Classes?:
19 turn 1/10 TC
Mod 1/10 TC (10 turn limit)
gas 1/10 TC
gas 1/8

Tires?
Foam for gas
Rubber for electric
Old 09-15-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is there a 19T locked-endbell motor avialable? If not I would drop 19T because it will be hard to quickly tech it...

Other than that, those classes look good.

Tires - I agree.

1/8 bodies - all bodies are legal. Open class, all .21 motors are legal.

Gas - all gas vehicles must demonstrate a working TRS. 1/8 gas should have failsafe mandatory too IMO.

John - I'll start on an entry form we can distribute.

Now we need a list of all our standard tasks... plus we need to decide which teams we're going to call on...
Old 09-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Chris,
Let's hook up for coffee one night in the next two weeks and do some planning. Let me know when and where and I'll try to make it work. Give me a call. 470 4489
Old 09-25-2003, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Some things you should know:
1. This event will be renamed, The Canadian Asphalt Invitational.
2. Dates for the race are August 19-22, 2004
3. Race to be held in Edmonton on our beautiful, permanent, asphalt track.
4. Controlled practice on the 19th
5. Qual Points qualifying on the 20th and 21st
6. Classes will be 1/10th T.C. Mod Electric (10 turn motor limit), 1/10th T.C. Nitro, 1/8th On Road Open.
7. Electric to run rubber tires and all nitro to run foam.
8. $30.00 for first class and $20.00 for second class.
9. Limit of two classes per driver.
10. $100.00 for TQ in each of the three categories and $100.00 for an A Main win in each of the three categories.
11. Raffle for a Nitro T.C, .21 Nitro Engine and a .12 Nitro Engine.
12. Prizes, trophies and beautiful women (if Christie comes and brings some friends!!! LOL)
13. We are capping the event to 150 entries.
14. Rules and entry forms will be finalized by November 30th, 2003.
15. Dedicated website to be ready for registration and rules/ information to be ready and running by November 30th, 2003.

Some things we hope to accomplish:
1. Have the best racers from across Canada attend.
2. Have at least one “Big Name” driver in attendance.
3. Have media coverage; TV, news paper and magazine.
4. Make this race the race to attend in Canada annually.
5. Further promote Edmonton’s on road club (N.A.S.C.A.R.)
Old 10-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

John - have the invites gone out the Canadian racers? Have you got all the club names/info you need?

Team requests have been going out at about 2 a day by fax... I have not had any responses yet - hopefully in a week or 2.

I think we should mail some of the big-name guys directly too... and the clubs in the Northwestern US.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:12 PM

i've asked barry baker ha ha..... but he said its not up to them its up to associated
Old 11-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

What do you think about adding a 1/10 outlaw class?

I was thinking if Magma are willing to sponsor we could have spec rubber for TC and Nitro TC (with Roar motors) and add a Open .12 class with open bodies, engines and tires ... I think we can fit 4 classes in and it would be fun as well as make the Nitro TC class very competitive... Open TC would be wicked fast

Also - I think we should go ahead with Magma if they are willing. I have been contacting the various other sponsors and they are all willing to donate prizes etc - but they won't commit team drivers until next year... if we go ahead with Magma then we'll have a main sponsor and we can continue to work on the team drivers.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

is magma requiring a spec tire in both gas and electric?
Old 12-05-2003, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Korgae - Magna won't be involved.

Just so everyone knows we have confirmed Paul Lemieux to attend the race (team Losi.)

Other big names are in the works - as well as all the top talent from across Canada!
Old 12-05-2003, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Is there a website yet? i seen there was one to be up by nov30.. also what happened to 19touring? a spec rubber tire isnt a bad idea as long as you pick it soon enough it gives everyone time to get the tires they need . this will help lower the amount of tires people will have to have and bring ,as well levels the play field for the guy that doesnt have every tire insert combo. tires play a big part in it and for us that have never been to the track have no idea what will work for the temp of the track and our driving.

this is just my .02 but i do think it will help alot .

Last edited by snopro31; 12-05-2003 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

We decided not to go with a spec tire. As far as tires go I think the consensus from everyone who's been racing here for 4+ years is that the 138G's all around are the way to go for electric. All the racers here are willing to share setups and tire info to make it as fair as possible for out of towners The problem with spec tires as always is the huge amount of teching involved... its just brutal to do that much teching... we'd all rather just run Also it was felt that we (the club) weren't getting a good enough deal on spec tires to make it worth while to put in the extra effort.

There won't be a 19T class - just mod. Unless of course a lot of folks say they want a 19T class then we might consider it. So if folks are interested in 19T then drop a post here and we'll see what the interest looks like.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Website this weekend - I got busy ... its basically ready to go now. I just have t register a name for it
Old 12-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I understand about the tires. for 19 i was just hopeing to have 2 class's to run with one car its to hard to travel with nitros and electrics. not a big deal we can try and make room for both if we have to .
Old 12-05-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

I would like to see a 19 turn class.

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.