Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Kamloops Fall Touring Car Classic, Sept.12 to 14

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Hey all,
Thx to everyone who made it out to race, especially those who traveled. I can appreciate the time and financial commitment it takes. I had a blast. eight races on sat. and 4 on sun. wow. thx Doug, for doing a fantastic job directing. I really enjoyed racing with everyone and getting to know people. thx. also, thx to everyone who helped me out with advice or whatever.

I'm open to whatever date, Jason, as long as it is one that is convenient and open for the majority of people.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Giuseppe

Thoughts on moving the event more into the summer? We used to hold it Aug Long Weekend, weather is great (no rain ). Let get some input now please.

As an "out of towner" I'd vote that it stays on the timetable it already is. Fall is a great time to travel and the event is a great pseudo-ending to the outdoor season.

I can't speak for anyone else, but getting away for a racing weekend in the fall is a lot easier than getting away during the busy summer months.

Thanks for '08, see you in '09!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Giuseppe
Thoughts on moving the event more into the summer? We used to hold it Aug Long Weekend, weather is great (no rain ). Let get some input now please.
If you move it to the long weekend in Aug you stand to lose all the IROCC guys attending as that's the weekend that IROCC holds it' Central Saanich Days - Race.

Maybe the long weekend in Sept might be a better choice.

-=light=-
Old 09-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Kamloops is the begining of an end..... End of outdoor season, begining of indoor season........... Will be real tuff to get away for a weekend in the summer months. Besides I left Calgary with a Ski Jacket and boots on and arived in Kamloops and had to put shorts and sandals on. Talk about a weather change! Don't change it. Just my opinion, but I am only guy. Do what ya gotta do. See ya next year

Tom