Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OGR CARPET RACING SCHEDULE 2006

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

And also if you wana run nitro indoor then maybe you should go to peel it, O wait there carpet is still down because its still carpet season. Also around here we can run outdoor 7 months of the year, what more do you want.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

As for your comment on the growth of racing and the hobby, you obvioslly now very little about this type of racing and the lack of your participation is doing nothing to help the hobby grow.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Initiate

You really don't get it. First as far as nitro goes i was talking about outdoors. How can any racing prosper when those that do not own a Tamiya can only run 1 class in TC.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:03 AM
Tech Regular

Okay lets make this clear. TCS is a Tamiya only race that is held across canada, across north america, and across the world. This is NOT a club race. You do not have to participate. But for thous who wish to, there is a extreme class that you can run. I have run TCS in toronto and seattle and both are a tamiya only race. this is the only club that offers a class for others to participate. This year a few stock die hards tried 19t for the first time and loved it. Not to mention all the new minis out there. TCS has brought lots of new faces to racing and has done alot for the growth of the hobby. I think there was more minis out there than nitros, or maybe Im wrong.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Be nice to each other please, this is public forum.

I like to make one thing clear. OGR did not give up on nitro, we didn't even run outdoor last year except for TCS.

Nitro guy are always welcome at our club race in the summer when we actually run it.

and BTW I only see one class in nitro TC being offered at any club race where as electric has many class from beginer to pro!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah - I don't think there's much point hacking on one club or the other for putting on events that are worthwhile for them. The point is more that we just need to continue to encourage cooperation and so forth and see if we can accomodate all the racers as much as possible. That's what will help us to grow.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

I totally agree Trent. But its not about being worth while. I very much dought that any club is making money doing these races. Its more about doing it for the racers. But if the racers are at 2 differnent locations at the same time, it makes the race small. We are lucky to have a place to race in the first place period. And we are very lucky to have a event like the TCS come to town. VMAR has done a excellent job in the past and the present, and the future of the club looks promising. We need to stick together and support each other because in the end the racers make the race not the organizer. Theres no room in this small hobby to be bashing other clubs or events. Its a waste of time.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Enough said... We @ OGR like to thank all of the racers that had taken their time to race with us indoor during the Winter season. Hopefully, next year it be a bigger and better racing scene. As for now outdoor season had officially begun. We'll be posting some great events coming soon to your neighbourhood. Hope to see you all at the track. Thank you for all your support and we'll continue to bring racing to you.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I would like to thank the club for promoting the 06/07 season .After a 14 yr lay off from driving rc cars I was relieved to find out that things havent changed very much .The cost and the schedule of races in this series was very reasonable and the general driving performance of everybody is something to be proud of.I would personally like to thank a few select racers who were very welcoming and supportive , Bok Choi,Brian Black,Gord Barr,Rod Hall,Jesse,Alfred,Seb,and Trent.I will be back next season for sure with some new equipment and some more practice to mix it up with the lot of you.Please dont change anything.I was wondering if the brushless equivalent for 19T will be allowed next year?,if so could the OGR could post the accepted motors on the web site like the Novak 10.5 system and many others.I would like to run brushless in TC but I will still run brushed in 12th scale.Again a big thank you to all the racers who came out the OGR series.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default mini batteries

Ok, there's one thing that's bugging me about the TCS this year and I just have to get it off my chest. I'm VERY much in favour of opening up mini to use something other than the blue p.o.s. peak batteries. They suck in every possible way. But, making the alternative something that isn't readily available on the market is just plain wrong. The battery chosen could have been any unmatched gp 3300 pack, or any one of a number of branded packs. But choosing the much more packs, which Keith seems unable to get in and aren't supplied by anyone else, is simply stupid. It insures that the few people who were lucky enough to get a pack or two have a massive advantage over those who didn't and that's just unfair.

As a result my plan for this next race is as follows:

1) if everyone else runs blue crap packs so will I
2) if some people are running the MM packs then I'm going to run my 2 year old gp 3300s, unless keith actually has some MM packs in stock in which case I'll gladly buy a couple.
3) if no MM packs are forth comming and the rule about only MM packs is going to be strictly enforced then I won't race. On the one hand, I don't really care all that much about winning, I'm just there to have fun. But on the other hand, it's a lot less fun when the game is rigged.

I don't mean to cause trouble, but this is just bugging me too much to keep my mouth shut :P

Cheers
Old 05-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Hi,

We still have one pack of GP3300 in stock!If you want more than one pack,you can go to INDY HOBBY.I think they still have some in stock!

Thanks
Keith