Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IROCC Speed Weekend 2006 Summer Touring Car Trophy Race - Victoria BC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks a lot for a great race guys! It was a ton of fun. I managed to crawl up the ranks a bit this summer, and I'll be back for more mayhem next year for sure.

A pat on the back to the organizers and all of the IROCC club. I really think you guys have a great thing going in Victoria. Keep up the good work, and best wishes to all of the members.

Also, a special thanks to everyone that was running T! Power on the weekend. We managed to get quite a few guys into those A-mains running the motors, and that makes me very happy. I hope you guys have continued success with the motors, and as always, if I can be of any help just let me know.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Franko....the CAI race in Edmonton in August
www.edmontonrc.com
Old 07-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks like Mike Watson's mission to spank his buddy Glen was accomplished with flying colours!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 05:21 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tandman
Franko....the CAI race in Edmonton in August
www.edmontonrc.com
Hmmmm
Old 07-18-2006, 05:26 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Default CAI

CAI having the 12th scale class this year??
What Motor 19t,mod , stock??
Old 07-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

12th scale is open motor.....bring on the 7 turn
Old 07-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for running such a great race and for being such great host's.Also wanted to thank Jarred for pitting for me.His pitting kept me in the dog fight even though I had problems.Gauranteed to be there next year.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:34 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tandman
12th scale is open motor.....bring on the 7 turn
what 7 TURN yike any batteries
Old 07-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jjmudd
Looks like Mike Watson's mission to spank his buddy Glen was accomplished with flying colours!!!!
That it was, thanks to our two bump-up rule! In stock, Mike qualified 4th in the D, managed to pull off a 2nd place finish, then bumped to the C where Glenn was on pole. Only then did he manage to spank Glenn by less than a second! Judging by comments I see on the CAI thread, it looks like you Edmonton boys like to spank each other when you're really close!

It wasn't as close in gas though; Glenn's normally ultra-reliable nitro car sat out for close to a minute in the B, dropping him just out of the bumps to run with Mike in the A. It would have been interesting if Glenn could have returned the favor. He would have too I'm sure had the winner of the B not had such horrible reliability in qualifying, since the B winner is normally pretty fast when his car isn't on the starter box!

I sense a show down in Edmonton coming up!
Old 07-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom!
Judging by comments I see on the CAI thread, it looks like you Edmonton boys like to spank each other when you're really close!

I sense a show down in Edmonton coming up!
I can't really speak for anyone else...but Mike seems to like when I spank him!!! lol
John
Old 07-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would like to see a write-up of the racing action so everybody can re-live the great racing action that we had last weekend. We've already generated a cool slide-show, and we'll be making other cool content in the coming days.

Please e-mail me ([email protected]) a synopsys of what happend in your main that was exciting, sucked, or rocked, complete with names of racers to the best of your knowledge. Also include points of interest from other races that you saw; just because it wasn't in your race doesn't mean that it's something that I noticed or someone will tell me.

Be sure to include which race it was (class and main letter).

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone who is planning on attending this event should get their entry forms in soon. Or at least express their intentions of coming so that the hard working chaps have an idea of the kind of numbers they need to cater for and their budget. This is the only time this year that most canadians will have the opportunity to pit their R/C wit against the likes of Barry Baker or Todd Hodge on Canadian Soil. The track Facility is great and the organization of the event is world class. There is no spec tire so you have the opportunity to run your fave shoes and save some cash too. Support the event being held at one of North Americas Finest On Road tracks.

GS
Innovative Axiom Racing
www.axiommotors.com
[email protected]
403-875-6866