Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Irvine Lake RC Park Officially Re-Opens 1/10/15!! >

Irvine Lake RC Park Officially Re-Opens 1/10/15!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Irvine Lake RC Park Officially Re-Opens 1/10/15!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 01:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Irvine Lake RC Park Officially Re-Opens 1/10/15!!

Hey Guys,

I just want to announce that this weekend 1/10/15 - 1/11/15 is our official opener as the new owners. We have spent weeks bringing in truck loads of new clay, building and sculpting the old 1/5th scale track. The new layout is now done and it's really nice. It has a lot off jumps, as well as high speed and technical sections. The 1/5th scale track is open to all scale sizes to run on.

To add to the complex, in the next few months we will start construction of a dedicated 1/8th scale track. We will also be purchasing a large commercial generator for power, building pit tables, and a cleaning area with water and air.

Our existing 1/10th scale track will also be getting improvements. We will be re-sculpting the track, and building a new drivers stand.

We have a grand vision for the complex. We hope you guys will see the ongoing improvements and continue to support the track. We are open to all suggestions so please feel free to PM me or send us a message on our facebook or website.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/irvinelakercpark

Website: www.irvinelakercpark.com Pictures of the new layout are not on our website yet. We will post them soon.

Hope to see some new faces this weekend!!

Jason
BTP RC Racing Group LLC.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Id like to see pictures and on going information also here on rc tech... As in the past there werent very much info shared except on facebook ... look foward to running 5th there again ...
Old 01-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mb racer
Id like to see pictures and on going information also here on rc tech... As in the past there werent very much info shared except on facebook ... look foward to running 5th there again ...
I have every intention of doing just that. This weekend we will be taking pictures and video of the track. I will post that information as soon as I have it. The track used to be managed by the lake and it wasn't a priority for them to promote the track. As one of the new owners, I will do my best to keep this forum thread updated. As I said in my original post, we have a grand plan for the complex, so the upgrades will be ongoing for quite some time.

Thank you for your past support and I hope you come visit the track again soon to see our progress.

Jason
Old 01-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Bump! Hope to see some new faces this weekend!
Old 01-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys,

Thank you to anyone that came out to support our re-opening. We had a pretty good turnout on Saturday. We heard some people had planned on coming out Sunday, I apologize we had to close due to rain. The comments on Saturday we very positive. It's nice to hear all of our hard work paid off. A few people have posted video's on youtube of the new layout. We also updated our facebook and website. Here are the youtube links again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaWUzvDtgoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMw-KIKUHY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8oQKJdJMh0

The rain on Sunday caused a bit of flooding on the track, so we are in the process of pumping it out and fixing any issues it caused. We are also going to be making a few small changes on the track over the next few weeks thanks to some suggestions we received.

Hope to see more new faces this coming weekend.

Jason
Old 01-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Bump!! In case some people missed the news, we are back open this weekend. Come check out the new layout.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

The track looks amazing, nice work guys! Btw, I can't believe how low Irvine Lake's water level is.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by beedee
The track looks amazing, nice work guys! Btw, I can't believe how low Irvine Lake's water level is.
Thanks for the compliment! Taking over as new owners has been a lot of hard work and there's A LOT more to come. The plan is non-stop improvements for at least the next yr or so.

Believe it or not, the water level in the lake was quite a bit lower a few weeks ago. I think it's risen 10 vertical feet lately. I heard they pumped some water in from Lake Mathew.

Stop by when you can and say hello!

Jason
Old 01-28-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys,

I wanted to keep my promise and update everyone as to what's going on at the track.......

The last 2 weeks have been awesome! We've had a nice turnout each weekend and we've seen a lot of new faces. It seems the news is getting out that we are committed to this project and you guys are happy to see it happen. Some exciting news to report for those that didn't already see it. The Orange County Register did a fantastic article about the track complex. It was featured in last sundays newspaper. It was a full page titled "Back on Track". I believe it was just a few pages back from the front page.

There is also a web article available to read here: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-649185--.html

It's nicely written and I believe it helps give readers a sense of what's going on and our future plans.

I mentioned in one of my last posts we would be investing in a large commercial diesel generator. I'm happy to report we now have it one site and it's ready to use. For now, all drivers will need to bring extension cords, but in the future, when our pit tables are built, we will have power available at every pit spot.

One last thing, we have started making improvements to the existing 1/10th - 1/8th scale track. We hope in the coming weeks we can erect some type of new drivers stand and possibly enlarge the track just a bit. Please come on out with a 1/10th or 1/8th scale and give us some suggestions.

Again, thank you guys for all your support and we look forward to seeing you guys at the track! Remember, Saturday and Sunday now, 8am to 4pm.

Jason
Beginner to Pro RC Racing Group LLC.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Just a reminder...... we are open 8am - 4pm Saturday and Sunday. It's great to see all the new faces. Hope to see more this weekend!
Old 03-10-2015, 12:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any updates on the 10th scale track? I haven't been up there in a few years. What tires work well there?
Old 03-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

We are just starting to make improvements to the 1/10th scale track. We just brought in some dirt to layer and clean up the track. We are also planning the make some changes to improve the drivers stand. We are also working with the group from XRCO https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xtrem...15326718741750 to incorporate option lanes into the track in order to run rock racing. Hopefully a lot of new changes will come shortly.

As far as tires, right now I honestly don't have a recommendation for you. Most guys run a more aggressive tire since the track isn't "race ready" yet.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Went to the track on Sunday for the first time. Had alot of fun out there with my 5T. Hopefully ill be going back next sunday