R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   California Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/california-racing-145/)
-   -   List of SoCal Tracks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/california-racing/754963-list-socal-tracks.html)

teamstrc 09-05-2013 01:36 PM

oh, one more for the R.I.P. category: California R/C Raceway in Anaheim. Charlie Suanka was doing the announcing and I was doing the hand scoring (no AMB transponders back then) it sucked when we do an enduro race....:deathstar

Steve

katana 09-05-2013 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by LRHHOBBIES.COM (Post 12518711)
I use to race at One Stop Hobbies. I was 16, man I am old. Anyone remember the announcer Hal? I think his name was Hal Sanguinetti. If anyone has his contact info, please forward. He was a cool kat. The track was so much fun. I also remember the owners trick Studebaker.

Yeah it was Hal that announced the races. I think you can find him on FB. One Stop was cool little place. I raced there when I was in my teen as well (and Yes we're old now:) ) I remember riding my bicycle with back pack full of my RC crap to practice and race there.
After One Stop closed for awhile there some group set up a track behind the warehouse further down the side street from there. I was out of the hobby by then but thought it was cool that some people continued on after One Stop closed.

RCBuddha 09-05-2013 04:35 PM

List updated. Did you guys want me to add the cities to the the RIP list?

edit: nm, added some of them, missing two or three.

RCBuddha 09-05-2013 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by silencery (Post 12513681)
Remember parking lot races at massie's? Awesome.

I do! For one summer, Steve Kimble and I ran the races. We used to hand count the cars as they drove by on an archaic windows laptop. :D:):lol:

RCBuddha 09-08-2013 03:55 PM

List Updated!

LRHHOBBIES.COM 09-09-2013 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by katana (Post 12518971)
Yeah it was Hal that announced the races. I think you can find him on FB. One Stop was cool little place. I raced there when I was in my teen as well (and Yes we're old now:) ) I remember riding my bicycle with back pack full of my RC crap to practice and race there.
After One Stop closed for awhile there some group set up a track behind the warehouse further down the side street from there. I was out of the hobby by then but thought it was cool that some people continued on after One Stop closed.

I actually found Hal on FB. Spent about an hour reminiscing the ole One Stop days and everyone that ran there. I use to go to One Stop with my brother and had a blast running my OM10 (10L). I actually still have the car. After One Stop I took a break because I got my drivers license and got into real cars and women. :sneaky:

I wouldn't be surprised if we know each other. Good times.

Slavens 09-11-2013 08:39 AM

I'm not even that old but i hit a lot of these tracks ....

Started out riding the bus from Fullerton to race at RCH in Costa Mesa in the early 90's the started to go to Yorba Linda Speedway then moved over the the first So Cal Raceway then out to MnM off Greenriver when they closed back to So Cal in HB then over to WC now when i do race it's IERC and soon to be the new LRH ... and these are just the list of "home" tracks... lol

F. Mendoza 09-11-2013 09:39 AM

Good call to put the cities on the RIP list. The list is looking impressive. Nice job RCBuddha.

RCBuddha 09-11-2013 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer (Post 12536178)
Good call to put the cities on the RIP list. The list is looking impressive. Nice job RCBuddha.

Thanks man!

RCBuddha 09-27-2013 10:56 PM

Added "Jerry Land Ranch".

Big Trol 10-11-2013 03:24 PM

You missed SDRC, indoor off road near San Diego in Miramar and R.I.P. Barona raceway, Barona (always rumors of resurrection) :tire::tire::tire::tire: ;) :nod:

RCBuddha 10-11-2013 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Big Trol (Post 12624226)
You missed SDRC, indoor off road near San Diego in Miramar

Sure about that? ;)

and R.I.P. Barona raceway, Barona (always rumors of resurrection) :tire::tire::tire::tire: ;) :nod:
Added.

Ctimrun 10-11-2013 05:31 PM

Hot Trax was in Huntington Beach not Westminster..... BTW great list!

RCBuddha 10-11-2013 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ctimrun (Post 12624477)
Hot Trax was in Huntington Beach not Westminster..... BTW great list!

Fixed. :)

Big Trol 10-12-2013 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by RCBuddha (Post 12624324)
Sure about that? ;)

OOPS..................... Sorry, good job. Great thread. :blush: ;) :nod:

Added.

There are vids from u tube on the SoCal RC forum that people dug out, if anyone didn't get out there, and want to check it out.