R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   California Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/california-racing-145/)
-   -   List of SoCal Tracks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/california-racing/754963-list-socal-tracks.html)

desertraton 09-02-2013 09:38 AM

With so many tracks, we need to go and support our local tracks. It's not good for track owners if the herd gets too small. They also need to find ways to get more people in the doors. They should have free or discounted race fees if you purchase goodies at their shop instead online sites.

Bajafand21 09-02-2013 09:19 PM

For all of you OC people and people in areas surrounding north OC just a reminder: LRH Hobbies in Placentia will be moving to a new, bigger facility just a mile from their current location. The move is happening in mid September so get ready for a new great track in OC!

-Shameless plug from a friend of LRH.

myrthdragon 09-03-2013 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by desertraton (Post 12507660)
With so many tracks, we need to go and support our local tracks. It's not good for track owners if the herd gets too small. They also need to find ways to get more people in the doors. They should have free or discounted race fees if you purchase goodies at their shop instead online sites.

I am already planning an 'RC Track Walkabout'. What is a 'RC Track Walkabout' you ask? A few years ago, a group of friends and I would do 'Hobby Shop Walkabouts', going to every hobby shop in SoCal in one day. It was a way to help all the shops at once. Well, my 'RC Track Walkabout' will be more about going to as many of the off-road tracks and spend the day or at least a few hours. With distances and time to run the track, it will take a while.

RCBuddha 09-03-2013 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by myrthdragon (Post 12510313)
I am already planning an 'RC Track Walkabout'. What is a 'RC Track Walkabout' you ask? A few years ago, a group of friends and I would do 'Hobby Shop Walkabouts', going to every hobby shop in SoCal in one day. It was a way to help all the shops at once. Well, my 'RC Track Walkabout' will be more about going to as many of the off-road tracks and spend the day or at least a few hours. With distances and time to run the track, it will take a while.

Funny...

My buddies and I used to go on a "Triumvirate" run. It consisted of Ultimate Hobbies, California R/C (I really miss that place) and Pegasus Hobbies. Occasionally we would stop at VIP hobbies, Speedtech Hobbies (when Steve owned it in Baldwin Park) Hobby Shack or Massies on the way home. Ah, the good o'l days. :)

silencery 09-03-2013 11:18 PM

Wow, Massies and Hobby Shack. Haven't heard those names in a long while. They're right up there with Ranch Pit Shop.

Remember parking lot races at massie's? Awesome.

RCBuddha 09-05-2013 08:36 AM

Any more additions to any of the lists? Anything you guys want to see added to each listing? YouTube videos? Pictures? Etc...

Dakar Dad 09-05-2013 09:12 AM

For the R.I.P - Tracks gone, but never forgotten area is:

Breakaway Raceway that was in Norco.

http://blaiswebcreations.com/rc/asse...buss_cards.gif

Fred Hubbard 09-05-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar Dad (Post 12517908)

Us Ventura RoadRunners are still around.

teamstrc 09-05-2013 11:12 AM

Not sure if this has been posted:

R.I.P. Hobby Masters Rowland Heights....this is where I started on-road racing. The father and son team ran a great shop across the street (Fi and Mike Velez) I learned a lot from those guys. Very cool folks and especially patient with annoying new comers (like I was)

Funny thing is 20 years later, I'm driving my son to school at the very same location I was racing as a kid. The principle was tripping out when I told him the story. :D

Steve

Francis M. 09-05-2013 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by teamstrc (Post 12518186)
Not sure if this has been posted:

R.I.P. Hobby Masters Rowland Heights....this is where I started on-road racing. The father and son team ran a great shop across the street (Fi and Mike Velez) I learned a lot from those guys. Very cool folks and especially patient with annoying new comers (like I was)

Funny thing is 20 years later, I'm driving my son to school at the very same location I was racing as a kid. The principle was tripping out when I told him the story. :D

Steve

That Place is the first time I saw touring cars being raced. My daughter also went to that school for kindergarden and I still take her to that school for their summer program.

beedee 09-05-2013 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar Dad (Post 12517908)

R.I.P. to One Stop Hobbies in Los Alamitos. I used to race there back in jr. high and into my freshman or sophomore year in high school. i think it closed down in 1991 or 1992?

F. Mendoza 09-05-2013 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by beedee (Post 12518478)
R.I.P. to One Stop Hobbies in Los Alamitos. I used to race there back in jr. high and into my freshman or sophomore year in high school. i think it closed down in 1991 or 1992?

It is on the list as One Stop Raceway, Los Alamitos. ;)

gee-dub 09-05-2013 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard (Post 12518039)
Us Ventura RoadRunners are still around.

Racer's Haven has been around continuously, as well, though with a somewhat recent name change with the third (I believe) owner since Martin's day: Martin -> Greg -> Frank -> Randy.

I always reminisce when seeing that business card image. Had many great times at many of those places.

LRHHOBBIES.COM 09-05-2013 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by beedee (Post 12518478)

I use to race at One Stop Hobbies. I was 16, man I am old. Anyone remember the announcer Hal? I think his name was Hal Sanguinetti. If anyone has his contact info, please forward. He was a cool kat. The track was so much fun. I also remember the owners trick Studebaker.

Fred Hubbard 09-05-2013 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by gee-dub (Post 12518655)
Racer's Haven has been around continuously, as well, though with a somewhat recent name change with the third (I believe) owner since Martin's day: Martin -> Greg -> Frank -> Randy.

I always reminisce when seeing that business card image. Had many great times at many of those places.

Yeah that track was awesome:nod: