Search

2013 JBRL Southern California Electric Offroad Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Track Pictures

We've been running the track dry recently, and it's starting to form a blue groove with only a few guys running on it. Tire choice should be the same as what I've posted before—blue groove tires and compounds.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
We've been running the track dry recently, and it's starting to form a blue groove with only a few guys running on it. Tire choice should be the same as what I've posted before—blue groove tires and compounds.

Track looks good! Looking forward to heading down there!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Please join us this Saturday September 14, 2013 @ Palm Desert R/C Raceway in Palm Desert, CA for round #7 of the JBRL electric series! The track will be available for practice on Friday September 13th from 1pm to 7pm for a $10 practice fee to paid to the track. On Saturday morning there will be practice from 6am to 8am, drivers meeting at 8am and racing begins at 8:30am. The JBRL crew will be on hand Friday for a few hours setting up and taking pre entries. Chris Marrale and crew have put in a lot of time and effort preparing a brand new layout for our JBRL racers and for that we thank them! This year we will be running the Palm Desert track dry for the event. That means they will be sweeping and blowing the track off periodically for consistency purposes. It will be extremely HOT this weekend in Palm Desert so watering the track would be kind of pointless. With the heat in mind please bring plenty of water and shade. Also, pit tables are limited so bring a table, chair, shade tent, extension cord and power strips. Dress light and be mindful of the weather and your physical condition. Palm Desert R/C Raceway is an amazing facility so we hope to see all of you out to support one of Southern California's best facilities! See you all this weekend!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

2 more days last 2 rounds lets do this!! How many people headed out to the desert this weekend?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bkautz
2 more days last 2 rounds lets do this!! How many people headed out to the desert this weekend?
Looking forward to it. Mounted some tires last night and bumped up the oils in my cars for the weather. Should be a great race. Palmdesert always helps to put on a good show.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
Looking forward to it. Mounted some tires last night and bumped up the oils in my cars for the weather. Should be a great race. Palmdesert always helps to put on a good show.
Casper I'm still a rookie driving and setting up what weight oil would you recommend for 17.5 short course big bore shocks with the temps going to be so high?
Old 09-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Casper I'm still a rookie driving and setting up what weight oil would you recommend for 17.5 short course big bore shocks with the temps going to be so high?
Where do you normally run?

For us indoor guys I typically go up 2.5-5wt from what we would normally run all around when I go outdoor in 100+ weather.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Where do you normally run?

For us indoor guys I typically go up 2.5-5wt from what we would normally run all around when I go outdoor in 100+ weather.
Mostly run indoor been at ADRC since it opened down the rd 5 mins from me. I am running 32.5 in the front the 30 in the rear currently
Old 09-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Mostly run indoor been at ADRC since it opened down the rd 5 mins from me. I am running 32.5 in the front the 30 in the rear currently
If you like how that feels I would expect you to need to go up at least 2.5wt all around for the heat we should see at Palm Desert. this should be the biggest change in adjusting for this track.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Great event at Palm Desert. Thanks to the track crew and everyone involved for a fun layout. Track held up great all event and traction was very good. Hopefully we can come back in cooler weather next year so more people will check out the great facility you guys have out there!

Last edited by Casper; 09-16-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Great event at Palmdale. Thanks to the track crew and everyone involved for a fun layout. Track held up great all event and traction was very good. Hopefully we can come back in cooler weather next year so more people will check out the great facility you guys have out there!
Wow Casper....the heat really did get to you! It was Palm Desert not Palmdale! HAHAHAH

Thanks JBRL crew for a nice race. The heat was bad but the racing was good. See everyone at the finals next month!!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Wow Casper....the heat really did get to you! It was Palm Desert not Palmdale! HAHAHAH

Thanks JBRL crew for a nice race. The heat was bad but the racing was good. See everyone at the finals next month!!!!
thanks Barry. Yeah still adding water back to my body! Brain was a little starved!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

1/8 Scale Buggy at Palm Desert Raceway Round 7 2013 JBRl Electric Series
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Pro 4 A Main at Palm Desert Raceway Round 7 2013 JBRl Electric Series
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Open 4wd Buggy A Main at Palm Desert Raceway Round 7 2013 JBRl Electric Series
+ YouTube Video

Pro 2 A Main at Palm Desert Raceway Round 7 2013 JBRl Electric Series
+ YouTube Video

Thanks for the copy of the results Jimmy.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dakar Dad
1/8 Scale Buggy at Palm Desert Raceway Round 7 2013 JBRl Electric Series

Thanks for the copy of the results Jimmy.
Thanks Martin as always.

Also, thanks to Jimmy and the crew for the great racing.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Points and results from Palm Desert are up on the web site. I will get podium pics up soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.