Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
** REDLANDS RACEWAY ** SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA'S NEXT LEVEL INDOOR RC RACING FACILITY ** >

** REDLANDS RACEWAY ** SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA'S NEXT LEVEL INDOOR RC RACING FACILITY **

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

** REDLANDS RACEWAY ** SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA'S NEXT LEVEL INDOOR RC RACING FACILITY **

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Brett,

What is the schedule of events for this Saturday? Hours, racing yes/no?

Todd
Saturday is practice from 11am to 10pm. Sunday 11am practice racing starts at 2PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Saturday is practice from 11am to 10pm. Sunday 11am practice racing starts at 2PM.
You going Saturday? If so any chance to save B and I a couple spots together? We won't be there until about 1ish as he has basketball.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

You going Saturday? If so any chance to save B and I a couple spots together? We won't be there until about 1ish as he has basketball.
I will be there with a couple spots for ya!! Looking forward to it!!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

I will be there with a couple spots for ya!! Looking forward to it!!
Nice thanks. We good with our WCRC tire selection?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nice ill see you then!! I hate going to tracks without my stuff it absolutely drives me crazy no being able to drive!! Why not come out Friday or Sunday to race?
I will be coming out Sunday and tuesdays since those are my nights off. I work fridays so no go then lol.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Racing Schedule & Track Change

We will be open this weekend Friday race @ 7 pm /Sat open practice/ Sunday Race 3pm and then we will be closed Monday for track change !
We will also be closing on Mondays from now on just an FYI
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cool we will see u tomorrow for a good night of racing.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Front page has been edited with all the latest news and details!! Most of all track change Monday!! Redlands Raceway will also be closed every Monday from here on out. Redlands Raceway will also be doing track changes every first Monday of every month to keep things fresh!!

Come out tomorrow racing starts at 7 should be a good crowd!!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

I understand this thread is not about other tracks in the IE but I am here to help the hobby! I have spent a lot or time at Airland and a good amount at Redlands. Not as much as I want at IE but they are all great tracks! The cool thing is they are all different surfaces and sizes catering to different classes but can accomidate all!! We are so lucky now in the IE we have all these tracks and need to support them now. Do our best to help out on track builds, give advice in a good way when needed and have fun!!

I would like to say all three of these track owners are very cool and wish the best for each and every track! We as racers need to do everything we can to bring more new racers into the hobby so all these tracks can grow to become a strong alliance in the IE TOGETHER!!!!

This will also be posted in the above respected tracks threads here on RCTech.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Went by for some practice today for the first time. This place is real nice. The track is awesome with great dirt and insane traction. The folks were great from the folks that run the place to all the racers. Great atmosphere and lots of fun.

Met some great new folks and ran a few laps with wheelman. Too bad my mod couldn't keep up with his stock :-)

I'll definitely be back.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had a blast today....can't wait till tomorrow
Old 10-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

I understand this thread is not about other tracks in the IE but I am here to help the hobby! I have spent a lot or time at Airland and a good amount at Redlands. Not as much as I want at IE but they are all great tracks! The cool thing is they are all different surfaces and sizes catering to different classes but can accomidate all!! We are so lucky now in the IE we have all these tracks and need to support them now. Do our best to help out on track builds, give advice in a good way when needed and have fun!!

I would like to say all three of these track owners are very cool and wish the best for each and every track! We as racers need to do everything we can to bring more new racers into the hobby so all these tracks can grow to become a strong alliance in the IE TOGETHER!!!!

This will also be posted in the above respected tracks threads here on RCTech.
Well said. I would just like to elaborate on a quick subject.... Pricing.

While it may be none of my business to 'complain' about the pricing of club racing, I have to bring it up.

From what I understand, a couple of the new tracks are charging $15-20 for the first class of racing, and $10 ish for the second class. I have a couple of buddies that I've been talking to about coming out with me to the local indoor tracks, and they always freak out on the price of racing. It's easy for a single(or married with no kids) guy to come out and race for a quick $20. But I have a buddy of mine who has 3 boys that all drive RC. For him to come out for a club race would cost him $80+. We need to figure out some sort of 'adult pays, kids race free' deal or something. Get the whole family out there. Family comes out, brings the neighbor kids, they get bit by the 'rc bug', and our hobby grows. It is our responsibility as racers to help the community grow, but it has to make economic sense.

I overheard from a customer at a local hobby shop the other day that "we had a fun race night, but there was only 5 or 6 of us to race". From my math, 5-6 people racing @ $20 per person is $100-$120 for the track. I bet that doesn't even come close to covering ANY of the expenses. If the racing fee was half that price, I bet that there would be 3-4 times that amount of entries. I could be wrong, but it's just an idea.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

About the kid pricing thing... I am really curious too. I have 3 kids 2 of them already go around with me and there is another one who wants to give it a go.
Now, that would be 4 of us... for practice... it is doable. For racing.... I cringe at the idea (probably another month or so before we get there).
Old 10-07-2012, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Went by for some practice today for the first time. This place is real nice. The track is awesome with great dirt and insane traction. The folks were great from the folks that run the place to all the racers. Great atmosphere and lots of fun.

Met some great new folks and ran a few laps with wheelman. Too bad my mod couldn't keep up with his stock :-)

I'll definitely be back.
Glad you like the place bud!!! Your an awesome guy wish we lived closer!! I appreciate you making the trip out and I can't wait until next time! And that mod car of yours... wow... dialed!!
Originally Posted by Doitinthedirt
Had a blast today....can't wait till tomorrow
Ill try to make it tomorrow But have some chores to get done first . Want to do them for me? And thanks again for the trade today glad it worked out for us... and Rosa!!
Originally Posted by CuznAndy
Well said. I would just like to elaborate on a quick subject.... Pricing.

While it may be none of my business to 'complain' about the pricing of club racing, I have to bring it up.

From what I understand, a couple of the new tracks are charging $15-20 for the first class of racing, and $10 ish for the second class. I have a couple of buddies that I've been talking to about coming out with me to the local indoor tracks, and they always freak out on the price of racing. It's easy for a single(or married with no kids) guy to come out and race for a quick $20. But I have a buddy of mine who has 3 boys that all drive RC. For him to come out for a club race would cost him $80+. We need to figure out some sort of 'adult pays, kids race free' deal or something. Get the whole family out there. Family comes out, brings the neighbor kids, they get bit by the 'rc bug', and our hobby grows. It is our responsibility as racers to help the community grow, but it has to make economic sense.

I overheard from a customer at a local hobby shop the other day that "we had a fun race night, but there was only 5 or 6 of us to race". From my math, 5-6 people racing @ $20 per person is $100-$120 for the track. I bet that doesn't even come close to covering ANY of the expenses. If the racing fee was half that price, I bet that there would be 3-4 times that amount of entries. I could be wrong, but it's just an idea.
That's good you bring things like this up this is what makes tracks better!! I completely see where you are coming from and why not have a kids menu huh? Everywhere else does! Ill talk to Nick tomorrow and do my best to get kids pricing going!

On a lighter note you need to get your ass down here and have some fun!! Im getting the new SC buggy from Associated just for you buddy!! im coming for you!! We're doing a track change Monday by the way.
Originally Posted by bored117
About the kid pricing thing... I am really curious too. I have 3 kids 2 of them already go around with me and there is another one who wants to give it a go.
Now, that would be 4 of us... for practice... it is doable. For racing.... I cringe at the idea (probably another month or so before we get there).
Come on down hopefully there will be kids pricing in the near future!

Sunday is the last day to run this Supercross style layout so come on down and practice or race if you wish!!

New layout going in Monday!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Revised Pricing

New pricing to help with the hard times.... Adults Will Pay Membership Pricing
$15 first car
$10 second car
$5 third car

Kids 12 and under race for $12

Don't forget that Sunday we have football on all TV's......
Any question call 909-799-00RC
New track Coming Monday !!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.