Wiki Posts
Search

Force 10 Raceway Temecula Valley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Would any modern American muscle car work for promod trans am? Hpi as a great amount of classic and modern muscle! I found some great deals on eBay for a '97 vette!

Last edited by RC Passion; 04-05-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC Passion
Would any modern American muscle car work for promod transfer am? Hpi as a great amount of classic and modern muscle! I found some great deals on eBay for a '97 vette!
We're trying to make this more like the VTA class but without the motor and tire limits. Modern muscle just wouldn't really fit. I know HPI has a ton of bodies that would work and have no problem with their 1960-1970 era bodies. I might even consider an 80's vette but anything after that is just a bit too new.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Robotech
No worries Jimmy. Getting ready for the race on the 14th has kept me pretty busy anyway. Hope you guys can make it out as it's going to be one heck of an event.
Long Beach GP is this weekend... Sorry not going to make it.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Long Beach GP is this weekend... Sorry not going to make it.
Yea I know...wish I could make the LBGP but this is a packed month. Too bad as I got some special hardware for this race...

First, for ProMod Trans Am:

Then, for GT10:

Then Le Mans (Sorry for the bit of a blurry picture):

And now F1...

The first place trophy is glass and the 2nd and 3rd are acrylic. The first place trophy also comes with this slick box...
Old 04-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Robotech,this up coming race is getting exciting rain or shine.With your permission I'd like to request a gentlemen's agreement in regards to the Pro Mod Trans Am Class.I've tried setting up my HPI '68' mustang 200mm body with 24mm wheels since you state it's open tires and wheels.It' just don't look scale Bro. Would it be too much to ask that we could agree on 26mm wheels and tires "in the spirit of scale realism R/C?" To the racers participating in this class,would it be O.K. with you guys and with you Robobuddy? Thanks for your time.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xsracer
Robotech,this up coming race is getting exciting rain or shine.With your permission I'd like to request a gentlemen's agreement in regards to the Pro Mod Trans Am Class.I've tried setting up my HPI '68' mustang 200mm body with 24mm wheels since you state it's open tires and wheels.It' just don't look scale Bro. Would it be too much to ask that we could agree on 26mm wheels and tires "in the spirit of scale realism R/C?" To the racers participating in this class,would it be O.K. with you guys and with you Robobuddy? Thanks for your time.
I don't mind, but you'd have to have everyone racing the class agree on that. Just to be fair.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't mind, but you'd have to have everyone racing the class agree on that. Just to be fair.
Cool thanks Robotech.So question goes out to the racers in Pro Mod
Trans Am.Can we all agree on 26mm tires and rims for the sake of "realistic" R/C racing?Thanks for your time.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Already heard from a couple racers who would not be able to race ProMod Trans Am if the tires are restricted to 26mm since they don't have any so we'll be sticking to the open tire rule (any width, just no dish wheels). The idea of ProMod Trans Am was to get people interested in a class restricted to a certain body type.

I would love to have a VTA style class someday (maybe with a 21.5 motor instead of the 25.5) but we need to start somewhere and I think ProMod Trans Am is that starting point.

So, again, ProMod Trans Am will be any tire. You can run 26mm if you so choose.

Last edited by Robotech; 04-10-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:24 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

So for GT10 is it 26mm or 24mm spoked rims/tires? And 190mm or 200mm bodies?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like i will be racing Troy's car this weekend. Haven't driven since my stuff got jacked. It will be nice to race and just RACE with out working too.

Roger, 24 or 26mm wheels/tires are fine. any 190/200mm GT body is fine too.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:14 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Thanks Charlie. Your RC stuff got jacked too? Or just the PA system and equipment?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RAL
Thanks Charlie. Your RC stuff got jacked too? Or just the PA system and equipment?
RC Bag:batteries, motors, chargers, SPARE PARTS, and tools. Yep..they cleaned me out.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Still am sick just thinking about that Charlie. I'll get that car set up tonight so it's ready to go. Just a couple little things to do to it since I usually take care of them as soon as the last race is done.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Still am sick just thinking about that Charlie. I'll get that car set up tonight so it's ready to go. Just a couple little things to do to it since I usually take care of them as soon as the last race is done.
Don't worry about it too much man...if the car needs a little tweakin' im sure i can get it working.=) Just worry about the running the race and if u needed any help, just ask.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

It's just throwing in a battery (since the car was never made for lipo it is more than just litterally throwing it in) and getting the tires I normally run on it and you can go from there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.