Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Airland Indoor Raceway (AIR) in San Jacinto, Hemet Area, California OPENING SOON >

Airland Indoor Raceway (AIR) in San Jacinto, Hemet Area, California OPENING SOON

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airland Indoor Raceway (AIR) in San Jacinto, Hemet Area, California OPENING SOON

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For 1/10 buggys and truck I recommend HB beams in pink for airland
If its super cold like its been use the stock foam...when it starts to warm up ill go from blue/red foam
Old 03-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chaseman1
They are called "beams" . Airland is getting a track rebulid soon! I hear they are expanding the track 5 more feet as well
That's the one, thanks.

Where is the five more feet going to come from?

I really like the size, in the same way I like the Hemet track for 1/8th. Everyone wants huge and it gets samey. Small technical tracks I find a lot of fun.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

In Time we are going to move driver stand back a few more feet,It will just kind of open things up a little.Right now we are using almost every square foot of space ,and its working fine.Track change is coming in about 1 1/2 weeks ,its all a scheduling thing and what works with guy doing change.We have learned a lot about our clay and with this change ,surface should be better than ever !
Old 03-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by pacecar
In Time we are going to move driver stand back a few more feet,It will just kind of open things up a little.Right now we are using almost every square foot of space ,and its working fine.Track change is coming in about 1 1/2 weeks ,its all a scheduling thing and what works with guy doing change.We have learned a lot about our clay and with this change ,surface should be better than ever !

If at all possible move the first row of pit tables long way to put the grand stand all the way backed up to the snackbar window and widen the track as well. A more rectangular track has WAY more potential for good layout design oppose to a square track!!!!!! WAY more!!!!!! Did you get that?? WAY more!!!!!! WAY WAY more I said!!!!!!!

Please Doug and Glen if you never listen to me and my suggestions again, listen this time!!!!!!!!!!! It will make a huge difference and the more square footage the more outdoor guys coming in the door saying " wow this isn't so bad it's actually pretty large for indoor....." And there hooked and show up every race day!!!!! Do it once, do it right!!!!!!! I have faith still!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
If at all possible move the first row of pit tables long way to put the grand stand all the way backed up to the snackbar window and widen the track as well. A more rectangular track has WAY more potential for good layout design oppose to a square track!!!!!! WAY more!!!!!! Did you get that?? WAY more!!!!!! WAY WAY more I said!!!!!!!

Please Doug and Glen if you never listen to me and my suggestions again, listen this time!!!!!!!!!!! It will make a huge difference and the more square footage the more outdoor guys coming in the door saying " wow this isn't so bad it's actually pretty large for indoor....." And there hooked and show up every race day!!!!! Do it once, do it right!!!!!!! I have faith still!!!!!!!
+1 Mr. Wheelman! Thanks to you and Blackwell being at JBRL I won tonight!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

There is no need for the grandstand at all! Bigger the better! Push the track against the walls and have announcing where there grandstand is. alot of wasted space in the back corner for five pit spots
Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i agree with chaseman there is more room that could be used to expand the track and as it is no one really uses the grandstand, if anything you could put it outside in the back that way when the doors are open people can watch from there
Old 03-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chaseman1
+1 Mr. Wheelman! Thanks to you and Blackwell being at JBRL I won tonight!
....good job chase next time ill run buggy and give you a run for your money "maybe"...lol
Old 03-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Had fun this weekend not too busy smooth program....hey chase sorry about your diff I told you I always break other peoples ride...lol its just my luck
Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Doitinthedirt
Had fun this weekend not too busy smooth program....hey chase sorry about your diff I told you I always break other peoples ride...lol its just my luck
No worries dude. It wouldve gone out my next run anyway. Im going back to the gear diff anyway. I hope I didnt break anything on your scte, but if I did were even
Man I cant wait for the track rebuild. I wouldnt mind even running it reversed for awhile I did some laps backwords lastnight and its pretty darn fun.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah bro track needs to be rebuilt its played out... I'm not 100% sure if Ryan did the last track but I hope if he did he will do the next one..I say keep it fresh and more people will come...what they need to do I know it sounds crazzzy but I would make the building larger/ longer...lol with all that space they have that's not being used that would be the shiiiit..picture that people..lol but I know of will cost thousands and thousands and did I say thousands to do but hey I can dream....lmao
Old 03-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Had a great time out at Airland on Saturday. They got off to a bit of a late start, and in a "one last practice" scenario I ended up snapping my steering rack... gave me an excuse to pick up the aluminum upgrade though!

I have to say that every time I've been here I've been impressed with the people and the venue and always have a great time!

One thing I have to mention is the back corner of the track. The spot labeled as turn marshal spot 5, I slipped in that hole and caught my shin on the exposed metal edge of the track wall. Scraped up pretty bad. It would have been much worse if I had been wearing shorts. It might be a moot point if you are changing the track, but please fill in holes like this and please use plastic or rubber to cap the sharp edges of the track wall. Its a major liability issue if someone gets seriously injured.

Keep up the great work. Life is keeping me away for a few Saturdays, but maybe I'll hit up a Wednesday night in the next couple of weeks instead! How's the stadium truck turnout on Wed. nights?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Any news on track rebuild did they the new layout today if so did anyone help build it? Any info would be nice maybe some pics or video?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by kahuna2793
Any news on track rebuild did they the new layout today if so did anyone help build it? Any info would be nice maybe some pics or video?
It will be a bit. Someone might keep us posted?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
It will be a bit. Someone might keep us posted?
Will the track be ready for tomorrow??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.