Search

Surf City Enduro: Summer Showdown!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TDR
Love the drama. .........The most exciting part is the novak fire........
Sounds like we're on our way to becoming NASCAR, LOL.

Now all we need are some deep pocket sponsors and track side interviews..........

I want to bring my air tools next time......... so we have authentic pit sounds when we do tire changes.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, pit side interviews would be pretty cool.

Regarding Andy, it is evident there is no logical solution to his problem than to make more problems. Andy, You made your point and seems like you are by yourself on this and the only one not having any fun this Sunday. With that being said, it is probably the best to agree that it would be good that you are not going to come back to any of our events/races and that you should stick to programs here in Socal or where ever you race/play that best suits your RC needs. Best of luck to you and your hobby. I will still continue to run races, host FUN events, as well as help out any racer that asks for it and teach people how to paint. Again, thankyou everyone who showed their appreciation for OC Circuit's events and your loyal support! All you guys ROCK!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Yeah, pit side interviews would be pretty cool.

Regarding Andy, it is evident there is no logical solution to his problem than to make more problems. Andy, You made your point and seems like you are by yourself on this and the only one not having any fun this Sunday. With that being said, it is probably the best to agree that it would be good that you are not going to come back to any of our events/races and that you should stick to programs here in Socal or where ever you race/play that best suits your RC needs. Best of luck to you and your hobby. I will still continue to run races, host FUN events, as well as help out any racer that asks for it and teach people how to paint. Again, thankyou everyone who showed their appreciation for OC Circuit's events and your loyal support! All you guys ROCK!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Charlie

My name is John Gaines and I am the team member of team Evolution that brought the body issue to your attention. I am also the one that said it was cool and no worries about it if team Nitronic "MANED" up to it and not my team mate Cuzn Andy.

At this time I would like to comment about my team mate's post and the replies to it. First of all, rules are rules but whatever. All the teams even team Nitronics ran a good race and had fun even with a little bending of the rules. As for our little issue about our windshield wiper for this round and last round. Well last round we did put on the so called factory windshield wiper that so happened to be a small sticker that was supplied with the body when purchased but you yourself passed it when you checked our car in your so called tech inspection. I would like to thank you for lending us a windshield wiper for this race so we would comply to the rules for this round. But if you would please recall coming over to our table and talking to us. We were the ones to bring up the issue of our own windshield wiper to you. Asking you if it would comply to the rules. Not you catching it. Please shoot me your address and I will be sure to send it back to you. With shipping insurance of course!

My team mate and I understand what goes into organizing a event for friends, families and competitive racers. We appreciate the effort you put into this race. We have helped organize for a national race for over 250 people racing for 5 days and know what you went through. But that's small cheese compared to a 3 hour endurance race in a parking lot for 7 to 11 teams. We are just a little discouraged on the unorthodox way and timely manner and bias way these two races have been conducted. We did the first race as a joke cause we are just some off road racers trying some on road racing and had a blast got a good laugh out of it even with having to practice with no driver stand cause parts of it was forgotten. Sadly, this round made it a bad joke with a drive stand.

As for the other person talking trash about our driving and calling us out. I don't understand where you get off saying that when no one talked smack about anyone's driving. How about you come drive some off road and then come back here and post.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

for the record, the only body change that was made was before the 5 lap qualifier. I assume that was the body change that you saw. We had an extra body that was specifically for the concourse. The only difference between the two was the ofna sticker on the side. That's all. If you want to bash someone, bash our team, not the race director that puts all of his heart and soul into organizing all of the races. All of the posts that are basically about seeing who has the best comeback is a big waste of time and useless chater for this thread. Really, you guys need to just let it go. To Charlie and the crew, thanks for all of your hard work. See you guys next time.

Last edited by bubuz28; 08-01-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Reading all this drama is just useless.. Please take all and future coments to pm,s .. I had a great time with Everybody . and watched Teams working hard to just finish the race ,, After all thats whats its all about . Having a Good Time Running r/c,s with Friends and sharing idea's and talking about the coulda, woulda , shoulda's . that would of made the day even better .. Til the next race .. Everybody !!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rockstarjohn
My team mate and I understand what goes into organizing a event for friends, families and competitive racers. We appreciate the effort you put into this race. We have helped organize for a national race for over 250 people racing for 5 days and know what you went through. But that's small cheese compared to a 3 hour endurance race in a parking lot for 7 to 11 teams.
Yeah dude, you're right... Our A-main was only 1 hour long... this one was 3 hours!!!

Everyone be on the lookout for a 5 page spread on The Surf City Enduro in next months issue of XRC Magazine!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CuznAndy
Yeah dude, you're right... Our A-main was only 1 hour long... this one was 3 hours!!!

Everyone be on the lookout for a 5 page spread on The Surf City Enduro in next months issue of XRC Magazine!
Ok Andy, you made your point. Move on. If you continue with this banter after you are warned, you will be considered TROLLING and that is not acceptable here. Consider this your First, Last, and ONLY warning.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Ok...here are some pics as promised.

THe Teams.

The Winners

The rest of the pics will be up Tomorrow night. Takes too long to upload these huge pics!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Pictures

Great pics dude, nice job thanks
Old 08-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

NICE photo's CB !!! keep them coming ...
Old 08-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

hey guys, a few of us are headed down to cal this weekend to run @ surf city on sunday, is there a club race saturday night @ the Cal???
Old 08-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Ok Pics are all done! Big thankyou to everyone who came out! Special BIG THANKYOU to Novak Electronics who sponsored the event and allowed us to use their Motors and ESC to run the grueling 3 hour race! There were so many lead changes and such close battles, the day was destined to be an exciting one!
CHeck out the Race Results!

Now, for some pics!!!!

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.